PDA

View Full Version : Bye Henry Playfair

goswannies
22nd September 2017, 04:52 PM
Congrats on landing a job with the Saints (we've been a healthy recruiting ground for them) & thanks for your service over the years - on & off the field ... a lovely guy

ugg
22nd September 2017, 05:40 PM
He's done a fantastic job with the defence the past 2 years. Best wishes to him at the Saints.

dimelb
22nd September 2017, 05:57 PM
Hear, hear!

Ludwig
22nd September 2017, 06:54 PM
Now signing McVeigh for another year all makes sense. We'll just get Macca a pair of platform shoes and no one will know the difference.

Blood Fever
22nd September 2017, 08:01 PM
Now signing McVeigh for another year all makes sense. We'll just get Macca a pair of platform shoes and no one will know the difference.

Come to think of it, they are eerily alike!

S.S. Bleeder
22nd September 2017, 09:42 PM
Nothing against Playfair, but I'm hoping that bringing in a breath of fresh air might be good for our coaching squad. We need to inject some new blood because I see this as a weakness for us,

Markwebbos
22nd September 2017, 10:12 PM
We injected Brett Kirk not that long ago. Can't really see how Macca will be a breath of fresh air? Bring on Stevie J

Boddo
22nd September 2017, 10:30 PM
Replaced by Johnson

S.S. Bleeder
22nd September 2017, 10:44 PM
Replaced by Johnson

Not for the same position surely? Playfair was the backs coach. That's why someone like Hodge would be ideal. I believe that Dew is still in the running for GC so there could be another spot available?

Boddo
22nd September 2017, 10:54 PM
Not for the same position surely? Playfair was the backs coach. That's why someone like Hodge would be ideal. I believe that Dew is still in the running for GC so there could be another spot available?

Hodge has said he'll spend a year in commentary. Most clubs shuffle their coaching staff around so they don't spend to long in the same role. I don't think Dew will get the gig at GC. Barker would be the front runner ATM I'd say