PDA

View Full Version : last word

EMJ
9th March 2003, 04:30 PM
Sun Herald today - column last word heading Swan song blue
Anyone read it. Very disappointed to read the items content and hope what I read is all crap. Hope the team and its certain players are not up themselves as I feel they don't have a right to question coaching! What do others think?

SWANSBEST
9th March 2003, 04:56 PM
What did the article say?

Mike_B
9th March 2003, 07:00 PM
IIRC it was something along the lines of a few players being unhappy with Roosy and his methods and that the money the club payed Wallace would have been better spent in actually getting his signature.

IMHO it seems a bit questionable altogether, especially since the club has come out and said they never paid Wallace a cent for reneging on an agreement. So if this snippet was truthful, the club has lied, but I will give the club the benefit of the doubt, especially considering 'The Last Word' is a bit of a rumour mill.

SWANSBEST
9th March 2003, 07:38 PM
London Swan would have enjoyed this thread!

If the story is true then it would be a complete turnaround from the sentiments expressed by the players at the end of last season. From my obsevations in various sports it is difficult to keep all parties happy all the time , particularly , when the team or individual is not winning or improving. There is always someone who knows better than the coach. If the marority of players are happy most of the time then there should not be any long term problems.
In regard to Wallace a few of the Bulldog players have been critical recently of his methods .

jude_boltons_babe
10th March 2003, 01:20 PM
id just like to say the article is complete bull**** the guys like paul roos heaps and same with paul liking them you never belive what you read in the last word because its a total lot of bull****

penga
10th March 2003, 01:23 PM
can somebody please link the article? i couldnt find it

Bas
10th March 2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by penga
can somebody please link the article? i couldnt find it

It was on the inside of the back page so there won't be a specific reference to it and you won't find it on the net (like Puchlines fron Sunday Herald Sun).

If you look further into the paper you find a story about Saturdays game and Jason Ball saying how much he is enjoying it under Roos. Today's SMH has an article about how much Goodes has blossomed under Roos and Adam says it's been his best season ever.

Sure there may be a senior player or two that is not happy (if it's true) but there are lots of youngers ones that are. Probably another leak from the boot cleaner. The Ball article went on to say how everything is falling into place under Roo's guidance. Hardly disgruntled to me.

Rugby League season starts next weekend, it's RL paper.

EMJ
10th March 2003, 02:01 PM
Thanks to you all for your responses - I felt it was BS and was pleased to read the opinion of you all.

SWANSBEST
10th March 2003, 03:52 PM
Article in SMH today referred to by Bas

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/09/1047144876225.html#top[/URL]

motorace_182
10th March 2003, 05:41 PM
Danny Wiedler just needed something to fill his weekly column. How often do you actually find that its correct, at best once a fortnight. He is a League writer and does this column as a bit of a sports/gossip to try to get a few extra buyers to get the Herald for his column. Some of his stuff is pretty kool and a good read but there are some obvious bits that he has simply pulled out of nowhere while crossing his fingers. So dont trust much of it.

liz
10th March 2003, 08:57 PM
Even if there is even a modicum of truth to it, it has to be something that has happened since the end of last season. The players couldn't have been more open in their support of Roos at the end of last season, both in the media and in their chanting of his name at the end of the Richmond game.

Sounds like complete trouble-making to me (the article, that is).

penga
10th March 2003, 10:51 PM
if anyone could be bothered, could they please type this article up and post it on here??? please???

motorace_182
11th March 2003, 03:58 PM
SWAN SONG BLUE
Swans rumblings are beginning. A couple of leading players are starting to question the technique of rookie coach Paul Roos. They wished that the money being forked out to Terry Wallace was actually spent on him coaching there, instead of as a pay-off for an ill-thought-out decision.

Not much of an article but obviously crap.

penga
11th March 2003, 06:49 PM
thats a crock of shi.te

Reggi
11th March 2003, 08:32 PM
I don't know if you were Paul Roos what would you do?

Given that he wants another contract and that any really likely success is at least 2 years away, you would probably decide that all players over 25 cor so were "gone" unless they prove otherwise.

It would be the sensible thing to do.

In that case there would be some players who would feel and in fact would actually be "on the outer".

It is about time some of our players were under the pump you get a feeling some of them don't work as hard as those at other clubs.

If they don't have the hunger get rid of them.