PDA

View Full Version : Collingwood For A Day.

dejavoodoo44
28th August 2016, 09:32 AM
Since we're all going to be Collingwood supporters for the day, I thought that I'd supply a choice of Collingwood supporters for each of us to be.

1: "Peter Allen, Liberace, Gary Glitter: I love them all".

2: "When I grow up, I want to be a bicycle rack".

3: "Alcohol free for 28 seconds".

4: "Yeah, well, when I finish getting me ink done, I'm gonna be Prime Minister: just like Eddie"

5: "Bloody lazy missus hasn't done the washing for a month, so it's not my fault that I have to wear the daughter's Miss Collingwood stuff to the G".

Hotpotato
28th August 2016, 09:50 AM
This is very pleasing research ...
I'm going out today with tattoo sleeves and leggings singing Good old whatever ... Forever ....
Most non finalists have played like busteds , the Dee's couldn't raise a sweat in their sauna for Roosey ...

Sandridge
28th August 2016, 09:53 AM
Can't believe I'm saying it but - just for today - go Pies!

aguy
28th August 2016, 10:18 AM
Good old Collingwood forever
They know how to play the game

RogueSwan
28th August 2016, 11:16 AM
Haven't we all preferred the Pies over the poos and wees for the last few years anyway?
Jesse White to kick six, 24 disposals, 10 marks and 11 tackles.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Industrial Fan
28th August 2016, 11:27 AM
Haven't we all preferred the Pies over the poos and wees for the last few years anyway?
Jesse White to kick six, 24 disposals, 10 marks and 11 tackles.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalkis he up for a new contract?

Bloods05
28th August 2016, 11:42 AM
Good old Collingwood forever
They know how to play the game

Hear the Collingwood supporters
Whingeing left and right
For the premiership's a cakewalk
For the good old red and white!

aardvark
28th August 2016, 11:50 AM
Latest news Eddie says Pies starting mad Monday a day early by giving Hawks a forfeit. "Why would we do anything to help the Swans over our good friends the Hawks?" said Eddie today.

stellation
28th August 2016, 11:56 AM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Collingwood/Images/131021_jessewhite300.jpg
Once again we get to debate- be he hero or be he villain?

dejavoodoo44
28th August 2016, 11:58 AM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Collingwood/Images/131021_jessewhite300.jpg
Once again we get to debate- be he hero or be he villain?
Contract's up for renewal: hero.

stellation
28th August 2016, 12:21 PM
Contract's up for renewal: hero.
Haha! :D He's been relatively adequate again magically out of nowhere, who'd have thunk it?

Zlatorog
28th August 2016, 12:41 PM
What's Collingwood motivation to win over Hawks?

gossipcom
28th August 2016, 12:50 PM

Sending off Swan in style?

Sandridge
28th August 2016, 12:55 PM

To severely mess up another team's Premiership aspirations, although that didn't seem to make any difference to Melbourne and Richmond.

annew
28th August 2016, 12:57 PM
What's Collingwood motivation to win over Hawks? Assisting in making it difficult for Hawks to win four premierships in a row thus Collingwood owning that record as Collingwood the only team to have four consecutive premierships

Zlatorog
28th August 2016, 01:03 PM
Sending off Swan in style?
Didn't have any effect on Melbourne players to send off Roosy in style.

ScottH
28th August 2016, 01:42 PM

They don't want Hawthorn to match there 4-peat record.

EDIT:
Whoops, annew beat me to it.
What she said!!!

stellation
28th August 2016, 02:04 PM
Actually- just taking a quick look into ol' Jesse only performing in a contract year, he's been surprisingly consistent over the last 4 years (I took the Adelaide indignation over a suggested trade as the starting point, so 1 year Swans/3 years Pies) and kicked 20 or more goals every season. At a quick squiz it looks like the list below are the only folks who've done that.

Joshua Kennedy
Lance Franklin
Tom Lynch
Jack Riewoldt
Tom Hawkins
Jack Gunston
Eddie Betts
Jeremy Cameron
Luke Breust
Chad Wingard
Josh Jenkins
Drew Petrie
Lindsay Thomas
Nick Riewoldt
Jack Darling
Mark Lecras
Matthew Pavlich
Jarrad Waite
Justin Westhoff
Tyrone Vickery
Jesse White

bloodsbigot
28th August 2016, 03:12 PM
Go pies!

barry
28th August 2016, 03:15 PM
Cant wait to see pies 2017 forward line of jesse white and vickery in combo.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Blue Sun
28th August 2016, 04:09 PM
Go Pies! So sick of the Hawks, Mitchell and Hodge make my stomach turn. Genuinely dirty players.

dejavoodoo44
28th August 2016, 04:22 PM
McEvoy out for the Hawks.

Blue Sun
28th August 2016, 04:27 PM
#freekickhawthorn

Hotpotato
28th August 2016, 04:43 PM
BT : Razor goes through a whistle a week .
I enjoyed that.

stevoswan
28th August 2016, 04:44 PM
As this is a rather current thread, I thought it was a good place to go 'off topic' and mention the 'liked by all' Nick Riewoldt, who is turning back the clock at the moment in his last game as captain with 9 goals, 21 marks and 200 fantasy points!! What a player!! A champion......

stevoswan
28th August 2016, 04:58 PM
Hello!!! Pies looking good early.:clap: Did I really just do that?:tongue:

dejavoodoo44
28th August 2016, 05:32 PM
Hello!!! Pies looking good early.:clap: Did I really just do that?:tongue:

Still looking good at halftime. Would probably be further in front, if the Hawthorn revival hadn't been started by a soft 50 metre penalty. Pies player done for running in from behind to stand the mark. How many times a game do the Mustard on Turd do that without penalty?

undy
28th August 2016, 06:29 PM
Jessie keeps them in it

RogueSwan
28th August 2016, 06:30 PM
Another goal to White. Why did we ever let him go?

Meg
28th August 2016, 06:33 PM
I think Hawks will win but it was fun seeing some panic in Clarkson's eyes just now!

Blue Sun
28th August 2016, 06:34 PM
And here are the umpires, right on cue. #freekickhawthorn, Hodge can do no wrong.

EDIT: and just missed a clear throw in the Collingwood goal square. What a joke. Favouritism running rampant.

undy
28th August 2016, 06:50 PM
Sheez its exciting being a pies fan

gossipcom
28th August 2016, 06:51 PM
The way this is going it's going to be a draw which will still get Hawks in Top Four.

ETA: Spoke too soon Hawks back in front by 1.

stevoswan
28th August 2016, 06:52 PM
But still they hang in there! Go Pies..Edit: I spoke too soon as well!

Untamed Snark
28th August 2016, 06:53 PM
Imagine if it was a draw.

troyjones2525
28th August 2016, 06:54 PM
Bring on GWS!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Untamed Snark
Imagine if it was a draw.

Scratch that.
Dawks win by one point

Meg
Buggeration!

stevoswan
Oh well......the umps walk off satisfied......again. :rolleyes:

undy
28th August 2016, 06:56 PM
And here are the umpires, right on cue. #freekickhawthorn, Hodge can do no wrong.

EDIT: and just missed a clear throw in the Collingwood goal square. What a joke. Favouritism running rampant.
The play earlier on where he jumped on the back of a prone pies player, sliding the length of his spine got #freekickhawthorn then the victim was held on the mark by a Hawks player as Hodge took off. Ugly stuff.

Blue Sun
28th August 2016, 06:57 PM
The umps have done it again. Have you ever seen a luckier team?

Bloods05
28th August 2016, 07:01 PM
Oh well......the umps walk off satisfied......again. :rolleyes:
I thought the Pies got a pretty good run actually.

royboy42
28th August 2016, 07:02 PM

But then , Collingwood did get done heart breakingly by a point.

So the day wasn't all bad!

Bring on the Giants.

mcs
28th August 2016, 07:12 PM

How Hawthorn get away with the constant dropping of the ball, in particular in the defence, is astounding. Lets hope they've used up all their luck during the regular season and it finally runs out come Grand Final time.

Gee I hope Geelong beat them in 2 weeks time. Not because I fancy them potentially in a prelim (although I'd love us to be the team to finish them off!), but I just couldn't stand another grand final against the wees and poos.

Doctor
28th August 2016, 07:15 PM
How Hawthorn get away with the constant dropping of the ball, in particular in the defence, is astounding. Lets hope they've used up all their luck during the regular season and it finally runs out come Grand Final time.

Gee I hope Geelong beat them in 2 weeks time. Not because I fancy them potentially in a prelim (although I'd love us to be the team to finish them off!), but I just couldn't stand another grand final against the wees and poos.

This. I think the umps were generally pretty good, and the Pies were gifted one late on, but the disposal of the Hawks is so frustrating. So many drops and throws.

swannymum
28th August 2016, 07:20 PM
OK, as you were. Doesn't seem normal to be barracking for the pies ????

dejavoodoo44
28th August 2016, 07:34 PM
OK, as you were. Doesn't seem normal to be barracking for the pies ????

Yes, I know: just hope that none of us got a tatt at halftime.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, missing the obvious throw by Whitecross was a big turning point.

liz
28th August 2016, 07:46 PM
On the evidence of that performance, the Hawks are going to get pumped by Geelong in the QF. Collingwood were gallant and had a couple of sensational players but at least half their team was inexperienced battlers. The Hawks just fell over the line against them. Hawthorn still has a handful of players who can lift at the critical moments but I don't think they have enough of them anymore, not enough to cover for the bottom end of the teams they are putting out on the paddock at the moment.

mcs
28th August 2016, 07:50 PM
On the evidence of that performance, the Hawks are going to get pumped by Geelong in the QF. Collingwood were gallant and had a couple of sensational players but at least half their team was inexperienced battlers. The Hawks just fell over the line against them. Hawthorn still has a handful of players who can lift at the critical moments but I don't think they have enough of them anymore, not enough to cover for the bottom end of the teams they are putting out on the paddock at the moment.

I hope you are right Liz - I have a similar view on their form this year, but how many close ones have they managed to fall over the line in. They just keep doing it, and it'll still take an almighty effort to put the stake through their heart in the finals series.

stevoswan
28th August 2016, 09:42 PM
I hope you are right Liz - I have a similar view on their form this year, but how many close ones have they managed to fall over the line in. They just keep doing it, and it'll still take an almighty effort to put the stake through their heart in the finals series.

Well, with them having the luxury of 21 men on the field at all times.........yes, you make a good point!;)

lwjoyner
29th August 2016, 09:12 AM
agree umps have different interpretations one for hawks one for others. Dropping the ball incorrect disposals. late hits alla hodge on treloar.

KTigers
29th August 2016, 09:29 AM
Post of the year !

[QUOTE=dejavoodoo44;706218]Yes, I know: just hope that none of us got a tatt at halftime.

Doctor
29th August 2016, 10:21 AM
Yes, I know: just hope that none of us got a tatt at halftime.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, missing the obvious throw by Whitecross was a big turning point.

Agreed. That was a clear thrown, even by Hawthorn standards.