PDA

View Full Version : Member recognition event

Mel
8th August 2017, 05:25 PM
Has anybody been to one recently? This is my 20th year so just wondering what happens these days. At the 14 year one they had some ex players have a chat and a bit of a mingle and that was about it. Is it likely to be the same this weekend?

poundpuppy
8th August 2017, 06:36 PM
My 20th was last year and we got a pie and a bottle of water. A guy playing the piano was the pre-chat entertainment and Sam Reid and LRT were the players interviewed ...

AnnieH
9th August 2017, 10:50 AM
Has anybody been to one recently? This is my 20th year so just wondering what happens these days. At the 14 year one they had some ex players have a chat and a bit of a mingle and that was about it. Is it likely to be the same this weekend?

That's pretty much it.

iigrover
9th August 2017, 12:17 PM
Can you bring a guest to this event? Otherwise it seems a bit weird that I can go in and the person I go to the footy with has to stand outside and wait.

Mel
9th August 2017, 12:35 PM
My parents had to ask permission to bring my niece and nephew as since they're 6 and 9, they can't be 20 year members. The rest of us are all invited so we can't exactly leave them outside. Give the club a call. They gave my dad a bit of a hard time about it though, so I don't think you'll have much luck.

AnnieH
10th August 2017, 02:02 PM
My parents had to ask permission to bring my niece and nephew as since they're 6 and 9, they can't be 20 year members. The rest of us are all invited so we can't exactly leave them outside. Give the club a call. They gave my dad a bit of a hard time about it though, so I don't think you'll have much luck.

My experience is just don't tell the club.
Rock up with the kids... they won't turn them away.

gumby_bolts
11th August 2017, 01:19 PM
Mel, did you receive the email about the change of venue to the captain's bar in Allianz stadium? I'm at 20 year mark and bringing my 8 yr old son. I put him in the RSVP and didn't get any push back.