PDA

View Full Version : A question about the Swans Shop

robbieando
14th January 2003, 10:38 PM
Does anyone know if the Swans Shop is open at this time of year and if so what are the opening times?????

desredandwhite
14th January 2003, 10:48 PM
Welllll... it's not REALLY the swans shop anymore. it really only carries the full range of swannies gear during the games. you would get better range of stuff in melbourne I reckon, Robbie - or maybe mail order when they release all the new stuff

robbieando
14th January 2003, 10:54 PM
Well that sucks. I'm hoping to get the new Puma Polo Top but the AFL Store at Chadstone hasn't got any of the Swans Puma stuff - yet it has West Coast's:mad: :mad: so with my parents in Sydney for the week I asked them to stop by and see if they could get one. Oh well I ring them now to tell them to stop walking around and let them go to bed

desredandwhite
14th January 2003, 11:01 PM
I know I saw a couple of new tops at micks simmons on George St....

jude_boltons_babe
15th January 2003, 12:02 AM
there is the game it has all sports in it i wish i lived in melbourne they have much better swans things my bro from melbourne bought be a new swans backpack its great

liz
15th January 2003, 12:36 AM
There is usually some Swans gear there but you have to hunt hard to find the little corner amidst all the league stuff. The shop is in the Gold Members' carpark and is open at least from 9-5 Mon to Fri.

jude_boltons_babe
15th January 2003, 01:28 AM
i go there all the time most of it is souths stuff and nrl not alot of it is afl

vagary
15th January 2003, 08:29 AM
when i went into there last it had mainly criket stuff but there is alot of swans stuff there.

Charlie
15th January 2003, 11:27 AM
Where'd you get the idea that there's Swans stuff everywhere here? The AFL stores only carry knick-knacks like mugs and badges. There is only 1 K-Mart store (so called "AFL Headquarters") that carries any Swans stuff. The only time you can get any official clothes are at matches, where you get a fairly limited range.

If there's heaps down here, I must have my eyes closed.

j s
15th January 2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Charlie
Be careful crossing roads Charlie

Grant
15th January 2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
Where'd you get the idea that there's Swans stuff everywhere here? The AFL stores only carry knick-knacks like mugs and badges. There is only 1 K-Mart store (so called "AFL Headquarters") that carries any Swans stuff. The only time you can get any official clothes are at matches, where you get a fairly limited range.

You need to be over this side of melbourne Charlie.There are at least 2 AFL stores here that are loaded with swans stuff.The owner is a mad swans supporter like us so he has his stores well stocked.He shows me the catalogues of the new stuff coming out all the time,he is really good.

(I think he even reads these forums occasionally,sshhhh)

Charlie
15th January 2003, 02:19 PM
Damn... does he want to buy the AFL Highpoint store?????

robbieando
15th January 2003, 06:00 PM
Grant I know Chadstone doesn't have anything of the new Puma range yet has every other team with Puma. Haven't been to Knox

tez
15th January 2003, 08:17 PM
I got my last lot of gear from Playbill on the net. No
problems at all.

Cheer Cheer
15th January 2003, 09:12 PM
Try the AFL shop in Southland shopping complex robbie.
At the start of last season I got the top of the range brand new polo top for 2002 ( which is still valid for this year ), so try southland in cheltenham. You will have a good as chance as anywhere else.
Hope you are prepared to part with a wad of cash though, my polo top cost me the best part of $100.
Anyway check it out.

robbieando
16th January 2003, 01:14 AM
The Puma Range design has changed for 2003 for all clubs. So your Polo Top should be out of date.

Grant
16th January 2003, 02:18 PM
Robbie,the guy i know owns the one at Knox and at Fountain Gate.He showed me the catalogue at knox a while ago,havent been there for a while to see if he has them in yet.I was going to buy something back then and he told me to wait because of the new range.Even if you ask him,he may order it in for you.

Not to sure if he has in stock yet,i havent been there since christmas.

Cheer Cheer
16th January 2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
The Puma Range design has changed for 2003 for all clubs. So your Polo Top should be out of date.

It may be out of date, but it is still the best one going around, it is the same one that paul roos and the coaching staff wore on match days when roos took over. I have even seen roos wear it this year.
Treat yourself a favour and get it, imo the best one going around ( and most expensive ) :(

robbieando
16th January 2003, 09:08 PM
I take it your talking about the Gray one???

Its a new style as far as I know and if the Hawthorn one is anything to go by I looks good

jude_boltons_babe
17th January 2003, 03:25 AM
my brother david buys me swans stuff from melbourne and the other stuff i get from the game or from the city

Ajn
18th January 2003, 10:23 AM
Where exactly can you order by mail from, as my new job allows me to wear polo shirts instead of stuffy collar and tie! Plan to wear swans polos, but need new ones

Norris Lurker
18th January 2003, 10:43 AM
The western suburbs in Sydney's not an easy place to track down AFL merchandise. A couple of places sell some Swans stuff, but there's huge gaps (eg they only sell small or medium but nothing for us fat bastards). And occasionally something might pop up for another club, but never all other clubs at the same time.
The best place I've found in Sydney is the AFL/NRL Warehouse in Darlinghurst. They haven't got a bad range of stuff, and they cater for fans of other clubs as well as the Swans. But it's not cheap:( and so I often buy stuff down in Victoria where it's in abundance.

JF_Bay22_SCG
18th January 2003, 12:20 PM
Hi Robbie/everyone,

The Score at the SCG/SFS is a complete joke. Not only have they sold out on us supporters, but the prices for the merchandise are overpriced ($15 for a crap scarf when you can buy a better one at the markets in Melbourne for $8).

The best place to buy AFL supporters stuff at decent enough prices is definitely the Sydney Aussie Rules (and rugby league too) Warehouse on Darlo Rd Kings Cross. Not only does it stock many items made by Vivid (which not apparently has lost its AFL licence) but it definitely has the best stock I've seen of not only Swans stuff but stuff for most of the AFL teams. I was in there to get a birthday present of somebody on this list who shall remain nameless, and they had a full selection of Swans chambray shirts, polos (nice red and white striped ones and the disgusting grey jobs the players have been wearing), as well as good rugby tops, Swans ties, boxers, scarves, guernseys, tank tops, and red S caps I've not seen anywhere else. In winter they'll bring out more jackets and things. It remains the only place to buy those nice big red and white Vivid coaches jackets.

If the weather stays as is, I'll be buying one of those official Puma team tank tops for sure. (BEWARE, MANBOOBS!)

Seriously guys, when in Sydney it IS worth a visit. They have stuff I've not even seen at Myers on Bourke St in Melbourne.

It would be nice if they instilled a sense of buying from your club to help your club out. But sadly once again the club's general indifference to its supporters comes to the fore.

JF :mad:

JF_Bay22_SCG
18th January 2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by vagary
when i went into there last it had mainly criket stuff but there is alot of swans stuff there.

Don't you love our club and its fans! The Sydney people moan and groan about there being nothing available for us because we are in a rugby league state.

Then the Melbourne people moan and groan because there is always stuff for every club except the Swans. And because we in Sydney have everything available to us, whereas down there..........

In reality NOBODY is happy!!!!!

JF :D

robbieando
18th January 2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
Don't you love our club and its fans! The Sydney people moan and groan about there being nothing available for us because we are in a rugby league state.

Then the Melbourne people moan and groan because there is always stuff for every club except the Swans. And because we in Sydney have everything available to us, whereas down there..........

In reality NOBODY is happy!!!!!

JF :D

Damn right

I suppose the club could solve the problem by opening a club shop again at the SCG and have all stock available to be brought at the Melbourne office. At least this way we know where one spot is to buy things at. Then work on getting stock into other places.

JF_Bay22_SCG
19th January 2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by robbieando
Damn right

I suppose the club could solve the problem by opening a club shop again at the SCG and have all stock available to be brought at the Melbourne office. At least this way we know where one spot is to buy things at. Then work on getting stock into other places.

But that involves

-EFFORT
-CONSIDERATION OF THE SUPPORTERS/MEMBERS.
-A HUGE CHANCE OF ATTITUDE AT BOTH CLUB OFFICES.

It won't happen in our lifetime.

I want to know why the Swanshop was closed. It wasn't 100% ideal. But it is better than the rubbish now.

In other news Kmart Eastgardens, Bondi Junction and Eastgardens both have fairly decent gatherings of Swans nicknacks. I bought on of the nice red polos for $29 which are a bargain compared to the stuff you get from Puma these days. The cap I wear to games now was bought there. Unlike most of the stuff Puma puts out, it is actually RED (which when I last looked was one of our club's colours. Hee Hee). And at $13 it is good value, especially with the Velcro back bit with the AFL logo on it.

And as far as I'm concerned, those grey polos are shocking. The red ones are OK, but I like the button-collared one I got the year before heaps better.

Due to my girth these days, my guernsey-wearing days are pretty much over.

JF :p

desredandwhite
19th January 2003, 05:15 PM
I don't really mind the non-red clothing. It's nice to be able to wear something swannish at whatever ocassion, and not have to wear a bright red shirt :)

Basically I would be happy with a mixture. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) we have a bright, attention-grabbing colour - works great on-field and in the stands, but not so good at work!

I'm also not quite sure why they did away with the old Swanshop - But I suppose it might have to do with not being able to fit it into the new facility they built onto the side of the SCG. Would be nice, though, to have one spot to get all your footy gear from.

jude_boltons_babe
24th January 2003, 02:20 AM
i went to get my clothes to put in the dryer they have all been stolen even my swans new training shirt and other swans stuff its so bloody unfair i was told to put a police report so i did and what ive lost comes between 500 to 600 hundread dollars worth

JF_Bay22_SCG
24th January 2003, 10:10 PM
Hey think of the positives!
I mean you could hang 30 South Sydney jumpers on the line. And a week later you would have 30 South Sydney jumpers.

(Don't start me up on the people who suddenly have fallen in love with wearing Sydney Roosters shirts!!!!)

At least the thieves of this world will be resplendant in red and white.

Think of your loss of Swans gear as a way of beautifying the community at large!

JF:D

robbieando
24th January 2003, 10:23 PM
Very good point JF,

The more people wearing Swans gear instead of Thugby gear can only be a good thing. Still it is sad news to have something of yours stolen.

(JF check your PM's)

jude_boltons_babe
24th January 2003, 10:41 PM
hi julian hows it going i cant belive they would steal my swans stuff thankgod i didnt put my roosters stuff and any more of my swans stuff