PDA

View Full Version : Roos:this kid is the goods

SWANSBEST
5th March 2003, 10:01 PM
http://www.thebladder.com.au/content/news/displayContent.asp?CID=1913&EID=158

AFL
?This kid?s the goods!? ? Roos
by STAFF REPORTERS

Adam Schneider will be a superstar this year, probably winning the Brownlow Medal, the Coleman Medal and the AFLPA Player of the Year, according to Sydney coach Paul Roos.

?Look, most coaches would sell you a line about how we?re going to take our time, let the kid develop, yadda yadda yadda, but I figure why not tell the truth,? the Swans coach said.

?Adam will be a better player than Carey, Lloyd and Hird put together. I expect him to dominate league football from round one.?

Schneider, an 18-year-old from Osborne, NSW, has shown promise as a rover and performed well against Brisbane in the first round of the Wizard Cup. At only 175cm and 76kg he is giving away considerable height and weight to most senior League players but Roos said that was insignificant.

?He?s so good, he?ll slay guys 10 times bigger than him,? said the coach.

desredandwhite
5th March 2003, 10:03 PM
I'm afraid it's not up to The Bladder's usual high standards... Seriously unfunny article, which is odd for them.

Cheer Cheer
5th March 2003, 10:13 PM
mmm, not funny

liz
5th March 2003, 11:02 PM
It's not even a justifiable dig, given Roos has been NOT talking up his youngest players.

Charlie
6th March 2003, 07:45 AM
.......where's the punchline????

What's the point?

NMWBloods
6th March 2003, 08:29 AM
You guys are too sensitive. The point is that it's a dig at all coaches and players who deliberately talk everything down, which is exactly what Roos has been doing all pre-season.

Rod_
6th March 2003, 09:43 AM
Well I'm impressed!

I suprised that Gary Ablett, Micheal Tuck, Kevin Bartlett and Leigh Mathews went mentioned in the same breath.......

Knowing my luck he will be rested this weekend and I won't see him......

If nothing else the coach (or the writer of the report) has put him on notice to what is expected!

Rod_

NMWBloods
6th March 2003, 09:54 AM
Huh?

desredandwhite
6th March 2003, 10:04 AM
yeah NW, but it would have been funnier if the article had Roosy talking about an Auskick kid or something ;)

just thought it wasn't up to the bladder's usual standard, is all. IMHO it wasn't as deliciously "out-there" as their other work.

Will the season never start? We're debating an article on The Bladder!! :D :D

NMWBloods
6th March 2003, 10:09 AM
I agree it wasn't their funniest, but I like the sentiment. Always happy for people to take the piss out of footballers for their cliches.

desredandwhite
2nd April 2003, 07:57 PM
Remember this thread?? :eek:

I thought it was a poor attempt at satire, but it's actually a possible prediction! :D

Hehehe... Go on Schneides.. prove the Bladder writers right!!!!

penga
3rd April 2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
Remember this thread?? :eek:

I thought it was a poor attempt at satire, but it's actually a possible prediction! :D

Hehehe... Go on Schneides.. prove the Bladder writers right!!!!

nice work on pulling this up, however bladder forgot to include rising star as well!

penga
4th May 2003, 11:13 AM
*BUMP*
:D

Cheer Cheer
4th May 2003, 04:57 PM
Schneider has a new nick name from triple M. It is the...

POCKET ROCKET!