PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Rules Radio

Troy G
11th March 2003, 11:02 AM
SYDNEY RULES GETS LIVE AND DEADLY!!!

"Sydney Rules", the community radio program, has moved to a new home to be part of 93.7FM Koori Radio Sport.

2LND "Live and Deadly" Koori Radio is the newest community radio station to hit Sydney airwaves!

There's plenty of exciting things that our new Marrickville home will bring for the "Sydney Rules" program.

"Koori Radio Sport" will be on air Saturday mornings from 9am-12pm with "Sydney Rules" for the final hour from 11am.
(This means those of you that could pick up the show before, but were in bed most times when we we're on, now have no excuse!)

Koori Radio Sport / Sydney Rules will be heard city wide (and probably further) by the end of May this year!
(This means those of you that were out of bed, but couldn't pick us up, now have no excuse!)

93.7FM Koori Radio is currently on air fulltime but programmers are still conducting test broadcasts and fine tuning their programs, while the station can only be heard in the inner city until June.

I'm keen for the show to act as an instrument for change to a degree to further push and promote indigenous involvement in all areas of Australian Rules in Sydney.

The AFL has achieved much and can be proud of it's history regarding it's indigenous player development and I'm very excited by the obvious involvement the show may have in working with the AFL and the Swans in promoting events like the Swans' Annual Marn Grook Game!

I also look forward to working closely with the NSW/ACT AFL promoting AFL in general.

Encouraging more aboriginal player involvement in the Sydney AFL will be one of the themes for the show with aboriginal numbers in the local competition currently being alarmingly low.
We'll try to interview indigenous people playing or playing a role in AFL in Sydney as much as we can ( as well as all others) and keep you informed of their progress.

Like the AFL itself 93.7FM "Sydney Rules" will be jam packed, fast and furious!

We'll try to have a senior Sydney Swan player interview each week, results and discussion, Swans News and AFL News!

With the Swans Reserves playing in the Canberra competition we'll keep you informed on how they are going too!

The Sydney AFL will still feature and we'll have at least one player interview each week along with discussion on the weekend's games.

So each area will be covered, the AFL, Sydney Swans, Swans Reserves and Sydney AFL !.

Tune in to SYDNEY RULES on 93.7FM Saturday's at 11am part of Koori Radio Sport from March 15th and I welcome your support, ideas and feedback.