PDA

View Full Version : Paul Bevan - Round 4 Rising Star

Bart
20th April 2004, 01:23 PM
just heard on the radio. still awaiting confirmation on afl.com

Foreign Legion
20th April 2004, 01:27 PM
Yes Bart I think you heard correctly - I heard the same thing and it is posted on Bigfooty.com as well.

Congratulations to Paul - great result for someone Roosy said yesterday morning was a 'very hard worker'. He has got a bit of skill as well!

Go Swannies
20th April 2004, 01:34 PM
That's exciting but he deserves it for his playing this season.

Is that our first since LRT last year?

Still, a slow start to this season! Last year Schneiderman got Brownlow points in his first seniors game.

NMWBloods
20th April 2004, 01:45 PM
Excellent - Bevan had an outstanding game - 19 poss, 1 goal and 5 clearances.

Dave
20th April 2004, 01:48 PM
He was getting a huge wrap from the commentators (Dermie et al) on Sunday. Good on you son!

liz
20th April 2004, 02:19 PM
Great reward for an exciting start to his career.

Now McVeigh, your turn next...

For all the hype about top round draft picks, the rookies are killin' them at the moment with RS nominations - Davey, then Firrito (who was a Roos rookie promoted last season) and now Bevo!

pillowtalk
20th April 2004, 02:21 PM
Great news, the kid deserves it. I can't believe the amount of courage he has and he's certainly not afraid to have a go and get amongst it. Well done to Bevo !

Bleed Red Blood
20th April 2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by lizz
Great reward for an exciting start to his career.

Now McVeigh, your turn next...

For all the hype about top round draft picks, the rookies are killin' them at the moment with RS nominations - Davey, then Firrito (who was a Roos rookie promoted last season) and now Bevo!

Yeah and after that we can include Rogers and Dempster that is if they can break into the team.

Captain
20th April 2004, 02:23 PM
Well done to the kid.

He is an absolute talent and is an extra addition to our team. Let's hope his great form keeps up.

BAM_BAM
20th April 2004, 02:27 PM
well done Pauly. It was only a matter of time given the ability he's shown so far. He stood out a bit last year in the ressies, but I never dreamt he'd do this good so quickly.

Rod_
20th April 2004, 02:50 PM
IMO

He should have had been nominated twice by now.... I thought that he had played good footy over the past few weeks and could have been nominated in previous weeks.

Well done - keep the form up - keep your spot!

Rod_

ugg
20th April 2004, 03:08 PM
Our last 3 nominees have all been from NSW - Schneider, LRT and now Bevan

Bevan is National's Round Four AFL Rising Star
1:25:47 PM Tue 20 April, 2004
The 19-year-old debuted for Sydney in round one after impressing selectors during the preseason. In the Swans? 51-point win against the Kangaroos in Canberra last weekend Paul collected seven kicks, 12 handpasses and scored a goal. It was another strong performance after gathering 12 possessions against the Brisbane Lions and 10 against the Dockers.

The great-nephew of rugby league legend Brian Bevan (who played for Eastern Suburbs and British club Warrington), Paul played his junior football in metropolitan Sydney for the Western Suburbs Football Club and was recruited from the NSW/ACT RAMS. Paul was added to Sydney?s rookie list in 2003 and played an entire season for the Swans reserves in the Canberra League.

Paul joins round one nominee Aaron Davey as a nominated rookie eligible to win the National?s AFL Rising Star. Both players are able to stay on senior lists regardless of injuries or delistings, as Melbourne and Sydney have senior lists of 38 players with no veterans.

dawson
20th April 2004, 03:59 PM
The club finally invests in local talent and look what happens....

To get nominated this early in the season is even more impressive - for him to shine like he already has to date only is a fantastic sign of things to come

Barry Schneider
20th April 2004, 04:22 PM
Good on him.He is becoming the new Schneiderman.Adam is almost old hat now.:D

sharp9
20th April 2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood
Yeah and after that we can include Rogers and Dempster that is if they can break into the team. I think you might mean Rogers and McGlone...Dempster was never on the rookie list, he was a father son selection IIRC.

sharp9
20th April 2004, 04:47 PM
Little artcle is up now

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=aflfocus&spg=display&articleid=144156

Nice to see that they have noted his consistency...ie he is not nominated for a couple of fancy possessions a lucky snap for goal!

Charlie
20th April 2004, 04:51 PM
Well done Bevany!

Bleed Red Blood
20th April 2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by sharp9
I think you might mean Rogers and McGlone...Dempster was never on the rookie list, he was a father son selection IIRC.

I meant rising star awards not nominated rookies.

20th April 2004, 06:17 PM
The selectors must have read RWO and see my post :D :D :D :D . Great efforts, Bevan. Might you win the RS award for the year too.

In previous years, those who were nominated earlier have better chances of winning the RS award.

Mike_B
20th April 2004, 06:48 PM
Onya Bevo - well-deserved recognition of a great start to the season.

Reggi
20th April 2004, 07:04 PM
Fantastic, well deserved.

Surprised that he has the nomination given that he doesn't play for a Vic based club.

In the TV interview he seemed very under-whelmed, maybe that is a very good thing that he does not put much stock in individual honours

ScottH
20th April 2004, 07:48 PM
WOOT!!!

gossipcom
20th April 2004, 09:25 PM
I had been MIA from the net for the day and heard it on WLF on Footy Channel about 5 mins ago and did a big woohoo :)

Dpw
20th April 2004, 10:39 PM
Well done Bevan, all the best for the rest of the season.

Bron
21st April 2004, 10:50 PM
Congratulations Paul! And well deserved. Looking forward to a great season from you and the boys.

(Folks, post here and I'll send Paul the thread, please stay on topic)

dimelb
21st April 2004, 11:42 PM
Reward for solid consistent effort - a VERY useful player.

Tooth Fairy
22nd April 2004, 11:16 AM
Well done Bevo! Thoroughly deserved. The guts you show on the footy field is certainly reaping rewards for not only yourself, but the TEAM. Keep it stiff.