PDA

View Full Version : Post PK adulation

snajik
7th March 2003, 01:21 PM
I recall that this time last year there was a RWO poll asking posters to nominate their three favourite players. From memory Paul Kelly was overwhelmingly the most popular player. I know that he got three votes from me.

So now that Kel won't be wearing the famous number 14 this year, who is your new favourite player? (This is only posed to those whose favourite player was Kel last year).

I'm going to start the ball rolling by making what I perceive will be an unpopular selection, and nominate Brett Kirk. While not in the same league as Kel, I feel that he has a big heart, is a great tackler, and though not over-endowed with talent, always has a go. Plus, he is fast becoming a cult hero for those of us who sport the sideburns.

Any takers?

Mike_B
7th March 2003, 01:33 PM
Crouchy for me - a guy who never seems to have a bad game, yet never really gets the recognition either.

desredandwhite
7th March 2003, 01:40 PM
Jason Saddington. Much the same reasons as Mike's selection of Crouch. Has only missed a couple of times since debuting in rd 1 of his first season!!

Mike_B
7th March 2003, 01:42 PM
Bah, Crouchy has NEVER missed since making his debut :D

Bart
7th March 2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
Bah, Crouchy has NEVER missed since making his debut :D

Barry Hall for me. I reckon the guy has the ability to be not just a big name at this club, but one of the biggest names in the game. Just keep that head of yours firmly on its shoulders Baz. 100+ for this season.

NMWBloods
7th March 2003, 01:56 PM
Jude!! 'Coz he's really cute and has a great bod!!! And what about those skeggy blonde locks!! :p

Charlie
7th March 2003, 03:51 PM
While I don't make a point of selecting a favourite player... I guess it's down to Baz, Goodes or Tiger...

We need a nickname for Goodes!!!

Charlie

Cheer Cheer
7th March 2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Charlie

We need a nickname for Goodes!!!

Charlie

The New Kouta...

Probably the aboriginal boys are my two favourites, goodes and oloughlin, with nick davis quickly jumping to the top of the group hopefully.

Louellyn
7th March 2003, 09:54 PM
Cap'n Kirk for me, and gorgeous Tahg Kennelly. And Barry, and my beloved Cressa!!!

Oh God! It's all too hard!!!!:confused:

Craig
8th March 2003, 12:32 PM
Creesa & Micky O
They are opposites in the way they play, one in and under, always consistent, the other a matchwinner who has the ability to do anything

swansrock4eva
8th March 2003, 09:28 PM
Tadhg (duh!) and probably crouchy, ROK or bazza for me. :)

Also, on another PK-related note - a small snippet in last week's sunday tele - Lyndelle (his wife) gave birth to child number 5 - Eliza Jane, week before last.

treespirit
9th March 2003, 09:06 AM
Ask me again in 7 months! Maxfield for now.

Dpw
9th March 2003, 09:10 AM
Micky O and Fixter