PDA

View Full Version : B & F live stream

YvonneH
23rd September 2015, 09:35 AM
Hasa anyone heard if the B & F will be streamed live this year? From memory if wasn't last year, but has been done previously.

Xie Shan
23rd September 2015, 12:53 PM
I dare say whether it will be streamed or not will depend on how much Pridham plans to channel the spirit of Richard Colless in his address - he might hold back if it's streamed ;)

AnnieH
23rd September 2015, 03:57 PM
I can't post live, but I'll give an update the day after (or the day after that... depending on the headache).

Untamed Snark
23rd September 2015, 04:00 PM
I can't post live, but I'll give an update the day after (or the day after that... depending on the headache).

We'll fit you with one of those spy-cam glasses and just watch the stream of everything you see :tongue:

swansrob
23rd September 2015, 04:37 PM
We'll fit you with one of those spy-cam glasses and just watch the stream of everything you see :tongue:

So a few hours of Joey's biceps?

Go Swannies
23rd September 2015, 05:27 PM
It was streamed, unreliably, last year. The Plugger Buddy stuff was great. But it kept cutting out.

AnnieH
24th September 2015, 09:47 AM
So a few hours of Joey's biceps?

And Parker's.

Untamed Snark
24th September 2015, 10:39 AM
And Parker's.

Maybe follow Derrickx around a little?

aardvark
24th September 2015, 10:56 AM
And Parker's.

With many live crosses to the wine bottle.....

AnnieH
24th September 2015, 11:40 AM
Maybe follow Derrickx around a little?

... the second-hottest swan.
He's my sponsor child this year, so that's a definite.

goswannies
24th September 2015, 10:31 PM
Now Annie, just turn on Skype on your phone & turn it to face the stage. Easy ;)

Hope you have a great night!

Levii3
25th September 2015, 12:13 AM
Will buddy go?

YvonneH
25th September 2015, 09:28 AM
Will buddy go?

My guess is no but I have been wrong many, many times before.

AnnieH
25th September 2015, 10:43 AM
I'd be really surprised if Buddy turned up.
I'm just hoping Goodesy is going to be there.

Go Swannies
25th September 2015, 01:57 PM
I heard Goodes has gone on a two month holiday so not hopeful.

Mel_C
25th September 2015, 08:07 PM
I heard Goodes has gone on a two month holiday so not hopeful.

He said he is going to the B&F and after that he is going on holidays.

Primmy
26th September 2015, 07:32 AM
I had a 15 year run of B&Fs but it came to a financial end a couple of years ago. Miss it like blazes. I have been hugged by the best.

1. Barry Hall
2. Plugger
3. Rhyce Shaw and Mal (couldn't split them, durrr)
5. Kirky

Not in order of anything else but bear hugability, quality, generosity of arm spread, and time. Baz has that covered big time. Like being wrapped in a doona.

6'2, 220, 4.53
26th September 2015, 02:25 PM
I'd be really surprised if Buddy turned up.
I'm just hoping Goodesy is going to be there.

I don't think Buddy will go due to the appalling treatment that Jasinta faced last year. Some of the WAGS apparently took exception to her comments that the midfield failed to show up at the GF last year.

YvonneH
27th September 2015, 09:15 AM
I don't think Buddy will go due to the appalling treatment that Jasinta faced last year. Some of the WAGS apparently took exception to her comments that the midfield failed to show up at the GF last year.

Had forgotten about that.

Mel_C
27th September 2015, 05:33 PM
In the Herald Sun today it said it was expected that Buddy would be going to the Brownlow. I can't see that happening but if he does then you would think he would go to the B&F.

erica
27th September 2015, 06:02 PM
Swans say Josh Kennedy, Daniel Hannebery, Kieren Jack, Jarrad McVeigh and Luke Parker are going to the Brownlow.

Swans at the Brownlow - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2015-09-26/swans-at-the-brownlow)

Auntie.Gerald
27th September 2015, 08:59 PM

the truth hurts

Melbournehammer
27th September 2015, 09:36 PM

wonder how any wag who attended could have objected

The Big Cat
8th October 2015, 01:58 PM
Swans eNews advertising live stream on Friday for the B&F

YvonneH
8th October 2015, 03:18 PM
Yeah

Triple B
9th October 2015, 03:11 PM
Enjoy the meal, looks nice...

~~~ ALTERNATE ENTREE @ 1910 ~~~
Crispy Free Range Otway Pork belly Prawn dumplings, pumpkin puree, lemon balm emulsion
Braised Beef Short Rib Sweet potato, zucchini flower, jus
VEGETARIAN OPTION Heirloom Tomato & Asparagus Salad Goat's Feta, Pickled Cucumber, Olive Salt

~~~ ALTERNATE MAIN COURSE @ 2010 ~~~
Beef Tenderloin Crispy Queensland king prawn, smoked potato puree, truffle jus
Free Range Chicken Breast Corn, confit Kipfler potatoes, herb jus
VEGETARIAN OPTION Moroccan Chick Pea Ragout Soft polenta, kale fritters

~~~ ALTERNATE DESSERT @ 2125 ~~~
Valrhona 70 % Chocolate Fondant Creme fraiche sorbet, compressed berries
Sticky Date Pudding Butterscotch sauce, vanilla ice cream

AnnieH
9th October 2015, 04:11 PM
Enjoy the meal, looks nice...

~~~ ALTERNATE ENTREE @ 1910 ~~~
Crispy Free Range Otway Pork belly Prawn dumplings, pumpkin puree, lemon balm emulsion
Braised Beef Short Rib Sweet potato, zucchini flower, jus
VEGETARIAN OPTION Heirloom Tomato & Asparagus Salad Goat's Feta, Pickled Cucumber, Olive Salt

~~~ ALTERNATE MAIN COURSE @ 2010 ~~~
Beef Tenderloin Crispy Queensland king prawn, smoked potato puree, truffle jus
Free Range Chicken Breast Corn, confit Kipfler potatoes, herb jus
VEGETARIAN OPTION Moroccan Chick Pea Ragout Soft polenta, kale fritters

~~~ ALTERNATE DESSERT @ 2125 ~~~
Valrhona 70 % Chocolate Fondant Creme fraiche sorbet, compressed berries
Sticky Date Pudding Butterscotch sauce, vanilla ice cream

Yummo.
Sounds very similar to last year.
I suppose you can only do so much when you're feeding 1,400 people.

Primmy
9th October 2015, 08:18 PM
Live streaming working a Treat.

They punked Adam Spencer a treat when they announced him as the number 1 ticket holder for 2016. He had no idea and it must have been meticulously planned.

Huge roar when Brett Kirk AND Rhyce Shaw were announced as joining the coaching team for 2016.

Meg
9th October 2015, 11:33 PM
By the way, anyone know why Macca was on crutches? Tripped over Lolly's tricycle?

AnnieH
10th October 2015, 01:57 AM
What a fantastic night.
I'm so glad I was there to feel the love for Goodesy and Shawry.
A got a photo of the three of us. It was meant to be. :)
The food was awesome.
They kept the bar going for an extra half hour (was supposed to finished at 12).
.... and I got a goodesy print, two minutes after they announced it went on sale. I hope I'm number 37!!!
When I download my photos (and reduce their size), I'll pop a few up.

Primmy
10th October 2015, 07:53 AM
Thank you Annie, I knew you could do it.

Very impressed that you typed that at 1.57am after a night out like that with lucidity and accuracy~!

Levii3
10th October 2015, 11:13 PM
Did Parker win something remember him being on stage?

liz
10th October 2015, 11:42 PM
Did Parker win something remember him being on stage?
He was recognised for reaching the 100 game milestone during the season.

The stream worked very well but I didn't like the presentation of the votes. It was impossible to see who had scored what. It might have been fine to read at the event (though the scores were probably flashed up too quickly even for "live" watchers). But via the stream, the angle of vision made it unreadable.

Primmy
11th October 2015, 07:27 AM
Agree with you there liz. I gave up completely. I hope the Swans will post them on their site some time . It would be interesting. I am sure someone else other than Joey got a 50. I just couldn't see who it was.

The Big Cat
11th October 2015, 11:54 AM
I am sure someone else other than Joey got a 50. I just couldn't see who it was.

I think it was Tippett.

Sandridge
11th October 2015, 02:14 PM
Didn't watch the stream.

I know there was lengthy interview with Goodesy but can anyone tell me if there was a audio/visual tribute?

Primmy
11th October 2015, 03:21 PM
Didn't watch the stream.

I know there was lengthy interview with Goodesy but can anyone tell me if there was a audio/visual tribute? Yes there was. Goodsey was very pleased, he called out to his girlfriend that that was what he used to be able to do back in the day. It was a very happy send off all round.

Sandridge
11th October 2015, 04:23 PM
Yes there was. Goodsey was very pleased, he called out to his girlfriend that that was what he used to be able to do back in the day. It was a very happy send off all round.

Thanks Primmy. Great to hear!

MattW
11th October 2015, 07:56 PM
The stream worked very well but I didn't like the presentation of the votes. It was impossible to see who had scored what. It might have been fine to read at the event (though the scores were probably flashed up too quickly even for "live" watchers). But via the stream, the angle of vision made it unreadable.

I completely agree. The past presentation of the votes, in ascending order, ensured we could see the assessment of each player and created a little dramatic crescendo (and audience appreciation) as the top vote recipient was reached for each game. The method used this year lacked drama. If it was changed to save time it didn't work. I hope they change it back.

AnnieH
12th October 2015, 10:07 AM
He was recognised for reaching the 100 game milestone during the season.

The presentation of the votes sucked at the venue as well.
At the time, I thought, oh, they must be doing this so that it looks good online... silly me!!
They only had the scores up on one screen (even though there were six screens in the room), and sitting right up in the back corner (with the paying punters), you couldn't see jack.
It was a great idea marketing department... now go back to the way it was.

Here are some pics.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

AnnieH
12th October 2015, 10:12 AM

Primmy
12th October 2015, 11:50 AM
Love the photos! Straight to the pool room for a couple of them I'd say.

Complain to marketing about the presentation; they will at least get back to you. I have always found that the squeaky wheel gets oiled, especially when it comes to fans (witness my complete meltdown when marketing tried to use the Sydney chant as a rev up - they listened and apparently, found out much later, my furious communication has been used as a 'this is what we don't do' lesson).

AnnieH
12th October 2015, 12:24 PM
Love the photos! Straight to the pool room for a couple of them I'd say.

Complain to marketing about the presentation; they will at least get back to you. I have always found that the squeaky wheel gets oiled, especially when it comes to fans (witness my complete meltdown when marketing tried to use the Sydney chant as a rev up - they listened and apparently, found out much later, my furious communication has been used as a 'this is what we don't do' lesson).

Good girl.
It really was a joke.
The graphics looked fabulous... pity you couldn't read the content.
For those of us running a tally on our cloth napkins, it made it hard to keep up.
In the end, I said to the table, "look, Joey has won it already" (halfway through the night) and we just gave up and continued drinking.
I'm so glad I was right. You can't play 11 games with 30+ possessions and not poll big.

Triple B
12th October 2015, 12:34 PM
I'm interested in the votes for Rd 23 to see if Hanners getting enough votes to win the coaches award was all kocher...

Go Swannies
12th October 2015, 01:07 PM
Good girl. . . and we just gave up and continued drinking.
I'm so glad I was right. You can't play 11 games with 30+ possessions and not poll big.

I presume you are talking about your drinking on the night? I would have put money on you Annie.

The video stream was better than last year but fell over at crucial moments.

magic.merkin
12th October 2015, 01:53 PM
very happy with the stream, didnt care about the round by round polling. but could see the votes, not sure what was up with you guys.

Primmy
12th October 2015, 02:18 PM
I think our seats (in front of the podium care of live stream) were somewhat closer than Annie's seat at the back of the room with the additional screens not showing what we saw. Even so I was struggling to work out who was whom. Of course I was into half a bottle by that time....

magic.merkin
12th October 2015, 03:38 PM
:)

DA_Swan
12th October 2015, 04:57 PM
Enjoyed the stream and the music in between was great too wish I new all the songs - re and white flashing lights on the table was effective too for online watchers that is - I watched it sitting in a bus in Thailand with only the odd break in signal so very happy !!

MattW
13th October 2015, 04:07 PM
The Swans have provided a table of the round-by-round votes in the B&F; well done them.

Some observations
- Coaches had Franklin best or 2nd best OG 6 of first 11 games. Turning point for Franklin (and Swans): Richmond loss. Such an awful night.
- Tippett�s last 8 rounds second only to Joey.
- Reid's injury was the knockout blow: he was in season best form at the time.
- Only Joey polled in every game he played: Hanners didn't poll in three he played; Grundy and Jack didn't poll in four.
- Rampe's 45 in the round 17 loss to West Coast was the highest score in a loss all year.
- The lowest aggregate score for any round was round 16 v Hawthorn (deservedly).
- The co-captains scored a combined total of 20 in rounds 16 and 17.

[Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the Pyke thread (and now can't delete it from there).]

liz
13th October 2015, 06:24 PM
The Swans have provided a table of the round-by-round votes in the B&F; well done them.

Some observations
- Coaches had Franklin best or 2nd best OG 6 of first 11 games. Turning point for Franklin (and Swans): Richmond loss. Such an awful night.
- Tippett�s last 8 rounds second only to Joey.
- Reid's injury was the knockout blow: he was in season best form at the time.
- Only Joey polled in every game he played: Hanners didn't poll in three he played; Grundy and Jack didn't poll in four.
- Rampe's 45 in the round 17 loss to West Coast was the highest score in a loss all year.
- The lowest aggregate score for any round was round 16 v Hawthorn (deservedly).
- The co-captains scored a combined total of 20 in rounds 16 and 17.

[Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the Pyke thread (and now can't delete it from there).]

And to address TripleB's question (and one many of us would have been wondering), Hanners scored 40 for the round 23 game, equal to Mitchell and one fewer than Reid.