PDA

View Full Version : BDAFL vs MVAFA

Richo
6th March 2003, 11:56 PM
On the Black Diamond AFL page it says there'll be an interleague match between the M'bidgee Valley AFA and the BDAFL - wouldn't this be a bit of a mismatch or is the Black Diamond stronger than I thought?

On a tangent, does anyone know if Singleton or Muswellbrook (or both) are reforming this year?

Spanner
9th March 2003, 06:10 AM
I think it is a positive move by the BDAFL.
At least they are showing some forsight in expanding the exposure of their competition and show casing the best players in the league.
It should be noted that there will be no representative teams from the Sydney based competitions playing anywhere this year so the way is clear for the other competitions around the State of NSW to promote the game.

TheMase
9th March 2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Richo
On the Black Diamond AFL page it says there'll be an interleague match between the M'bidgee Valley AFA and the BDAFL - wouldn't this be a bit of a mismatch or is the Black Diamond stronger than I thought?

On a tangent, does anyone know if Singleton or Muswellbrook (or both) are reforming this year?
I played in the BDAFL for years. There are some very good players in that League, but their are some pretty ordinary players too. Generally their rep sides are fairly strong.

I think it still would e a bit of a mismatch, but we shall see.

Richo
10th March 2003, 12:21 AM
Considering the Riverina AFL isn't too far behind the ACTAFL in standard - but then how much has the BDAFL progressed? The number of clubs is slowly building, some talent should filter through.

Rep games are great for development and exposure, though.

TheMase
10th March 2003, 09:33 AM
Considering the Riverina AFL isn't too far behind the ACTAFL in standard - but then how much has the BDAFL progressed? The number of clubs is slowly building, some talent should filter through.

Rep games are great for development and exposure, though.

I last played in it in 2001, so I cannot imagine it would have change much in that time.

Phil Doyle
3rd April 2003, 10:15 PM
Considering the Riverina AFL isn't too far behind the ACTAFL in standard -

that's a big call!

Richo
4th April 2003, 12:24 AM
Yeah, a big call I admit, but the difference in standards isn't so great that a club couldn't successfully move between.... Even if it meant going from being juggernauts in one league and ladder fillers in the other!

What I wonder is how Batemans Bay ever coped in the ACTAFL - the Sapphire Coast league struggles against East Gippy in rep matches.

Phil Doyle
7th April 2003, 12:38 AM
With all due respek Richo Wagga Tigers dominated Riverina football and haven't exactly set the world on fire in the ACTAFL

Richo
7th April 2003, 08:15 AM
That's true too I spose

Richo
21st April 2003, 04:24 PM
ah OK, it's actually the Farrer FL taking on the BDAFL, not the Riverina FL