PDA

View Full Version : Our side last night

Mug Punter
27th March 2016, 10:08 PM
Had the following composition (assume Tom is a first rounder even though technically F/S)

EIGHT!!!!!! Rookie elevations (Harry, Reg, Jack, Smith, Lloyd, Rampe, Robbo, Papley)
FOUR Recycled/traded players (Sinclair, Talia, Laidler, JPK)
TWO Free agents (Tippett, Buddy)
FOUR First round draft picks (Heeney, Mills, Jones, Tom)
THREE Second round draft picks (Hewett, Towers, Hanners)
ONE Third round draft picks (Parker)

This really should be circulated to anyone casting aspersions on our success and claiming we have an unfair advantage

Beerman
27th March 2016, 10:20 PM
You might find that Reid didn't play last night.

Also, Hannebery was a second-rounder - pick 30.

Mug Punter
27th March 2016, 10:32 PM
You might find that Reid didn't play last night.

Also, Hannebery was a second-rounder - pick 30.

Noted and corrected:)

barry
27th March 2016, 11:04 PM
I thought we traded in tippet?

Triple B
27th March 2016, 11:21 PM
I thought we got him in the preseason draft...

Mug Punter
28th March 2016, 09:37 AM
I thought we got him in the preseason draft...

I think you are right but the general gist of the summary is that him and Buddy are really the only established stars we got in against their club's will, the rest have been through astute trades and rookie list management on the whole

Auntie.Gerald
28th March 2016, 01:47 PM
MP there is no doubt when reading and listening to mainstream media there are a few thought starters from this site

But we might need to make it easier like this thread and not burying it in our 113 page threads :)

veramex
28th March 2016, 08:29 PM
I think I heard Longmire say that there are only 5 players still in the team from when he took over in 2011. Just shows what turnover in team we have had in 5 years!

bloodsbigot
29th March 2016, 12:08 AM
Had the following composition (assume Tom is a first rounder even though technically F/S)

EIGHT!!!!!! Rookie elevations (Harry, Reg, Jack, Smith, Lloyd, Rampe, Robbo, Papley)
FOUR Recycled/traded players (Sinclair, Talia, Laidler, JPK)
TWO Free agents (Tippett, Buddy)
FOUR First round draft picks (Heeney, Mills, Jones, Tom)
THREE Second round draft picks (Hewett, Towers, Hanners)
ONE Third round draft picks (Parker)

This really should be circulated to anyone casting aspersions on our success and claiming we have an unfair advantage

Oh man... what a steal Parker was for a round 3 pick. :eek: :eek: :eek: Could end up being a greater steal than Goodes the way Parker is going. Was only 19 when he won his first premierships and now at 23 is already part of the leadership group.

In that list, I'd prefer it if Ben McGlynn was kept out of the side in favour of Papley.

Conor_Dillon
29th March 2016, 10:02 AM
McGlynn again being criminally underrated, he will be a valuable member of our starting 22 once he is fit enough. One of our best two-way runners and a goal-kicking midfielder, not to mention his ability to play a run-with role if requires.

Plugger46
29th March 2016, 10:30 AM
McGlynn again being criminally underrated, he will be a valuable member of our starting 22 once he is fit enough. One of our best two-way runners and a goal-kicking midfielder, not to mention his ability to play a run-with role if requires.

He was. I'm a huge fan but I think you'd have to question whether his body will still allow him to be that player.

29th March 2016, 02:38 PM
He was. I'm a huge fan but I think you'd have to question whether his body will still allow him to be that player.
agreed

Mug Punter
29th March 2016, 03:09 PM

Fully fit he'll probably force his way back in but I fear father time may have caught up with him

Triple B
29th March 2016, 03:16 PM
He played very well in the 2's on the weekend, so I wouldn't be ruling him out just yet although I agree with the above sentiments re: father time....

Auntie.Gerald
29th March 2016, 03:57 PM
That's what we said about Shaw
He kicked on for a couple more ????

Conor_Dillon
30th March 2016, 08:05 AM

Wasn't he one of our better performed runners again this pre-season? Or am I getting my years confused? Agreed though that he has to string some games together.

stevoswan
30th March 2016, 10:06 PM
Benny could turn out to be one of those real hard luck stories by his career end I fear......:frown: :rolleyes: