PDA

View Full Version : Jetts dropped again

AnnieH
15th July 2016, 05:26 PM
Third time this season.

Eagles recruit chopped for the third time this year - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-15/eagles-recruit-chopped-for-the-third-time-this-year)

I still think he should have stayed.
Poor Jetts.

ugg
15th July 2016, 05:31 PM
Annie, you make it sound like he was let go by the club. Jetta wanted to go back to Perth.

AnnieH
15th July 2016, 06:03 PM
I spoke to him about it... his father wanted him to go back to Perth for family reasons.
If he wasn't such a family man, he would have stayed.
Personally, I would have loved it if he'd said to his dad (like I suggested), look, I'll be home in three years and then I'll have all the time in the world for the extended family.

Mug Punter
15th July 2016, 09:59 PM
It's disappointing for him though to be fair I think we did OK out of that trade and I don't find myself feeling we miss him terribly on the field. But I wish him all the best and I'll never forget him at Subi last year.

Heading home is usually spoken of as a good thing but family in an indigenous family can (and I don't wish to generalise here because clearly I don't know Jetta's circumstance) mean having endless family members bludging off you and wanting something. It's their culture of sharing all they have but as a successful, glamourous and wealthy young family member he may have a time of it....