PDA

View Full Version : Robertson cited on video

Bart
19th April 2004, 02:26 PM
11:53:22 AM Mon 19 April, 2004
Paul Gough
Sportal
Melbourne could be without its reigning club champion Russell Robertson for Saturday night?s trip to Sydney after he was booked on video evidence for striking on Monday morning.

Robertson will have to face the tribunal on Tuesday night on a charge of striking Port?s Josh Carr with the incident occurring after the half-time siren during the Demons? 53-point win over the Power at the MCG on Saturday.

The citing of Robertson comes at a bad time for the Demons, who have built up some impressive momentum since their first round loss to Hawthorn with three successive wins.

But they face a Sydney side this week that has also won three of its first four games and could hardly have been more impressive in thrashing the Kangaroos by 51 points in Canberra on Sunday.

Robertson will be one of three players to front the AFL tribunal on Tuesday night at this stage, with the AFL video review still continuing.

Fremantle skipper Peter Bell was reported during Sunday?s game against Collingwood for charging Shane O?Bree, while Kangaroos? veteran Anthony Stevens will answer a charge of striking Sydney?s Adam Goodes.

ScottH
19th April 2004, 02:32 PM
No surprise there!!

It will be a shame if Robertson goes. I t would be good to flog them at full strength.

;)

Go Swannies
19th April 2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by hemsleys
No surprise there!!

It will be a shame if Robertson goes. I t would be good to flog them at full strength.

;)

Funny that's exactly what was said on a Kangaroos site last week about Magic and Nick. Weakened- or mortally wounded - opponents are alright by me.

stellation
19th April 2004, 03:21 PM
I was watching that game and was shocked at just how blatant the hit by Robertson was. I would be suprised if he plays against us.

Bart
19th April 2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by stellation
I was watching that game and was shocked at just how blatant the hit by Robertson was. I would be suprised if he plays against us.

can't predict which way the tribunal will go these days

hardluck_harry
19th April 2004, 03:37 PM
He just walked up and elbowed Carr in the face, so I reckon he'll get two weeks or one if he plea's guilty.

stellation
19th April 2004, 05:02 PM
They would have to show a bit of consistency though. The intent is as bad as Steven Baker's hit on Kane Johnson that earnt Baker 4 weeks. Did Robertson hit him 1/4,2/4,3/4 or 4/4 as hard?

Bart
19th April 2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by stellation
They would have to show a bit of consistency though. The intent is as bad as Steven Baker's hit on Kane Johnson that earnt Baker 4 weeks. Did Robertson hit him 1/4,2/4,3/4 or 4/4 as hard?

could say the same as Stevens yesterday. The ball was already 20 metres away. went straight after Goodes. intent was same.

NMWBloods
20th April 2004, 01:53 PM
I saw Robertson's hit last night and I think he'll get about 3 weeks, and I think Stevens will get 2 weeks.

CureTheSane
20th April 2004, 03:42 PM
1 - 3 for Robertson for mine, depending on how persuasive he is and the 'evidence' they present.

Either way, who cares?
One is all we need, let's hope for that :)

ugg
20th April 2004, 07:35 PM
Robertson found guilty, they're now deciding on the severity of the suspension.

ugg
20th April 2004, 07:38 PM
Gone for 1