HB Kennelly James Barry

C Fosdike Maxfield Williams

HF Davis Hall Goodes

F O'Loughlin Doyle Schneider

R Ball Kirk BoltonJ

INT O Keefe McVeigh
Saddington Bevan

Agree?

Should Bevan get the back-pocket or fixter?

Is Saddington a bench player?

Are we to tall with our forward line?

Where do we play Goodes?

Schneider Vs ROK for the forward pocket.

Should Kennelly and Williams swapp position?

motorace_182
11th April 2004, 12:40 PM
No Matthews or LRT?? Gees its good to have such healthy competition, but i dont see Doyle having much future in AFL, if he is goin to sit in the goalsquare he has to take a contested mark and stop wasting someone elses spot in the 22.

Go Swannies
11th April 2004, 01:06 PM
The Sun Herald today had an article quoting Roos as saying Mathews set up our winning plays. I think he'll be in the team every week so have to say he's in the 22. Who gets dropped?

liz
11th April 2004, 01:57 PM
I don't reckon you can consider Fixter to be in our best 22 at the moment. It's such a long time ago since he played, he needs to reprove himself. Maybe that sounds harsh - but I don't doubt his ability to re-establish himself in the best 22 if he can get his body together.

Mathews and Crouch are definitely inside our best 22 - probably in our best 10.

robbieando
11th April 2004, 02:11 PM
B: Crouch Schauble James
HB: Kennelly C.Bolton Barry
C: Mathews Williams Maxfield
HF: Davis Hall Schneider
F: O'Keefe Ball O'Loughlin
R: Goodes Kirk J.Bolton
Int: Doyle/LRT Fosdike McVeigh Saddington

- Schauble and James take the two key forwards of the other team.
- I can't pick between LRT and Doyle at the moment, but I doubt we'll see both in the side at the same time unless hit by injuries.
- Saddo to take a more open role in the side. Mainly as the loose man in defence, but maybe he could be given a go in the midfield, as I believe he should.
- Crouch either takes the small forward or the rover.

Bleed Red Blood
11th April 2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by motorace_182
No Matthews or LRT?? Gees its good to have such healthy competition, but i dont see Doyle having much future in AFL, if he is goin to sit in the goalsquare he has to take a contested mark and stop wasting someone elses spot in the 22.

Always forget someone, LRT though I don't see as having much improvement except with his kicking and handballing.

It's either LRT or Doyle, and Doyle is a stronger ruck IMO.

sharpie
11th April 2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by motorace_182
i dont see Doyle having much future in AFL, if he is goin to sit in the goalsquare he has to take a contested mark and stop wasting someone elses spot in the 22.

Geez give the bloke a chance. After being rushed straight into the side after each injury over the past few years, Roosy has for the first time given him a chance to gain some fitness in the ressies, and then eased him into the seniors in his first game back. He didnt need to do the ruckwork with Ball and Goodes, and I suspect Roos will slowly move him in there as he progresses.

Last night, the midfield, along with everyone else, was atrocious, and the ball was rarely bombed quickly towards the goal square, where a tall bloke like Doyle will be most effective as a forward.

People were calling for LRT to be dropped after last week, and rightly so IMO. After Doyle's performances in the last few ressies matches, he demanded game time in the seniors. If Doyle gets his fitness up, he could be an integral part of the team, he just needs time, and we need patience. Come finals time, I suspect we will be very greatful for his match fitness, and so we can afford to carry him for a few weeks at the beginning of the season.

Plugger46
11th April 2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by sharpie
Geez give the bloke a chance. After being rushed straight into the side after each injury over the past few years, Roosy has for the first time given him a chance to gain some fitness in the ressies, and then eased him into the seniors in his first game back. He didnt need to do the ruckwork with Ball and Goodes, and I suspect Roos will slowly move him in there as he progresses.

Last night, the midfield, along with everyone else, was atrocious, and the ball was rarely bombed quickly towards the goal square, where a tall bloke like Doyle will be most effective as a forward.

People were calling for LRT to be dropped after last week, and rightly so IMO. After Doyle's performances in the last few ressies matches, he demanded game time in the seniors. If Doyle gets his fitness up, he could be an integral part of the team, he just needs time, and we need patience. Come finals time, I suspect we will be very greatful for his match fitness, and so we can afford to carry him for a few weeks at the beginning of the season.

Spot on.

Nico
11th April 2004, 09:27 PM
Bevan for the back pocket - in the Reserves. Far from ready for the big time.

Robbie, your side is our best side.

Nico
11th April 2004, 09:29 PM
Boy, do we miss Davis and Micky. I reckon Davis is the real blow to us right now. We need him back and firing pronto.

Between them these 2 guys are worth 60-70- goals. A bloody big hole in the side and we could do with Davis in the midfield.

Charlie
11th April 2004, 10:09 PM
Best 22 (positions are more or less irrevelent)... remembering that the 'Best 22' is purely a hypothetical.

Hall
Davis
McVeigh
Mathews
O'Keefe
Bolton
Williams
Maxfield
Fosdike
Schneider
Doyle
Kennelly