PDA

View Full Version : New member on Sydney board

Reggi
7th April 2004, 09:23 PM
The Chairman of the Board of the Sydney Swans today announced the appointment of Robert Morgan to the Board of the Club.

Swans Chairman Richard Colless said; ?Robert Morgan is one of the best credentialed people in the Australian advertising and sponsorship markets. He is also a lifetime supporter of Australian Football.

?I can think of no better person to assist our club in its aim over the next few years of significantly increasing the level, and quality, of the revenue we generate.?

http://www.footygoss.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=9582&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Doctor J.
8th April 2004, 04:01 PM
My initial reaction is this has to be good for us

Barry Schneider
8th April 2004, 05:08 PM
Who chooses board members?Are we the only club that doesn't let members have a say?

Doctor J.
8th April 2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Barry Schneider
Who chooses board members?Are we the only club that doesn't let members have a say?

Has been debated before, and I for one am of the opinion that democracy is overrated in some circumstances.

Charlie
8th April 2004, 07:06 PM
I've long advocated a partially member-elected, partially AFL-appointed board, or at the very least a gradual changeover.

The most important thing a board can offer a club is stability, and I do believe that an appointed board makes up in stability what it lacks in accountability to members. Having say, six members appointed by the AFL and six elected by members (2 or 3 each year) would offer the best of both worlds.

Old Royboy
8th April 2004, 07:35 PM
As we are talking about boards, has anyone ever seen Colless in the crowd with the proles. At THAT Geelong game (still having nightmares) we got the shock of our lives when all these guys dressed for an undertakers convention turned up in bay 6: Costa, Wade and co. If anyone sees them this year, cheer them up because they're going to have a long night. No comebacks this week!