PDA

View Full Version : Gary Rohan

caj23
28th June 2016, 09:17 AM
Herald Sun reports that Geelong are sniffing around Gaz, he's contracted for another season though.

Hopefully he repays the loyalty our club has shown him as he's one of my favourites!!

All bad news this week, with Mitchell holding out at the moment. Would be ironic if he followed in his father's footsteps

goswannies
28th June 2016, 12:57 PM
Herald Sun reports that Geelong are sniffing around Gaz, he's contracted for another season though.

Hopefully he repays the loyalty our club has shown him as he's one of my favourites!!

All bad news this week, with Mitchell holding out at the moment. Would be ironic if he followed in his father's footsteps

& goes to Collingwood? That'd be yet another reason for me to hate the Pies!

bungwahl
28th June 2016, 02:08 PM
Swans have been good to Gaz in working with him through rehab. Can't see him pushing for a trade.

Sandrevan
28th June 2016, 03:18 PM
I believe that Gary got married recently. Is his lady from Sydney or from the hometown? This often influences what players do. eg Darren Jolly, Pat Dangerfield.

He's got the X factor and I hope he stays - go ginger ninja

Primmy
28th June 2016, 03:40 PM
He's a good man. He will stay loyal to those who were loyal to him and gave him every chance to succeed.

Doctor
28th June 2016, 11:27 PM
Gaz is staying with us for his entire career, I can feel it in me waters.

I reckon Mitchell will stay too. I think his manager is holding out for the next CBA and salary cap to make sure he gets the best deal he can.

stellation
29th June 2016, 12:36 PM
I hope Gary stays, and if thinking he owes something helps then that's fine, but I feel like returning from that broken leg was payback enough to the club.

56-14
29th June 2016, 01:13 PM
I believe that Gary got married recently. Is his lady from Sydney or from the hometown? This often influences what players do. eg Darren Jolly, Pat Dangerfield.

He's got the X factor and I hope he stays - go ginger ninja

There's only one person to turn to here - Are you here AnnieH - is Gary Rohan's wife from Sydney?
(Gary Rohan is tops in my opinion - he's one of the reasons why I'm a proud Swans supporter.)

royboy42
29th June 2016, 05:36 PM
There's only one person to turn to here - Are you here AnnieH - is Gary Rohan's wife from Sydney?
(Gary Rohan is tops in my opinion - he's one of the reasons why I'm a proud Swans supporter.)

His best mate went back to the West..that isn't working so well as yet.
Might make Gaz think twice.
Hope he stays tho (and that Jet's season improves).

Levii3
29th June 2016, 06:00 PM
Rival clubs circling Swans utility - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-29/swans-utility-towers-above-as-trade-target) Towers is being sought by Lions and Vic clubs... Really:hmmmm2:

stevoswan
29th June 2016, 06:14 PM
Rival clubs circling Swans utility - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-29/swans-utility-towers-above-as-trade-target) Towers is being sought by Lions and Vic clubs... Really:hmmmm2:

Yes, really.......trade bait?

Ludwig
29th June 2016, 06:31 PM
Rival clubs circling Swans utility - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-29/swans-utility-towers-above-as-trade-target) Towers is being sought by Lions and Vic clubs... Really:hmmmm2: I think Towers for Daniel McStay of Brisbane would be a good swap and beneficial to all parties.

Towers could have a breakout run from now on and hold his spot through the finals although he hasn't shown the ability to string more than 1 or 2 good games together. 3 important games coming up and good opportunity to show his worth.

56-14
29th June 2016, 08:53 PM
& goes to Collingwood? That'd be yet another reason for me to hate the Pies!

When Barry jumped ship years ago, he initially went to Carlton, then Collingwood.
Chip off the old block?

Mug Punter
29th June 2016, 10:36 PM
I think Towers for Daniel McStay of Brisbane would be a good swap and beneficial to all parties.

Towers could have a breakout run from now on and hold his spot through the finals although he hasn't shown the ability to string more than 1 or 2 good games together. 3 important games coming up and good opportunity to show his worth.

I like Towers but I think that Brisbane would be a really good destination for him. I'd think we'd probably need to offer something else even if it was just a swap of our second rounder for their third rounder or throwing in our third round pick which we probably won't use this year but which they may use for academy points

goswannies
29th June 2016, 11:46 PM
When Barry jumped ship years ago, he initially went to Carlton, then Collingwood.
Chip off the old block?

I think you'll find Barry joined Collingwood from the Swans in 1993, and then the following year went to Carlton

Ludwig
29th June 2016, 11:54 PM
I like Towers but I think that Brisbane would be a really good destination for him. I'd think we'd probably need to offer something else even if it was just a swap of our second rounder for their third rounder or throwing in our third round pick which we probably won't use this year but which they may use for academy points I see McStay a bit like Towers, not in how they play, but how they've both performed below expectations. Towers was a pick 22 and McStay a pick 25 in the following year. Brisbane have added some good KPP prospects in recent years and will get tall utility academy player Jacob Allison, rated a 1st round prospect, this draft. McStay is not an automatic pick for a fairly weak Brisbane team. I was hoping that he could improve with our superior development program and is probably a good positional swap for both parties. Just speculation, but something that I would be looking at if I were the Swans list manager.

ScottH
30th June 2016, 01:57 PM
I don't like the idea of having McStay and McVeigh in the same team.

goswannies
30th June 2016, 02:58 PM

You want McVeigh to McWay for McStay?

ScottH
30th June 2016, 03:14 PM

:)

barry
30th June 2016, 03:21 PM

McYes

jono2707
30th June 2016, 03:28 PM

Do we make a play for Jack Macrae?

stevoswan
9th July 2016, 06:05 PM
I see Gary looks like he's going nowhere.......this today on afl.com.au: Speedster Rohan quick to rubbish talk of leaving Swans - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-09/speedster-gary-rohan-quick-to-rubbish-talk-of-leaving-swans)

Mug Punter
9th July 2016, 08:30 PM
I see Gary looks like he's going nowhere.......this today on afl.com.au: Speedster Rohan quick to rubbish talk of leaving Swans - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-09/speedster-gary-rohan-quick-to-rubbish-talk-of-leaving-swans)

I'd be very surprised if he was to leave and I doubt we'd get an offer to good to refuse, it would be an opportunistic move by the Cats and I couldn't see us getting more than a second rounder.

stevoswan
9th July 2016, 08:44 PM
Yes, happily it now seems a moot point. :five:

Markus26
9th July 2016, 08:52 PM
I love Gaz in our forward line. He hasn't really slowed down after that horrific break and usually has good impact with his pressure and leading. A bit of an excitement machine when he is healthy. Extend his contract please.

RogueSwan
1st August 2016, 09:13 PM
His last two weeks have been really good. He is providing a great second target up forward and the mids seem to know that they can put it into space in front of him and he will burn most defenders. Add that to his defensive pressure and he has been great. Now he just needs to get to the ball and contest more often.

Crusty
2nd August 2016, 04:32 PM
Of course Rohan's going to the cats:

Barry Stoneham,
Neville Bruns,
Cameron Ling,
Tim McGrath,
Robert Neal,
Joel Selwood (a bit)

Fanta pants all

YvonneH
4th August 2016, 09:16 AM
Saw a clip on Fox Sports (I think) with Gary saying how much notice he was taking of Patrick Dangerfield being so happy after returning home to Geelong. He said he was contracted until the end of 2017and was very happy in Sydney, but didn't rule out the possibility of returning home at some stage. Hope we have him for a few years yet.