PDA

View Full Version : Whatta Day!

Schneidergirl
18th April 2004, 08:44 PM
What a truly wonderful day... the sun was shining, the birds were singing and the Swans won! Couldn't have asked for a better day!

Just got home from Canberra and wanted to say how proud I am to be a Swans supporter!

Saddo was absolutely, no doubt about it, on song today! He had some fantastic marks.

I'm just so happy! :D

Can't wait to watch the replay!

PS. Bron was that you on ABC radio a while ago? :)

Louellyn
18th April 2004, 08:54 PM
Was a fantastic day! I love Manuka Oval! And how was Scheider's goal late in the 4th qtr? If only all the games could be played there! Did you peek into the warm down rooms? Just bustled in and planted camera onto glass and pressed GO! Got some stonker shots :D :D

Ahhhhh, the joys of Manuka Oval :p

Schneidergirl
18th April 2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Louellyn
Was a fantastic day! I love Manuka Oval! And how was Scheider's goal late in the 4th qtr? If only all the games could be played there! Did you peek into the warm down rooms? Just bustled in and planted camera onto glass and pressed GO! Got some stonker shots :D :D

Manuka is a nice ground... though not the same atmosphere as the SCG.

I'll admit I had a small peak into the warm down rooms, but just feel like a dirty perve doing it.

Schneider although he missed a couple of goals and did a few clangers... he is just always putting so much effort in. I've said it before and I'll say it again his 1%ers are terrific. Always hard after the ball.:)

JF_Bay22_SCG
18th April 2004, 11:19 PM
Am just off the Cheer Squad bus. Am hopelessly tired after 5 hours sleep and a day of constant singing in suprisingly hot sun. But was rewarded with an epic performance from a team who I genuinely consider to be serious title contenders.

Manuka has no atmosphere at all. A country ground, with all the country setbacks-dust flying everywhere, huige queues for drink and food. When North kicked goals there were the odd claps as if you were at the Ovens and Murray League Grand final. It seriously needs a multi-million $$$ upgrade, especially on the outer side. But if North play matches against us there, and continue to have 70-80% of the crowd supporting their opponent, that is fine and dandy by me. They must be totally humilated by that, even if those supporters in red and white WERE helping out the Roos kitty I guess.

But completely opposite to the situation at the SCG, the chanting in the Cheer Squad was TOP NOTCH all day. And due to a furry microphone thing, transmitted al across Australia. :D Filled with people from the coach and others who float around the Cheer Squad, we sang vocally all day. With Peter H up the back helping out, the 70-80% Swans majority in the crowd certainly got pretty loud, with the locals watching us with a curious fascination. (I swear, there were more people in ACT Brumbies shirts than North stuff around the ground!)

It was great to FINALLY have the players come to thank us our support as well. It is very overdue.

JF

PS:_ Llewelyn, feel free to drop in with the Cheer Squad whenever you like. We need local swans supporters to help us out as well when we are at Manuka.

Schneidergirl
19th April 2004, 10:15 AM
Yes JF... the Cheer Squad were GREAT yesterday! I was sitting a couple of bays over, and NO ONE was getting into the cheering around us... we tried though.
We had a Eddiewood supporter near us shouting out stupid childish comments to Hall. Everytime a Kanga got their hands on the ball (in the first 15mins I might add) he shouted out "Oh the skill!!!" hmmm.