PDA

View Full Version : More alleged corruption within the AFL

Doctor J.
10th February 2016, 10:53 AM
WA footy misses out on contract to run new Perth Stadium - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-08/wa-footy-misses-out-contract-to-run-new-perth-stadium)

So the managers of the new Perth Stadium are to be the current managers of ANZ stadium.

The AFL Commission chairman is front and centre in this. No conflict of interest in this at all. MUCH. :hmmmm2::greedy_dollars::greedy_dollars::greedy_do llars:

mcs
10th February 2016, 11:22 AM
Not sure its corruption per say - but the conflict of interest is stark, and it all seems a little bit too convenient, given that I understand the management of ANZ stadium will soon revert to the broader stadiums trust being set up by the Government in Sydney.

Not a good story for WA footy either I dont think - despite all the assurances in the world, I'm sure they'll be left a long way worse off in the wash up of all this.

Doctor J.
10th February 2016, 12:37 PM
Yes perhaps corrupt is a bit over the top, but it never ceases to amaze me how often AFL Commissioners put themselves in a position that screams "conflict of interest", louder than a politician riding a helicopter. Fitzpatrick is an expert at it.

cos789
12th February 2016, 10:51 AM
I don't really like contributing to a sensationalist and miss-titled thread but the WA situation is shocking.
The premier started many grandiose projects in Perth more as a legacy to his rule rather than good business logic.
The new stadium could have been completed much sooner and as little as a third of the cost of the current stadium.
As such football was always expected to finance this statement when football leaders were always concerned of their position.
The situation is underlined by the fact that NO agreement was made before construction started and we are still without agreement.
Football is and always has been concerned about it's funding and the government is concerned about it's recouping it's excess.
Unfortunately the excess is of such magnitude that is impossible.
The coup de grace is the licensing of the stadium given to what can only be described as a failed and at times inept group.