PDA

View Full Version : Swans finish 6th in membership tally

bloodsbigot
25th August 2016, 02:17 PM
Just thought I'd post this separately as I think its quite the achievement to finish above teams like Port, Adelaide and Freo given their strong membership base.

Only 1000 short of getting into 5th place above Essendon.

I can only imagine how much the membership will grow if we win a flag this year.

barry
25th August 2016, 02:20 PM
Id say wed be 2nd on membership revenue.

bloodsbigot
25th August 2016, 02:24 PM
Id say wed be 2nd on membership revenue.

Would West Coast be first?

AnnieH
25th August 2016, 03:08 PM
More people bought swans memberships than GWS memberships.
Mmmmmmmmmm.

Bladey Blood
25th August 2016, 05:30 PM
Is this a fair comparison? Do all clubs offer similar membership packages?

I ask, because Swans membership must surely be exaggerated by people with multiple memberships.

I bought 2 x 3 match memberships for me & Mrs Bladey Blood before the move away from ANZ was announced- since then I've bought another 4 memberships; the two of us account for 6 of the Swans 56,523.

Are we unusual, or do you think Swans' figures are skewed?

Maltopia
25th August 2016, 05:43 PM

I ask, because Swans membership must surely be exaggerated by people with multiple memberships.

I bought 2 x 3 match memberships for me & Mrs Bladey Blood before the move away from ANZ was announced- since then I've bought another 4 memberships; the two of us account for 6 of the Swans 56,523.

Two mates of mine used to buy three memberships for their club. Two for their seats, and a third to place their backpacks so they didn't have to jam them underneath their legs. They would have been counted as 3 members.

stevoswan
25th August 2016, 07:00 PM
Are these numbers only 'full' memberships or do they also include part season m/ships? I ask because awhile ago I read somewhere that Hawthorn 'inflate' their membership numbers by including smaller/part membership deals. :hmmmm2: Or do all clubs count these?

barry
25th August 2016, 07:07 PM

Why would you do this ?

- - - Updated - - -

Are these numbers only 'full' memberships or do they also include part season m/ships? I ask because awhile ago I read somewhere that Hawthorn 'inflate' their membership numbers by including smaller/part membership deals. :hmmmm2: Or do all clubs count these?

I think it includes them. Which is fair enough as they sell 2 or 3 game memberships to tassie folk.

But that's why membership revenue is the better figure.

bloodsbigot
25th August 2016, 07:08 PM

Draw your own conclusions. Seems to be full memberships to me.

Hawthorn without question fudge their figures.

These are 2015 figures though.

bloodsbigot
25th August 2016, 07:49 PM
Seems Essendon also fudge their figures with their 3 game membership.

I think our revenue generated by memberships is rather strong, which indicates we have less 3 game memberships than people think.

barry
25th August 2016, 07:53 PM
At a guess that puts us at around $17m revenue for 2016. 3rd or 4th

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Bladey Blood
26th August 2016, 10:47 AM
Why would you do this ?

I didn't expect to be able to attend 9 matches at the start of the season.

Having attended 3, and knowing I'd be able to get to at least another 3, I rang Swans membership and was told my best option was to buy another 3 game membership. Did I misunderstand, Barry, or was I misinformed?

barry
26th August 2016, 10:54 AM
I didn't expect to be able to attend 9 matches at the start of the season.

Having attended 3, and knowing I'd be able to get to at least another 3, I rang Swans membership and was told my best option was to buy another 3 game membership. Did I misunderstand, Barry, or was I misinformed?

Oh I see. I thought you brought multiple full-season memberships.

Jewels
26th August 2016, 11:31 AM
Why would you do this ?

Oh I see. I thought you brought multiple full-season memberships.

I have four full season memberships including premiership club, but my daughter and I are the only ones that attend every game.
I decided to continue on with my other children's memberships from when they were kids because now as adults, due to work or boyfriends, the younger two don't come to games that often, but I keep the memberships going so I can take friends whenever I want and I kept the Premiership Club option for all so I have four available GF guarantees.
I've never had a week when all my entitled entries haven't been used.

Doctor
26th August 2016, 11:55 AM
They have boyfriends that don't want to come to the footy??!!

Jewels
26th August 2016, 12:01 PM
They have boyfriends that don't want to come to the footy??!!

I know, weird right?? The oldest one has a footy mad BF, shame he's a bomber man.....

barry
26th August 2016, 01:23 PM
I have four full season memberships including premiership club, but my daughter and I are the only ones that attend every game.
I decided to continue on with my other children's memberships from when they were kids because now as adults, due to work or boyfriends, the younger two don't come to games that often, but I keep the memberships going so I can take friends whenever I want and I kept the Premiership Club option for all so I have four available GF guarantees.
I've never had a week when all my entitled entries haven't been used.

Fair enough. But at risk of another "real fan" debate, how to you reconcile the 2 extra's getting GF tickets above other more passionate Swans fans ?

Jewels
26th August 2016, 05:51 PM
Fair enough. But at risk of another "real fan" debate, how to you reconcile the 2 extra's getting GF tickets above other more passionate Swans fans ?

No debate, that's a reasonable question.
Just because they don't get to attend many H & A games, they are still passionate fans and hope to come to the GF.
If they can't, I will offer them up on this forum.

stevoswan
26th August 2016, 07:37 PM
Just read the 'Swans soar to new heights' article (afl.com.au) re: club membership, and noticed the total number of club members of all the AFL clubs was now 875,197. At that rate, by about 2020, around 1 in 25 people in the country will be an AFL club member! Wow, impressive! It got me thinking of how NRL memberships compare, so I checked......as of July this year, 295,781 club members in total. Wow.......awkward:rolleyes:, but not surprising.;)