PDA

View Full Version : Swans chat Vote for Mark and Jarryd

YvonneH
4th November 2017, 08:23 AM
Has everyone voted for Mark and Jarryd as the best sporting moment in 2017?

stevoswan
5th November 2017, 11:36 PM
Here; Inspiring Swans recognised on world stage. - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2017-11-03/vote-for-mark-and-jarryd) .......and I have!:smile:

dimelb
6th November 2017, 10:58 PM
Yes, I voted. It's a great story.

Thunder Shaker
6th November 2017, 11:16 PM
Has everyone voted for Mark and Jarryd as the best sporting moment in 2017?
From the thread title, I was wondering what the McVeigh brothers had done recently to merit a vote.

stevoswan
6th November 2017, 11:18 PM
From the thread title, I was wondering what the McVeigh brothers had done recently to merit a vote.

Me too!:tongue:

YvonneH
13th November 2017, 07:25 AM

Me too and I started the thread

Go Swannies
28th November 2017, 04:50 PM
I just got another reminder from the Swans. Apparently the boys are in 2nd place with two days to go so let's get them to Monaco:

Our young boys � Mark and Jarryd - are in 2nd place in the Laureus Awards for Best Sporting Moment of the Year and we really want to get these special kids to Monaco. With only 3 days left to go in the count, If you haven�t already voted please use the link below to do so. It�s really simple and will mean the world to these boys. <o:p class=""></o:p>

It would also be wonderful if you could forward this on to your contacts or use your social media to get the message out there. Just forward the below link.<o:p class=""></o:p>

VOTING LINK>> Laureus Best Sporting Moment (http://bit.ly/2hdYHNb)<o:p class=""></o:p>

The boys are in second spot .. we need to get them to Monaco!

India'sDad
28th November 2017, 06:24 PM
Done here

Untamed Snark
28th November 2017, 06:27 PM
Voted again.
1.2% separating the boys from the lead.

ScottH
29th November 2017, 09:54 AM
0.1% behind now.

tasswan
29th November 2017, 10:00 AM
And now they are in front :D

stevoswan
29th November 2017, 05:23 PM
And now they are in front :D

Brilliant!!! :five: :clap:

YvonneH
29th November 2017, 08:03 PM
Any news as to how the boys went?

YvonneH
30th November 2017, 07:07 AM
Any news as to how the boys went?

My mistake. I thought there was 2 hours something left. Instead there was 2 days something, so nothing final yet.

YvonneH
2nd December 2017, 08:27 AM
If you can believe the voting link the boys won easily, but if you go to the Laureus website it says Barcelona U12's won the best sporting moment.

stevoswan
2nd December 2017, 02:46 PM
If you can believe the voting link the boys won easily, but if you go to the Laureus website it says Barcelona U12's won the best sporting moment.

Even though it says 2017, I think they were last years awards. I'm guessing the awards night for this year will be held early next year and will be called the 2018 winners. Weird certainly, but if you look at some of the other '2017' awards, some are from the Rio Olympics and also there's Leicester City (EPL) and Nico Rosberg (F1), which all happened in 2016 of course.:smile: I can't find a link to a full list of this years nominee's anywhere but they're still to decide Decembers nominee's, so the final list hasn't been completed anyway. Go Jarryd and Mark!!

Vonsteinman
2nd December 2017, 03:19 PM
I�m not completely across how this works but I�m reasonably certain the boys fell short of the November nomination.

But it�s hard to contest the fact that the winner was worthy...

�Chapecoense's incredible comeback from adversity is officially nominated for the Laureus Best Sporting Moment of the Year Award!

#PraSempreChape ????????�

Meg
6th December 2017, 10:48 PM
I see from Swans website that it is confirmed that Jarryd and Mark finished as runners-up, 8% behind the Brazilian football team Chapecoense which has come back after it was torn apart by a plane crash. Still a heartwarming outcome for our boys and not far behind extremely worthy winners.