PDA

View Full Version : Dawson MRP

undy
1st August 2016, 05:14 PM
3 weeks

Meg
1st August 2016, 05:57 PM
Good. And actually four weeks down to three with early plea. Dawson has not amended his ways despite previous sanctions - which takes this action past forgivable carelessness.

I note that the MRP statement refers to the medical report from the Swans in assessing the incident as careless conduct with high impact to the head. As someone here has already pointed out, Lloyd exhibited the 'fencing' arm action typical of concussion when he first rolled on to his back. I hope he does not play this coming week - he is far too young to be risking his future brain health.

bloodspirit
1st August 2016, 06:18 PM
Is suspension a punishment or a reward in this Fremantle "the preseason can't come soon enough" Dockers team?

Meg
1st August 2016, 06:42 PM
Is suspension a punishment or a reward in this Fremantle "the preseason can't come soon enough" Dockers team?

Good point. Perhaps Dawson's penalty should be amended to include 15 hours per week cleaning toilets at Perth sports venues during his suspension period.

ScottH
1st August 2016, 07:50 PM
He's a dirty dog!!

Nico
1st August 2016, 09:14 PM
Agree Scott. He has no regard for fellow players. Jockeys are paranoid about injury to their peers. Dawson deserves to be railroaded from the game. Every game he does the ear massage, deliberately.

ScottH
1st August 2016, 09:25 PM
Agree Scott. He has no regard for fellow players. Jockeys are paranoid about injury to their peers. Dawson deserves to be railroaded from the game. Every game he does the ear massage, deliberately.

It was in stark contrast to the one a few minutes earlier, where Rohan checked on the Docker to make sure he was OK, after a fierce and fair tackle.
He just lined him up. Probably wouldn't have been as bad if the handball had found it's target.

longmile
1st August 2016, 09:25 PM
Probably a bit harsh on this occasion but the bloke's an absolute turkey so no sympathy from me

Industrial Fan
1st August 2016, 09:26 PM
Not sure the penalty fits the crime but he certainly has priors that have been let go before so balances out I guess

RogueSwan
1st August 2016, 09:28 PM
... I hope he does not play this coming week - he is far too young to be risking his future brain health.

I hope he doesn't play this week, but only if the Dr's say he isn't fit to play, otherwise let him play the Power.
I mentioned this it the MDT thread, how good was it to see Rohan concerned about the Docker he cleaned up just moments before Dawson's attack of Lloyd? :adore

KTigers
1st August 2016, 10:32 PM
In our house we have wondered for many years how on earth Zac Dawson continues to have an AFL career. What, precisely, does
he actually do on the field? Besides a few ungamely punches and some crude tackles. I think I saw him take one kick yesterday, a season high no doubt. He is a 150 game player FFS. He followed Ross Lyon over to Freo from St Kilda. Maybe he has some incriminating photos of Ross and wanted to remind him.

The Big Cat
1st August 2016, 10:40 PM
I think in his three Grand Finals combined he had a total of 8 possessions. I could have done that!

KTigers
1st August 2016, 10:54 PM
I had the exact same thought Big Cat, and I stopped playing very mediocre footy a considerable time ago. In our house we have a category of "footballer" called Useless Tall People. Dawson is the benchmark for this category.

Sandrevan
2nd August 2016, 01:56 PM

I think you're spot on.

Zacs thought process

"If I whack a guy with deliberate, head high contact i'll get 3 weeks break and be back for Pavs last ever game. I'm sick of playing in a loosing team - and I really need a holiday. Bring on Thailand for my end of season trip"

KTigers
2nd August 2016, 03:29 PM
Except Zac won't make it as far as Thailand as the plane will have to be diverted mid flight because he and his boofhead mates will get drunk and start fighting with each other. Since being delisted by Hawthorn in 2008, he has missed three premierships with them and has played in another four grand finals with the Saints and Freo for no wins.