PDA

View Full Version : Josh Kennedy

tasmania60
9th July 2014, 10:10 PM
Anyone think now Ablett wont play this year it opens the field and the man sitting second is Mr Constancy , cant see any one else thats close . Collingwood players dont count, but really got to be in it . Ablett may miss this year but was he second last year if so might get his third that way ?

churry
9th July 2014, 10:16 PM
Yeah Joey and Pendles are right in the mix. I fear that Fyfe will get the most votes and consequently leave the night with no medal.

aardvark
9th July 2014, 10:20 PM
We have a LOT of players that will take votes off him.

liz
9th July 2014, 11:06 PM
We have a LOT of players that will take votes off him.

Agree. His chances depend on him getting a lot of 1 and 2 votes behind other players who've had their turn at being Mr BOG. He'll get the odd BOG of his own, but Franklin, Jack, Hanners, Parker and maybe a few others will challenge him for votes in a lot of games. It's why we're one of the serious premiership fancies. And I reckon Kennedy would much rather another premiership medal than a Charlie in any case.

jetts32
10th July 2014, 12:41 AM
For atleast the last 2 years The Swans have had the most brownlow votes of any team.
I've always said Jobe shouldn't of won the 2012 brownlow, Gary Ablett was still the best player of that year AND Josh Kennedy was a close second - with the most contested possession, most clearances and 30 odd goals for the year BUT the swans were the only team to have 4 players pull over 10 brownlow votes each.

It's a gift and a curse - Kennedy didn't get the recognition he deserved but we have numerous players that just destroy games such as Jack, Hanners, ROK (back then) and now Buddy, Parker, Mcglynn and Mcveigh.

Kennedy is clearly one of the best midfielders in the game - he's just been held back by an amazing midfield... How terrible ;)

Jewels
10th July 2014, 10:36 AM
For this year anyway it should be called The Bradbury Medal.

MightyBloods
10th July 2014, 02:54 PM
I'm having a quiet wager on Parker and looooong odds.

stellation
10th July 2014, 03:50 PM
Just took a look at Mummy's numbers, I wonder if he might storm home and give it a bit of a shake. He's averaged 13.5 disposals, 49 hitouts and 7.5 tackles in their 4 wins, and I'd say he was probably BOG in 3 of the 4 and might have picked up another vote here or there. I wouldn't be too shocked if he's on 12 or 13 now with 7 games to go. Wowee!

DeadlyAkkuret
10th July 2014, 04:25 PM
Can't see Mummy getting anywhere near it. 16 votes tops.

stellation
10th July 2014, 04:31 PM
Oh I don't really think he's going to win it, or finish top 5 or anything- just curious how many votes he'll end up with. He's had a few pretty big games.

southsideswan
30th July 2014, 04:26 PM
I was watching On The Couch with John Kennedy (father) being interviewed and found it fascinating at how Hawthorn let Josh go. My history with the game is only very short so did the "look up". Joined Hawks through f/s in 2007 and did not play any senior football, 3 games in 2008 and 10 games in 2009 and then offered a 1 yr deal!! I got the impression Clarkson was not impressed by Josh. Swans offered 3 years and that is how it happened. Since coming to Sydney he has not missed a game (? must be close to that). He has gone from after 3 years at Hawks close to being delisted to climbing up to say in top 10 out of 800 players in the competition. Makes you wonder why the improvement, late bloomer?, being out of Melbourne/Hawks?. What ever turned out ok for us.

Auntie.Gerald
30th July 2014, 04:58 PM
our style works very very well for inside midfielders

Hawthorn love to keep the ball and chip around uncontested football.............that is not Kennedys go at all in my opinion so horses for courses and we are very fortunate !

ShockOfHair
30th July 2014, 08:44 PM
I was watching On The Couch with John Kennedy (father) being interviewed and found it fascinating at how Hawthorn let Josh go. My history with the game is only very short so did the "look up". Joined Hawks through f/s in 2007 and did not play any senior football, 3 games in 2008 and 10 games in 2009 and then offered a 1 yr deal!! I got the impression Clarkson was not impressed by Josh. Swans offered 3 years and that is how it happened. Since coming to Sydney he has not missed a game (? must be close to that). He has gone from after 3 years at Hawks close to being delisted to climbing up to say in top 10 out of 800 players in the competition. Makes you wonder why the improvement, late bloomer?, being out of Melbourne/Hawks?. What ever turned out ok for us.

The Hun carried a story on John Jr's remarks. No Cookies | Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/john-kennedy-jr-disappointed-son-joshs-career-didnt-continue-at-hawthorn-pleaded-case-to-alastair-clarkson-in-final-season/story-fni5f8ge-1227001895815?nk=badf4e3fd14c96c603c6eb2e45c09a64)

I always thought they let Joey go because they didn't have room. But seems Clarko didn't rate Joey at all.

Joey's pretty much my favourite player and IMHO our most important player as well. It's noticeable when he goes missing.

AnnieH
30th July 2014, 08:47 PM
Joey said that I can mind his brownlow for him on grand final day.
Cool.

jono2707
30th July 2014, 08:48 PM
Of course we wouldn't be silly enough to let go of a future-gun-hard-nosed-inside-mid-ball-magnet-father-son recruit with his best years ahead of him would we.........

AnnieH
30th July 2014, 08:50 PM
Hawks fans didn't like it when, every time Benny or Joey touched the ball and did something awesome, I'd say I can't believe they let (insert name) go, Hawthorn are so bloody bad at the trade table... blah blah. Very funny (for me, anyway).

theta
1st August 2014, 06:01 PM
Go here for some hearty lols re kennedy....overrated, selfish, traitor, c-grade player....apparently wouldnt even make the Hawthorn list.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/josh-kennedy.1056401/