PDA

View Full Version : Jared Crouch BOG?

Cheer Cheer
4th April 2004, 06:07 PM
Well what a performance!
I don't think I have seen the little fella play so well!
Not only negated Farmer, but was more than handy the other way.
IMO - BOG.

Bleed Red Blood
4th April 2004, 06:17 PM
Fosdike I thought should be best on ground... quiet achiever.

ScottH
4th April 2004, 06:18 PM
Aker's probably wouldn't agree!!!

LOL

monopoly19
4th April 2004, 06:21 PM
I thought Jared Crouch was fantastic (he'd be pretty proud of his goal, you'd think), and Brett Kirk did such a good job on Bell too. Bevan had an outstanding 2nd game, including some 1%ers that might not get you a stat but go along way to win you the game. I could go on, but it'll just get out of hand :D

Congratulations to all the guys, it was a well-earned victory.

midaro
4th April 2004, 06:37 PM
Thought Mathews did real well.
Fosdike (my love child) got plenty of it, too.

Captain
4th April 2004, 07:07 PM
Crouchy was BOG in my eyes as well. He completely dominated Farmer and did some lovely attacking things.

Red
4th April 2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by midaro
Thought Mathews did real well.
Fosdike (my love child) got plenty of it, too.

Happy New Season Red-and-Whiters!

Yeah I thought Benny was very good today, and Fosdike certainly stepped into the 'possession machine' role vacated by Cressa. I'm really impressed by O'Keefes' workrate so far this season -- he leads all day and chases defenders relentlessly. Of course young McVeigh is displaying composure well beyond his experience, as is Bevan. Heaths' body is finally allowing him to show his excellent defensive game, and Leo is strongly auditioning for the 'backline general' part that we've missed since Dunks' departure.

It's almost weird to feel so positive so early in the season -- but there it is. I guess if we really need to have a maligned player (and it seems we do), it would be Saddo this time around. And hasn't there already been plenty of bloodletting on this board over that! But if we've only got <i>one</i> guy in this love-him-or-drop-him category (aside from life-members Nicks & Warfe), I guess we're doing ok. We should also consider all the other players that have been there at some time: Goodes, Jude, Leo, Fosdike, Kirk, Benny, just to name a few. Even Stewie had the question marks over his head a few years ago, until a hailstorm nearly destroyed his house!

But back to the topic, I'd give Bazza BOG today, followed closely by Jared, then probably Nic (or Ben, or Ryan).

Or Tige. Damn. It's great to have this agony of choice, isn't it? :)

motorace_182
4th April 2004, 09:21 PM
How good was Judes goal in the third term!! Pressure was on, he goes third man up, wins it, then gets the possession off O'Keefe, im probably wrong, and then snaps a goal. Awesome play!!

Fozzie played exceptionally well today. He, Crouch and Captain were absolute standouts. Not only was Bells possessions fairly low, they lost effectiveness. He just tried to scab easy possessions down back.

What the hell was Willow doin in that kick out in the first term??!!

Destructive
4th April 2004, 10:04 PM
I though young Tadgh had a great game, followed by Crouchy and Pebbles coming in third.

Bear
4th April 2004, 10:07 PM
3 votes for Crouchy for mine.

Charlie
4th April 2004, 10:09 PM
Jared's been great early this year. What me and Robbie noticed at the Kangaroos practice match is just how attacking his game is when let lose. With clean hands, a beautiful kick and lightning pace, he's a natural Willo-type player.

Unfortunately, he's been forced to play a more negating role for most of his career. If Fixter gets right, he can take the back pocket, and with Kirk already a very attacking defensive midfielder, we're set.

BTW - Think Crouch was best on ground? make it count then... (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/tlm.php) :D

Grant
5th April 2004, 12:02 AM
Fosdike for mine,very polished performance today,was in everything,very Cresswell-esque.
Then Crouchy a close second

Barry Schneider
5th April 2004, 12:14 AM
I would like to see Crouch tried as a non tagging midfielder now and then.He is quick and takes players on and loves a goal.

I thought Tadgh had a good game.I hope he gets moved up to the wing so he has more opportunities to kick running goals.

Sid
5th April 2004, 12:27 AM
Its good to see how its always like this. Such a great number of good performers all the time. Same story in the goal kickers tally too.

I've actually always been a big fan of crouchy because I've always liked the fast players. He's been quiet for a long time now and today just showed that he still has what it takes. I wonder what his tally is in "games in a row".

Tadgh Kennelly was a surprise too. I think some of us probably thought that he would be a bit ginger. Theres just too many other good performers to mention...

liz
5th April 2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Cheer Cheer
Well what a performance!
I don't think I have seen the little fella play so well!
Not only negated Farmer, but was more than handy the other way.
IMO - BOG.

Roosey agrees with you

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/04/04/1081017036147.html