PDA

View Full Version : Team List Rnd 17 - vs Bulldogs at SCG, 7:50 PM, Friday 8 July 2022

Maltopia
2nd July 2022, 05:50 PM
Abysmal effort vs the Bombers and the Bulldogs will overtake us on the ladder if they win.

Poor vs the Bombers:

Fox, Gulden, Papley, Florent, Lloyd, Rowbottom, Rampe, Mills, McDonald, Campbell, Blakey, Stephens.

Bring back Clarke for Campbell, and Cunningham if fit for Fox. Almartey for Reid.

Season is on the line here.

longmile
2nd July 2022, 08:58 PM
Bit harsh on Mills. Personally I thought Hickey had a shocker and got an absolute bath by Draper, but I didn't see many people complaining about him on the match day thread, so could've just been me.

McDonald needs a rest but unfortunately it sounds like Amartey may of injured himself.

I'd like to see Cunningham, Clarke, Ronke and Amartey get a run. But doubt we'd see all four

Who I don’t want to see: Bell, McLean.

Blood Fever
2nd July 2022, 09:30 PM
Bit harsh on Mills. Personally I thought Hickey had a shocker and got an absolute bath by Draper, but I didn't see many people complaining about him on the match day thread, so could've just been me.

McDonald needs a rest but unfortunately it sounds like Amartey may of injured himself.

I'd like to see Cunningham, Clarke, Ronke and Amartey get a run. But doubt we'd see all four

Who I don’t want to see: Bell, McLean.

Stephens was ok but his game lacks power. Not sure if he stays in. Campbell seeems nervous. Needs to be played as a midfielder except his role is taken by Gulden who is already among our top players.

i'm-uninformed2
2nd July 2022, 09:47 PM
Out of interest, I’m down for work later this week and this is gonna be my first game since the final round of 2019 when the big four said farewell and Bud had his 300th. I’ve since given up my SCG membership given where I live these days, so all seating recommendations welcomed.

Agent 86
3rd July 2022, 12:14 AM
Abysmal effort vs the Bombers and the Bulldogs will overtake us on the ladder if they win.

Poor vs the Bombers:

Fox, Gulden, Papley, Florent, Lloyd, Rowbottom, Rampe, Mills, McDonald, Campbell, Blakey, Stephens.

Bring back Clarke for Campbell, and Cunningham if fit for Fox. Almartey for Reid.

Was Mills poor? I thought he was given a more defensive role when they started pantsing us. Errol, Blakey were okay. RB gets pushed out of contests too easily to be a effective midfielder (imho) - but also thought the bombers got away with a lot of holding (including on RB). Fox was not much chop, nor was Ollie - both disappointing after proving me wrong last week.

Had Papley kicked straight, he’d be the hero right now, but I fear he’s got the yips (again). He wasn’t terrible, but far from great.

With our mids spluttering along I can’t see how we’ll negate the doggies whose centre setup looks more solid than ours. Gonna be a tough few weeks for us, so maybe Clarke is not a bad idea.

aardvark
3rd July 2022, 02:14 AM
Ins. Anyone who can manage to concentrate for four full quarters and kick straight.

TheBloods
3rd July 2022, 02:15 AM
Play the kids , Roberts, Gus , Bell

Kafka's Ghost
3rd July 2022, 04:54 PM
Out of interest, I’m down for work later this week and this is gonna be my first game since the final round of 2019 when the big four said farewell and Bud had his 300th. I’ve since given up my SCG membership given where I live these days, so all seating recommendations welcomed.

Try to avoid the Brewongle. The noise is excruciating from the speakers up there.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ludwig
3rd July 2022, 06:11 PM
Play the kids , Roberts, Gus , BellIf only Roberts could give Stephens some of his footy brain and Stephens could give Roberts some of his speed, we would have 2 great players. Roberts will be very good, but needs to work on his speed and agility in the off-season. Bell gets a lot of the ball and I like his physicality, but wastes the ball too much, even at VFL level.

Agree on Gus. I think he's ready to go if his fitness it up to scratch. We can also add Gould and Amartey to the kids list and ready to play AFL. Saying that, I don't think any of these changes will happen.

Cunningham will surely come in this week, after showing he's way too good for the VFL, and given how poorly our defence went on Saturday.

MattW
3rd July 2022, 06:21 PM
This will be my first scg game since pre-pandemic times. I was keen to be cheering for a win to push us into the top 4; I'm sure by Friday a top 8 survival game will fire me up.

Still very flat after yesterday. Such a wasted opportunity. I think there's almost nothing worse than losing because of @@@@ goalkicking.

A number of senior players were down. Somehow we seem unable to learn the lesson of complacency this year.

Cunningham needs to come in and Campbell will go out. I would like to see a spot for Clarke, but unsure for whom.

i'm-uninformed2
3rd July 2022, 08:51 PM
Try to avoid the Brewongle. The noise is excruciating from the speakers up there.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I like music and I like it loud.

Give me some Otis Redding, Johnny Cash, Beck, Stevie Wonder, White Stripes, Talking Heads, Ted Hawkins, good drunk singalongs that lend themselves to bad dance moves, and on and on turned up to full blast 11, and I’m a pig in poo.

So I guess it’ll come down to the set list.

TheBloods
4th July 2022, 12:15 AM
I like music and I like it loud.

Give me some Otis Redding, Johnny Cash, Beck, Stevie Wonder, White Stripes, Talking Heads, Ted Hawkins, good drunk singalongs that lend themselves to bad dance moves, and on and on turned up to full blast 11, and I’m a pig in poo.

So I guess it’ll come down to the set list.

Ted hawkins ? Christ

Roadrunner
4th July 2022, 11:13 AM

I know you want to play Bell in midfield but somehow he just can’t make the jump from VFL level. But if he does get another game, I’d rather he plays there than HF where he is next to useless. Gus and Clarke in, Roberts not ready yet, and Harry back. Not sure who to leave out at this stage as you could drop the whole forward line for their terrible kicking on goal. Hard to explain really. The Fairypups will be fired up after their loss and we will have to make the most of our chances if we are to win. We gave the Bombers confidence with our misses and they capitalised and won the momentum. It will be a mammoth task this week as we will need to beat the umps as well.😊

TheBloods
4th July 2022, 02:16 PM
I know you want to play Bell in midfield but somehow he just can’t make the jump from VFL level. But if he does get another game, I’d rather he plays there than HF where he is next to useless. Gus and Clarke in, Roberts not ready yet, and Harry back. Not sure who to leave out at this stage as you could drop the whole forward line for their terrible kicking on goal. Hard to explain really. The Fairypups will be fired up after their loss and we will have to make the most of our chances if we are to win. We gave the Bombers confidence with our misses and they capitalised and won the momentum. It will be a mammoth task this week as we will need to beat the umps as well.😊

Sick and tired of hearing Bell isnt up to the mids when hes not been played in there . Get him in , cant be worse than what we 've got

Ludwig
4th July 2022, 02:38 PM
Sick and tired of hearing Bell isnt up to the mids when hes not been played in there . Get him in , cant be worse than what we 've got Yes he can.

chalbilto
4th July 2022, 02:39 PM
Hey TB, no the VFL team is 4th, so keep him there where he stars, so that they can give the title a really good crack.

TheBloods
4th July 2022, 02:39 PM
Yes he can.

Rubbish

Ludwig
4th July 2022, 02:47 PM
Rubbish How do you suggest we improve our midfield by the inclusion of Bell?

stevoswan
4th July 2022, 03:38 PM

Really? You sure like a debate.....

stevoswan
4th July 2022, 03:42 PM
Yes he can.

+1 !!

Jimitron5000
4th July 2022, 03:50 PM
If Bell is good in the midfield in the reserves, why not give him a go in the midfield in the seniors?
Time for Will Gould.

i'm-uninformed2
4th July 2022, 06:03 PM
Ted hawkins ? Christ

Are you kidding me? Can you imagine if they substituted Sweet Caroline out for Who Got My Natural Comb at quarter time, the place would go right off!

The Big Cat
4th July 2022, 06:59 PM

They are playing the kids! So presumably you’d replace Stephens and Campbell with Gus and Roberts?

Two things about Bell. He’s neither a kid or an AFL footballer.

i'm-uninformed2
4th July 2022, 08:36 PM

So out of interest: we know who one player you'd push out is, and I'm not interested in inflaming the board by relitigating that.

Who are the other two?

TheBloods
4th July 2022, 11:54 PM
How do you suggest we improve our midfield by the inclusion of Bell?

Dont know if he will , thats the whole point . We dont know ! We do know who wont improve our midfield , check the team sheet for every game this yr thats got us into this mess

- - - Updated - - -

So out of interest: we know who one player you'd push out is, and I'm not interested in inflaming the board by relitigating that.

Who are the other two?

Florent Hayward , duds

Industrial Fan
5th July 2022, 12:22 AM
By the same logic we can’t be sure if I’ll improve our midfield unless I get a game. Sounds bulletproof to me.

I’m available Friday

chalbilto
5th July 2022, 12:44 AM
Dont know if he will , thats the whole point . We dont know ! We do know who wont improve our midfield , check the team sheet for every game this yr thats got us into this mess

- - - Updated - - -

Florent Hayward , duds

With all due respect I will try to be polite as possible, but I am glad that you are not part of the coaching staff or the selection panel for using your expression, I think you would be a dud.

5th July 2022, 09:17 AM
Some disappointing efforts against the Injectors but I doubt we'll see much change.

Harry racked them up in the ressies and is now fit so will obviously return, Campbell the most likely casualty.

We don't get enough out of Hayward but is there an obvious replacement?

Gould - we have to try him at some time or its pick 26 and three years down the gurgler. Seems to have a lot of attributes to succeed at senior level. Problem now is that we are in a dogfight for the bottom of the eight so when do we try him if we don't get a "suitable" injury in the seniors. I know that Crows will grab him for free if he doesn't get a game.

Bell is a good VFL footballer but the extra pressure and speed at senior level finds out his decison making and skills. This only goes up again in finals so Bell is not a contender for a senior game despite a lot of possessions at the weekend which lets face it were against a team half made up of toppies.

KTigers
5th July 2022, 09:51 AM
Yep. What did Longmire say the other day when talking about the send-off rule? Let's all just take a deep breath or something
to that effect. He has spent 11 seasons or whatever it is, not going nuts with the personnel changes after a poor game, and he's
unlikely to start now.

TheBloods
5th July 2022, 10:55 AM
Yep. What did Longmire say the other day when talking about the send-off rule? Let's all just take a deep breath or something
to that effect. He has spent 11 seasons or whatever it is, not going nuts with the personnel changes after a poor game, and he's
unlikely to start now.

A poor game ? Where were you after the Port adelaide game ? Or what about that quarter against the blues , ? Gold coast suns ? Didnt we have a poor game against the same side we play this week ? Same personnel minus a few . Nothing has changed except supporters willingness to accept rubbish from this team that is capable of better ! One step forward two steps back all the time but nothing to see here !

RogueSwan
5th July 2022, 10:56 AM
... We don't get enough out of Hayward but is there an obvious replacement? ...
He did top the tackle count, with Parker, on the weekend. The only fwd with 4 or more tackles. Buddy had 3 and Heeney, Papley and McDonald 2.
Is he playing the role the coaches want him to?

i'm-uninformed2
5th July 2022, 11:19 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Florent Hayward , duds

Mmmm. So I've been open with my frustration of Ollie's inconsistency, and Hayward could do more (though I think there are times he does a bucket of unrewarded work). But I'm not sure either are playing midfield right now. Will certainly not, and Ollie rarely of late.

TheBloods
5th July 2022, 11:46 AM
Mmmm. So I've been open with my frustration of Ollie's inconsistency, and Hayward could do more (though I think there are times he does a bucket of unrewarded work). But I'm not sure either are playing midfield right now. Will certainly not, and Ollie rarely of late.

Want to know why we keep losing ? We have too many who do nothing then after the game they 're excused with look how many tackles they had , the pressure they put on , how much work they do off the ball . Well why dont we try and find some who know how to do things WITH the ball ? Win it and use it well , its not rocket science FFS

RogueSwan
5th July 2022, 02:20 PM
Want to know why we keep losing ?... Because it is a team sport and no one wins everything?

... Well why dont we try and find some who know how to do things WITH the ball ? Win it and use it well , its not rocket science FFS and what does the rest of the team do when this one player has the ball? Just sit back and watch? No, they have to do those things "off the ball" that many coaches appear to rate.

Mark26
5th July 2022, 02:28 PM
Looks like English is back for Friday's game.

I don't think we'll swing too many changes but back in who we have to respond. My tips would be Ladhams and Cunningham in. McDonald and Campbell out.

If Ladhams is still out of favour, then Amartey. I wouldn't mind seeing Gould at some stage ...

TheBloods
5th July 2022, 02:39 PM
Because it is a team sport and no one wins everything?
and what does the rest of the team do when this one player has the ball? Just sit back and watch? No, they have to do those things "off the ball" that many coaches appear to rate.

One player ? Its lots of players . Need more than just 1 involved in a passage to get from ruck contest / kick in to goal . Cmon. You cant get a goal without players getting their hands on the ball in the first place . We are 15th in the comp for disposals . Not good enough

stevoswan
5th July 2022, 02:42 PM
Looks like English is back for Friday's game.

I don't think we'll swing too many changes but back in who we have to respond. My tips would be Ladhams and Cunningham in. McDonald and Campbell out.

If Ladhams is still out of favour, then Amartey. I wouldn't mind seeing Gould at some stage ...

I think we'd all like to see Gould at some stage soon....before he cracks the @@@@'s and heads back to SA.:hmmmm2:

H2F
5th July 2022, 03:20 PM
I think we'd all like to see Gould at some stage soon....before he cracks the @@@@'s and heads back to SA.:hmmmm2:

Gould must be pretty substandard not being able to break into this side

Nico
5th July 2022, 04:45 PM

He is pidgeon holed as a defender. Try him up forward?

Mark26
5th July 2022, 05:18 PM
He is pidgeon holed as a defender. Try him up forward?

Some take some time. Dawson took a while in the ressies didn't he? Not as long as Gould, but still. The most frustrated has to be Will himself.

5th July 2022, 06:00 PM

Walk up start at the Adelaide Cows.

They will be talking to Will and/or his manager on a regular basis, they confirmed it's what they did with Dawson, and I think what they do with most SA players interstate, just see how they are going and letting them know the door is open.

Will doesn't have a contract for 2023, Stephens does.

AB Swannie
5th July 2022, 06:38 PM
It bewilders me when fans think that selection should be based on appeasing young players in the 2s so that they don't leave the club. For someone to be appeased and given a go in the 1s, someone else has to be dropped to the 2s. It's a nil sum game. Just pick players who deserve it and who give us the best chance of winning. The only time I would go away from this selection policy is when we are no longer in the hunt for a top 8 position and it may be beneficial to give some young players a development opportunity while senior players manage niggles or go for surgery. We aren't there yet so pick the best team and beat the Bulldogs.

FWIW, I have been a bit of a critic of Wicks before. However, I do see some correlation between our best performances when he is in the team and playing well. Therefore, I'll put my hand up and admit that I've underrated the role of the pressure forward. Campbell needs time to develop as a future midfielder so I would drop him and play Wicks for the rest of the season.

The Big Cat
5th July 2022, 06:50 PM
Walk up start at the Adelaide Cows.

They will be talking to Will and/or his manager on a regular basis, they confirmed it's what they did with Dawson, and I think what they do with most SA players interstate, just see how they are going and letting them know the door is open.

Will doesn't have a contract for 2023, Stephens does.

I’ve never seen so much written about a reserves player who has never, in three years played an outstanding game that screams you’ll have to pick me. If Adelaide think he’s so good they would have offered him a contract at the end of last year before we gave him a crumb off the table.

TheBloods
5th July 2022, 07:04 PM

He is

Blood Fever
5th July 2022, 08:46 PM
It bewilders me when fans think that selection should be based on appeasing young players in the 2s so that they don't leave the club. For someone to be appeased and given a go in the 1s, someone else has to be dropped to the 2s. It's a nil sum game. Just pick players who deserve it and who give us the best chance of winning. The only time I would go away from this selection policy is when we are no longer in the hunt for a top 8 position and it may be beneficial to give some young players a development opportunity while senior players manage niggles or go for surgery. We aren't there yet so pick the best team and beat the Bulldogs.

FWIW, I have been a bit of a critic of Wicks before. However, I do see some correlation between our best performances when he is in the team and playing well. Therefore, I'll put my hand up and admit that I've underrated the role of the pressure forward. Campbell needs time to develop as a future midfielder so I would drop him and play Wicks for the rest of the season.

Agree with all of the above

waswan
6th July 2022, 10:43 PM
Last 2 weeks we laid more F50 tackles than anytime in the last 6 weeks. Wicks isnt the answer.

Accuracy cost us, plain and simple.
We kick straight and no one is talking about our Fwd Line.

An issue I do see is pressure at stoppages around the ground (not centre bounce) its like we gamble for a clearance win with no defensive structure. Essendon jogged and moved the ball out of clearances with numbers and ease

H2F
6th July 2022, 10:47 PM
Last 2 weeks we laid more F50 tackles than anytime in the last 6 weeks. Wicks isnt the answer.

Accuracy cost us, plain and simple.
We kick straight and no one is talking about our Fwd Line.

An issue I do see is pressure at stoppages around the ground (not centre bounce) its like we gamble for a clearance win with no defensive structure. Essendon jogged and moved the ball out of clearances with numbers and ease

We still let Essendon back into the game with 5 straight goals before we kicked ourselves out of it in the 3rd.

The Big Cat
7th July 2022, 12:03 AM
Comparing the last time we played the dogs, the difference between that team and the one that played last Saturday is

In: McLean, Cunningham, Ronke, Wicks, Amartey, Kennedy.

Didn’t play: McInerney, Papley, McDonald, Fox, Reid.

Surely the latter is a superior team.

wolftone57
7th July 2022, 09:08 AM

Poor vs the Bombers:

Amartey looked injured in the reserves. He probably will miss out even thoufmgh he deserves to be picked on form. I did not think Fox poor. Nor Florent. He was one of the few players thst was actually trying something, with no help from the maggots. That running too far was totally bull@@@@.

Poor were: Mcdonald, Campbell, Stephens (does not seem to be able to put 2 together), Reid, McInerney, Mills (13 disposals is simply not good enough), Hickey (was well beaten by Draper and only had 18 HO). Hickey being thrashed is why they got so many clearances. We still set up with a loose on the defensive side and allowing them the same. If you lose the rucks and their rucks are hitting to the spare man you get smashed in the clearances. Which is just what happened.

Then there was the lack of pressure from the forwards and mids. Thry got left behind because they were too far on the attacking side and when we turned the ball over we were all offside and they were able to get loose players everywhere. The overlap was infuriating to watch. The fact is we TURNED THE BALL OVER TOO Much. We panicked coming from defence and turned over. On our fast runs we handball Ed when we should have kicked and turned the ball over. We were our own worst enemy. This is against a bottom 4 team. If we do the same this week and our skills are down we will get flogged.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Roadrunner
7th July 2022, 10:21 AM
We still let Essendon back into the game with 5 straight goals before we kicked ourselves out of it in the 3rd.

Correct. We switched off mentally, and I put the blame on our senior players who should have slowed the game down after their 2 goals.

As for Wicks- just not good enough for the first team, same as Bell. Rather give a go to another kid as we’ve tried these two often enough. AFL level is elite- to challenge for top 4 you need every player with above average talent.
No use kidding ourselves in this regard- we’re not their yet.

Roadrunner
7th July 2022, 10:29 AM

He may have been ok in a couple of games but in others he was awful. Please forget him- we need to look elsewhere!

Agree the role can be useful, but we need players who can do it week in week out. This is the coaches’ job, surely.

SwanSand
7th July 2022, 11:20 AM
We struggle against teams who play one on one defence rather than zone defence - eg Suns, Dogs. Essendon did that efficiently last game. We were fraudulent with our positioning with most of our midfielders forward to their respective players especially in that last quarter.

I am hoping that the vision will be damning and this will get rectified this week. The issue would be our contested ball this week. The whole focus like against Melbourne should be winning the contest and the rest will take care.

Clarke may help if playing in midfield but I doubt that Horse will play him there. Will he shut down Calaeb daniels - doubt it. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Bell or Wicks back for this game.
Cunningham for Fox is certainty.
Campbell replaced by a pressure forward - ? Bell ( even though I hate him at AFL level)

liz
7th July 2022, 11:30 AM
Will he shut down Calaeb daniels - doubt it.

Daniels won't require shutting down this week.

Scottee
7th July 2022, 06:23 PM
Cunningham for Campbell surely.

Bay View
7th July 2022, 07:23 PM
In Amartey and Ladhams

- - - Updated - - -

Out Hickey and McDonald

rickmat
7th July 2022, 07:43 PM
No mention on what illness Hickey has?

Aprilbr
7th July 2022, 07:45 PM
No mention on what illness Hickey has?I have a suspicion that Hickey is still struggling with that toe injury based on watching his movement since returning.

Aprilbr
7th July 2022, 07:47 PM
English back for the Dogs. I have a horrible feeling he may dominate against us again without Hickey.

Ludwig
7th July 2022, 07:52 PM
Every game is just a tossup. Selection doesn't matter. Nothing matters. Totally unpredictable what might happen.

Mark26
7th July 2022, 08:10 PM
Every game is just a tossup. Selection doesn't matter. Nothing matters. Totally unpredictable what might happen.

+1

Personnel is not as important as attitude and commitment to every contest this week. Play like we did against the Dees and we'll be alright.

The Big Cat
7th July 2022, 08:13 PM
In Amartey and Ladhams

- - - Updated - - -

Out Hickey and McDonald

Cannot believe we’ve dropped a rising AFL star for a reserves player. Even on a quiet day he does more than Amartey.

Agent 86
7th July 2022, 10:35 PM

Fitness too?

TheBloods
7th July 2022, 11:31 PM
What a mess

Maltopia
8th July 2022, 02:17 AM
We are trying to get extra draft picks/points to trade for Dusty :/

KTigers
8th July 2022, 02:32 AM
Personnel is not as important as attitude and commitment to every contest this week.

That's it. As long as whoever is out there plays like their life depends on it.

gloveski
8th July 2022, 07:23 AM
I don’t mind Logan being dropped , with the reserves having the bye and our next game in Perth vs Freo it might be a chance for him to head home and freshen up . He’s tracking nicely for a 2nd year tall forward .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadrunner
8th July 2022, 08:59 AM
We are trying to get extra draft picks/points to trade for Dusty :/

Exactly. With Dusty next year and Buddy= premiership😊

i'm-uninformed2
8th July 2022, 09:25 AM
Logan looked tired the last week or so. It’s ok. He’s a second year KPF. Give him a week off and some strength work, he’ll be back.

neilfws
8th July 2022, 10:09 AM
Personnel is not as important as attitude and commitment to every contest this week. Play like we did against the Dees and we'll be alright.

I agree. And The Dees game was barely more than a month ago.

Players in that game but not the Bombers game: Amartey (3 disposals), Ladhams, O'Riordan (1 contested possession then subbed out), Ronke (4 disposals), Wicks.

Players in the Bombers game but not the Dees game: Campbell, Clarke (sub), Franklin, Hickey (perhaps injured), Stephens.

Some would argue the side vs the Bombers was stronger - yet they lost, to the 16th on the ladder. Funny old game.

waswan
8th July 2022, 11:14 AM
I don’t mind Logan being dropped , with the reserves having the bye and our next game in Perth vs Freo it might be a chance for him to head home and freshen up . He’s tracking nicely for a 2nd year tall forward .

Good Call

TheBloods
8th July 2022, 12:40 PM
I agree. And The Dees game was barely more than a month ago.

Players in that game but not the Bombers game: Amartey (3 disposals), Ladhams, O'Riordan (1 contested possession then subbed out), Ronke (4 disposals), Wicks.

Players in the Bombers game but not the Dees game: Campbell, Clarke (sub), Franklin, Hickey (perhaps injured), Stephens.

Some would argue the side vs the Bombers was stronger - yet they lost, to the 16th on the ladder. Funny old game.

We won that game cause of an unreal game by our defenders and some clutch efforts late in the 4th . Still had a lot of passengers , Not the sort of game we should be using as inspiration

Auntie.Gerald
8th July 2022, 12:41 PM
fairly pumped to watch this game............as well as feeling a little nervous

The Swans have amazed me at times this season winning from behind coming into the 4th quarter a few times............and with equal surprise loosing when i least expected it t happen like against the Bombers last week with so much to play for !

For me I always get a little edgey when playing Luke Beveridge's Bulldogs play our mighty Swans.

They ruined my best day powder skiing in Oz prior to walking into the pub at Perisher to watch the 2016 GF on the 1st of Oct ! rrrrrr

Are the highs and lows of being a footy fan :)

Markwebbos
8th July 2022, 01:19 PM
fairly pumped to watch this game............as well as feeling a little nervous

The Swans have amazed me at times this season winning from behind coming into the 4th quarter a few times............and with equal surprise loosing when i least expected it t happen like against the Bombers last week with so much to play for !

For me I always get a little edgey when playing Luke Beveridge's Bulldogs play our mighty Swans.

They ruined my best day powder skiing in Oz prior to walking into the pub at Perisher to watch the 2016 GF on the 1st of Oct ! rrrrrr

Are the highs and lows of being a footy fan :)

TBH That does make you sound like a Dees supporter! Presumably you threw away your bottle of Grange and upended your cheese platter in disgust? Witnessing the defeat at the MCG was worse than having a day's skiing ruined, hard to believe, I know!

KTigers
8th July 2022, 02:49 PM
TBH That does make you sound like a Dees supporter! Presumably you threw away your bottle of Grange and upended your cheese platter in disgust? Witnessing the defeat at the MCG was worse than having a day's skiing ruined, hard to believe, I know!

Man, I thought I had a few first world problems. AG had a rough day alright. Not sure I even know what "powder skiing" is.
Not looking forward to tonight at all. Dogs are going to cheat. Umps will get sucked in. We will make stupid mistakes on
the field. I will lose the plot, and be asked to stop swearing. It's going to be great.

longmile
8th July 2022, 02:56 PM
I @@@@ing hate the Bulldogs. That is all.

RogueSwan
8th July 2022, 03:42 PM
Man, I thought I had a few first world problems. AG had a rough day alright. Not sure I even know what "powder skiing" is.
Not looking forward to tonight at all. Dogs are going to cheat. Umps will get sucked in. We will make stupid mistakes on
the field. I will lose the plot, and be asked to stop swearing. It's going to be great.

The type of game where you would be happy for an already planned social engagement so you can either, ignore the game entirely, or happily watch us thump the Cheats on replay.

8th July 2022, 04:38 PM

i think i'm with you!

KTigers
8th July 2022, 04:40 PM
The type of game where you would be happy for an already planned social engagement so you can either, ignore the game entirely, or happily watch us thump the Cheats on replay.

Absolutely. A nice dinner out somewhere, deliberately forget to take my phone, pretend the game is not even happening. We should
be paid to go to the SCG tonight, not the other way around. Especially after last weeks debacle where we purposely chose an "easy"
game to watch for the timing of the trip to Melbourne.

neilfws
8th July 2022, 06:00 PM
Especially after last weeks debacle where we purposely chose an "easy" game to watch for the timing of the trip to Melbourne.

Same! Still enjoyed Melbourne though.

I'm taking a French visitor to their first game tonight so let's hope it's (a) not dreadful and (b) the right result.

i'm-uninformed2
8th July 2022, 06:08 PM
Supremely pumped to be back for my first live SCG game since the farewell to the big four of Reg, Smooch, Macca and Kieran Jack, and Buddy’s 300th.

Was running through a list of players I’ll be seeing live for the first time in their careers - there are nine, including P Mc and Ladhams, plus a batch of the young ones. I won’t know where to look.

May the umps be kind to us and let’s hope we take the game on and spank the cheats.

Oh, and how the hell did I live in such a cold city for so long. You people are freaks.

KTigers
8th July 2022, 06:21 PM
Same! Still enjoyed Melbourne though.

I'm taking a French visitor to their first game tonight so let's hope it's (a) not dreadful and (b) the right result.

France.... now there's a thought.... maybe I'll leave the country. No Covid test required there, I'll buy a ticket out at the airport
like the old days. There's a night flight with Qatar. Anything to avoid seeing those people in red, blue and white again and
dredging up those memories....

greeng
8th July 2022, 06:23 PM
No Hickey. That means plodding journeyman Ladhams and poor old Sam Reid forced into ruckman duty again. The Swans will be under enormous pressure in the midfield a season defining game.

greeng
8th July 2022, 06:29 PM
I hope you and your ami aren't treated to the same rubbish I watched at the SCG playing Snt KFC.

H2F
8th July 2022, 06:54 PM
Is this it for us in regards to making the 8 if we lose tonight?

Havent bothered with the maths and all

Meg
8th July 2022, 07:12 PM

And (c) your French visitor is not totally désorienté!

jono2707
8th July 2022, 07:38 PM
Supremely pumped to be back for my first live SCG game since the farewell to the big four of Reg, Smooch, Macca and Kieran Jack, and Buddy’s 300th.

Was running through a list of players I’ll be seeing live for the first time in their careers - there are nine, including P Mc and Ladhams, plus a batch of the young ones. I won’t know where to look.

May the umps be kind to us and let’s hope we take the game on and spank the cheats.

Oh, and how the hell did I live in such a cold city for so long. You people are freaks.

Here's hoping it's a good one!

In terms of who to watch - keep an eye on Dylan Stephens. Sure he's still learning the game and has some confidence issues, but geez he runs well for a young guy. Watching him move up and down the wing and cover a lot of space makes me think that it will all come together for him eventually.

I think it's only by seeing a young player like that live gives you an appreciation of their potential.

crackedactor 01
8th July 2022, 07:44 PM
They need to bring back some honour to the club tonight. They lose and its all over for 2022. It will be difficult as part of the AFL regulations the Bulldogs must get at least 12 extra free kicks before the outcome is legal.

Foreign Legion
8th July 2022, 07:57 PM
I will go with a stat of:

Swans 11

Bulldogs 19

Hopefully I am wrong

liz
8th July 2022, 08:01 PM

Swans 11

Bulldogs 19

Hopefully I am wrong

Is that goals or free kicks?

rickmat
8th July 2022, 08:10 PM
So Campbell is late out, Clarke back in and Cunningham Medi-sub, wow. I'd rather have brought Harry in

gloveski
8th July 2022, 08:26 PM
Hopefully for once we might win the free kick count against the muts . Maybe wishful thinking

Faunac8
8th July 2022, 08:29 PM
Had to turn off my phone last Saturday to fly to NZ at that stage we were about 4 goals up so was very happy to be wearing my Swans jumper and beanie in anticipation of a cold arrival in Christchurch.
While waiting to clear customs I was initially curious as to why the family behind me were singing the Bombers theme song and seeming very pleased with themselves.
It all became apparent when I turned my phone back on and checked out the final result. Seriously WTF had happened !!!
This was the first disappointment in what has become the week from hell.
I tested positive to Covid two days after arriving and the day before arriving in Queenstown for a twice delayed holiday which has lead to me spending the last five days in isolation looking out the window watching the fantastic mountain and lake views while the balance of my holiday slowly drains away.
Now to make it even worse I can’t even watch tonight’s game either on Foxtel go or the channel 7 app because of geoblocking. I have tried a VPN but Rupert’s mob has of course worked out a way to stop this being an option any more.
Looks like the ABC radio will be my saviour but any other online or digital listening suggestions from those in the know would be much appreciated.
Sorry for the thread hijack and I now to return to the thread and it’s purpose 😀
I must admit a couple of the selection changes surprised me but after much analysis and careful consideration and based on the result of round 17 last year we will win by the same margin of 19 points.

Faunac8
8th July 2022, 08:37 PM
Has Ryan been elevated to the team with a view to locking down one of the Bullflogs prime movers and if so who do we think he will go to ? Maybe he will give Jack Macrae a hard night at the office and try to limit his influence.

Malthouse has tipped us well that’s not good

Foreign Legion
8th July 2022, 08:54 PM
Is that goals or free kicks?

I will take free kicks rather than goals lol.

waswan
8th July 2022, 09:07 PM
I keep spewing thinking Jmac is COR

Faunac8
8th July 2022, 09:13 PM
Cannot believe we’ve dropped a rising AFL star for a reserves player. Even on a quiet day he does more than Amartey.

Joel might be out to prove you wrong tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Callum with 7 tackles already that is elite pressure on record breaking process

mcs
8th July 2022, 09:15 PM
Big hit from Rowbottom there.

Great start so far.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

Faunac8
8th July 2022, 09:29 PM
Midfield seem intent on making a statement tonight so far. Not watching but seems like a pretty comprehensive performance so far.
Hard to believe that Chad has only played 29 games he is possibly going to exceed TB’s expectations which while high seem very achievable based on his performance this season.
Will Dusty be happy playing second banana to him?

- - - Updated - - -

The record number of tackles in a game for AFL is 19 ( one of the joint holders being Jude Bolton)
Callum is a chance to beat that tonight.

Foreign Legion
8th July 2022, 09:31 PM
Wish we had kicked a bit straighter but thats a 9/10 quarter.

Warner is one of the best young players I have seen - any club.

Foreign Legion
8th July 2022, 09:36 PM
So frees 6 to 3 - 2 goals for the Bulldogs - Liz, what do you think?

Foreign Legion
8th July 2022, 09:50 PM
Maybe one of the umps can replace Ladhams - they doing well for the Dogs.

Faunac8
8th July 2022, 09:51 PM
Ladhams gone for the night with a broken thumb that’s a big out Sam and Joel will need to pick up the slack

crackedactor 01
8th July 2022, 10:05 PM
Very Lucky Swans. How do they go from playing like they did in the first quarter to the rubbish they showed in the 2nd quarter. How we are still 29 points in front is a miracle. Keep playing like that and we will lose the game.

Foreign Legion
8th July 2022, 10:12 PM
Going to be a hard 2nd half with Ladhams gone.

Reid and Amartey will have to fire up.

I wonder would they consider Blakey at the boundary throw ins?

Warner continues to impress me greatly.

Foreign Legion
8th July 2022, 11:34 PM

Swans 11

Bulldogs 19

Hopefully I am wrong

I was wrong. It was 13 to 19 - no wonder we flogged them.