PDA

View Full Version : The Manager's Corner Round 2 of the SAFL Div 1 and Div 2 Season

the manager
16th April 2004, 04:13 PM
Hi and welcome to The Manager?s Corner and Round 2 of the inaugural SAFL Div 1 and Div 2 season.

We enter the new season under a new name (Sydney Australian Football League) and the competition has been split into 3 divisions. I will be reporting on SAFL Div 1 & 2 during the new season and I hope you enjoy these reports which will be named as The Manager?s Corner (my nickname on RedandWhiteonline.com).

The season started 2 weeks ago and I went to see a game out at Benson?s Lane between one of last year?s battling clubs v last season?s runners up. The game was between Norwest Jets and UNSW-ES.

In the first Quarter, Norwest came out and dominated play, kicking the first 3 goals to take an 18 point lead into the 20 minute mark of the first quarter. UNSW-ES answered with the next scoring shot which was a point but minutes later they kicked 2 goals in a row to reduce the margin to 5 points nearing the first change. Norwest then answered in rapid fire with the next 1 goal 2 behinds to lead by a comfortable 13 point lead at the first change.

? Time: Norwest Jets 4.2=26 UNSW-ES 2.1=13

Margin at First Change: 13 points to Norwest Jets

In the second term, Norwest again came out strongly and again peppered the goals kicking away for a 4 goal to 2 goal quarter to extend their lead to 24 points.

? Time: Norwest Jets 8.2=50 UNSW-ES 4.2=26

Margin at the main break: 24 points to Norwest Jets

The third term was much the same as the second term with Norwest Jets kicking clear of UNSW-ES by kicking 5 goals to 3 goals, extending further their half time lead to 37 points at the last change.

? time: Norwest Jets 13.6=84 UNSW-ES 7.5=47

The last quarter was a mere formality as the Jets raced away to a well deserved 46 point win.

Final Score: Norwest Jets 17.9=111 def UNSW-ES 9.11=65

Now to this weekend?s round of footy

Penrith v Southern Sharks

Penrith to win

Parramatta v Wollongong

Parramatta to win

Sydney Uni v Norwest Jets

Norwest Jets to win in upset

UNSW-ES v Macquarie Uni

UNSW-ES to win

UTS v South West Sydney

UTS to win

desredandwhite
19th April 2004, 11:05 PM
Nice report Ben!

Did you want to get set up on the main article submission system so that your articles can go on the main RWO site?

the manager
20th April 2004, 10:39 AM
ok

How do i do that