PDA

View Full Version : Time to return the cup!

The Big Cat
1st October 2015, 03:46 PM
With further confirmation of the Eagles drug use and the impact on player performance, the AFL has no choice but to send the 2006 cup to Sydney.

Mug Punter
1st October 2015, 04:11 PM
With further confirmation of the Eagles drug use and the impact on player performance, the AFL has no choice but to send the 2006 cup to Sydney.

It was an open secret at the time...

No doubt at all that Flag is tainted

bloodsbigot
1st October 2015, 05:33 PM
It still pisses me off that the AFL have ignored the issue for so long. 2006 is rightfully the swans premiership.

Taken from Daniel Chick's wikipedia:

In February 2010 Chick was fined $7000 with $1000 costs in the Perth Magistrates Court after pleading guilty to importing performance and image enhancing steroids from Thailand. He was charged after being caught with nine vials and a number of pills of anabolic steroids concealed in his luggage after landing at Perth Airport on October 9, 2009.

Where there's smoke there's fire...

Triple B
1st October 2015, 05:34 PM
Flag tainted, but I don't want the cup...

Plugger46
1st October 2015, 05:46 PM
I was there and I remember we lost. Re-writing the record books won't change anything for me.

Poor form from the Chick and the HS. 9 years they've had to bring this up and they do it in the week the Eagles are in a GF. Classless.

bloodsbigot
1st October 2015, 05:50 PM
I was there and I remember we lost. Re-writing the record books won't change anything for me.

Poor form from the Chick and the HS. 9 years they've had to bring this up and they do it in the week the Eagles are in a GF. Classless.

Obviously more loyal to the hawks rather than the eagles.

God I hate the hawks. Despite my hatred for the eagles, my hate for hawks is so overwhelming I can feel it seeping from my skin.

Industrial Fan
1st October 2015, 06:24 PM
As an asthmatic, the volume of prednisone he was talking about is crazy. It's a steroid, no question. When I was at school I could have bad asthma in the morning, take prednisone and win a running race in the afternoon.

Unbelievable really

The Big Cat
1st October 2015, 07:09 PM

Rita Panahi is a very outspoken and arrogant Hawthorn supporter. Used to spruke the Hawks continuously when was on SEN. No coincidence the article appeared today, especially all the rubbish about the family club.

Swanny40519
1st October 2015, 07:23 PM
I also was there in 2006 (as well as 2005) and it has irked me ever since that everyone knew the Weagles were doped to the eyeballs, but the AFL and West Coach management just turned a blind eye.

I understand the AFL will never change the result, but it would be very nice for the Swans to receive some sort of acknowledgment of what the Eagles had done.

But I guess it is the AFL and we are the Swans ...... so the message would be Tough T........

Hotpotato
1st October 2015, 07:41 PM
Yep , me too in 2005 and 2006.
Took my Father in Law who had never been to an AFL game let alone a Granny.

He commented

- - - Updated - - -

Cousins looks as high as a kite to me.

goswannies
1st October 2015, 08:26 PM
Yep , me too in 2005 and 2006.
Took my Father in Law who had never been to an AFL game let alone a Granny.

He commented

- - - Updated - - -

Cousins looks as high as a kite to me.
I've been to 96, 05, 06, 12 & 14 ... 2014 was the only one I didn't enjoy. Took my dad to the 2005 granny. First AFL game he'd been to. He loved it ... he refuses to go to any more GFs now, as he fears they won't live up to that one. Took my girlfriend to the 2014 GF. She doesn't think she'll go to another one as it was a lot of money to witness that game. In fact, she's "scared" to Swans games outside SA, as she's been to 2 losing Swans games in Sydney, the losing 2014 GF, but 2 winning Swans games at Adelaide Oval.

AnnieH
2nd October 2015, 10:19 AM
I don't want that tainted cup. Even the commentators call it the tainted cup.
They can keep their tainted cup; and know, that every single time they look at it in the pool room, it's still a tainted cup.
This is what it looks like in real life.

stevoswan
2nd October 2015, 01:04 PM
Obviously more loyal to the hawks rather than the eagles.

God I hate the hawks. Despite my hatred for the eagles, my hate for hawks is so overwhelming I can feel it seeping from my skin.

Me too. As much as I don't like the drug cheating '06 Eagles, I hope their current 'clean' team' (we assume!!) smash the Dawks tomorrow.

AnnieH
2nd October 2015, 03:06 PM
I hope neither of them win.
I hate them both.... I'm just torn as to which I hate more.

bloodsbigot
2nd October 2015, 03:24 PM
Me too. As much as I don't like the drug cheating '06 Eagles, I hope their current 'clean' team' (we assume!!) smash the Dawks tomorrow.

I just can't stand their spoilt supporters. They're such pigs. The new Collingwood.

I didn't think anything could top the eagles supporters in 2005-2006, but man of man was I wrong.

My hatred for the hawks runs so deep that I watch all their games with great interest praying for a loss. I think even if they bottom out one day I'll still pray for that trend to continue.

- - - Updated - - -

Hawks supporters are worse. Most Eagles supporters at least get over their losses and credit us with winning a fair premiership in 2005. Hawks deserve misery.

mcs
2nd October 2015, 04:25 PM
Hawks supporters are worse. Most Eagles supporters at least get over their losses and credit us with winning a fair premiership in 2005. Hawks deserve misery.

Yep agree with that statement - after what I saw at the 2014 GF, I have absolutely no time for them at all.

Faunac8
3rd October 2015, 05:07 AM
I agree this would have to be the first year ever for me where I have zero interest in the result. In fact I probably won't be watching given my intense dislike of both teams.
I will be watching the league on Sunday however as at least the NRL has an underdog of sorts in the Cowboys to cheer on .

Hotpotato
3rd October 2015, 07:00 AM
Forget the paranoia about the Weagles Web, it's the Hawks slick domination of the open spaces that kill off teams that don't man up and tackle them to a standstill like Sydney did in 2012.

They have a Josh Kennedy, go The Eagles and I like their song .