PDA

View Full Version : Swans chat gocygnet

goswannies
24th August 2022, 12:07 AM
goswannette & I would like to welcome “gocygnet”, who arrived on 3 August (hopefully the image works - :( for some reason, the image isn’t imbedded in the post, it has to be clicked on … sorry)

She’s “watched” (on TV) every Reserves and Seniors match since her arrival (well, been in the room for them) & tries to dress for the occasion.

goswannette & gocygnet are doing well :love-struck:

And a heartfelt thanks to AnnieH & Danzar :love_heart:

Cheer cheer

Goal Sneak
24th August 2022, 12:26 AM
Congratulations goswannies! She looks like a future captain and will no doubt have plenty of footy smarts.

cherub
24th August 2022, 12:29 AM
Congratulations! Fabulous parenting already in evidence!

goswannies
24th August 2022, 12:33 AM
Congratulations goswannies! She looks like a future captain and will no doubt have plenty of footy smarts.
:clap: thank you kindly Goal Sneak - did you have to click on the link, or was it in text (I can’t tell looking on the site :grief:)

Congratulations! Fabulous parenting already in evidence!

The beautiful photo just came up. I didn't have to click on anything.

Thank you kindly cherub - unfortunately, many here in SA offer a somewhat differing opinion, but we’ll do our best. Luckily there is a strong SA Swans Supporter Group over here to help! (& glad the picture seems to work)

Awesome. Go well.
Thanks MattW

Congratulations goswannies and goswannette. Baby gocygnet looks to be a True Blood already. Cheer cheer!
Thanks Meg. We’re doing our best to raise her right!

Congratulations to the proud parents! Wishing yourselves lots of laughter and joy together!
Proud indeed! It’s been lovely thus far & a lifetime to look forward to. Thank you Giulio

cherub
24th August 2022, 12:35 AM
The beautiful photo just came up. I didn't have to click on anything.

MattW
24th August 2022, 12:39 AM
goswannette & I would like to welcome “gocygnet”, who arrived on 3 August (hopefully the image works - :( for some reason, the image isn’t imbedded in the post, it has to be clicked on … sorry)

She’s “watched” (on TV) every Reserves and Seniors match since her arrival (well, been in the room for them) & tries to dress for the occasion.

Awesome. Go well.

Meg
24th August 2022, 12:42 AM
Congratulations goswannies and goswannette. Baby gocygnet looks to be a True Blood already. Cheer cheer!

Giulio
24th August 2022, 01:02 AM
Congratulations to the proud parents! Wishing yourselves lots of laughter and joy together!

TheBloods
24th August 2022, 01:16 AM
Fantastic . Future captain of the aflw side i reckon !

Sandridge
24th August 2022, 07:41 AM
Congratulations goswannies ! gocygnet looks gorgeous in her Swannies gear!

dejavoodoo44
24th August 2022, 07:45 AM
Congratulations, she seems adorable. With her seemingly already developing an affinity for red and white, I'm wondering if there's any chance that she'll become a Crows supporter? I'm guessing that it will be less than 1%.

Roadrunner
24th August 2022, 08:33 AM
Congratulations, she seems adorable. With her seemingly already developing an affinity for red and white, I'm wondering if there's any chance that she'll become a Crows supporter? I'm guessing that it will be less than 1%.

Congrats- a beautiful daughter and new Swan! A lovely photo too!

Hotpotato
24th August 2022, 08:44 AM
Well done, she’s remarkable. When she’s 17 she will move to Sydney, play in the midfield, share a house with 4 other Swanettes at Glamarama, win the B&F in 2041 and 2042, attend all the Swans games and live happily ever after.

RogueSwan
24th August 2022, 08:57 AM
Congratulations to you both. Already bigger than Goodesy :smile:

Kafka's Ghost
24th August 2022, 09:46 AM
Congratulations to you all, godwannies. Have a great adventure together, full of magnificent Swans triumphs.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Blood Relative
24th August 2022, 10:31 AM
Congratulations buddy. She is perfect. Look forward to seeing her at SA supporter events.

mcs
24th August 2022, 10:43 AM
Congratulations GoSwannies - and A+ marks for you and goswanette for starting the critical Swans education very early :)

giant
24th August 2022, 11:17 AM
Outstanding!

goswannies
24th August 2022, 05:40 PM

Fantastic . Future captain of the aflw side i reckon !
We can only hope … though we would be happy for her just to be a devoted Swans fan

Congratulations goswannies ! gocygnet looks gorgeous in her Swannies gear!
Thank you Sandridge - looking forward to getting her lots more as the years pass :)

Thanks deja - we think she’s adorable … even when she’s upset, which isn’t often. Her affinity is a little parentally inflicted at the moment, but if I figure, if she doesn’t know better from birth, she’ll be ok with it. I hope it works!
1% chance of being a Crows supporter? :hmm that’d be the same 1% chance she’s sent to a boarding school in Sydney to ensure she is straightened out.

Congrats- a beautiful daughter and new Swan! A lovely photo too!
Aww thank you Roadrunner. As goswannette oft’ says “we are smitten”

Well done, she’s remarkable. When she’s 17 she will move to Sydney, play in the midfield, share a house with 4 other Swanettes at Glamarama, win the B&F in 2041 and 2042, attend all the Swans games and live happily ever after.
Love your crystal ball - hope you’re accurate ;)

Congratulations to you both. Already bigger than Goodesy :smile:
Thank you Rouge … Buddy will be flattered that you liken his plush to the great Adam Goodes ;)

Congratulations to you all, goswannies. Have a great adventure together, full of magnificent Swans triumphs.
To paraphrase Bilbo Baggins “We’re off on an adventure!” 3 seniors and 3 reserves wins since gocygnet’s debut!

Congratulations buddy. She is perfect. Look forward to seeing her at SA supporter events.
She’ll hopefully be there for the Christmas function this year! She looks forward to meeting her SA Swans family :)

Congratulations GoSwannies - and A+ marks for you and goswanette for starting the critical Swans education very early :)
Only a Swans supporter can understand and appreciate this!

Outstanding!
Thanks giant!

ugg
24th August 2022, 07:52 PM
Congrats !!

24th August 2022, 07:57 PM
Congratulations goswannies and goswannette. Excellent parenting already being displayed at the earliest stages, beautiful photo too.

I had two boys, both brought up correctly as avid Swans fans and avid Crows haters!

Go swans

Mel_C
24th August 2022, 08:12 PM
Congratulations goswannies and goswannette! She is gorgeous.

Mark26
24th August 2022, 09:20 PM

A huge congrats! Children are such a blessing. Donning the red and white is a great start.

KSAS
25th August 2022, 10:49 AM
I also want to pass on my congrats Goswannies. Great pic! First birth shared on RWO I can recall. More of it!

goswannies
25th August 2022, 11:50 AM

Congrats !!
Cheers ugg!!

Congratulations goswannies and goswannette. Excellent parenting already being displayed at the earliest stages, beautiful photo too.

I had two boys, both brought up correctly as avid Swans fans and avid Crows haters!

Go swans
Parenting is a fun, exciting but challenging. Any tips are welcome as she’s our first. The photos we’re getting better at though ;) much easier with a smart phone and you can take as many pictures as you want & choose the best ones, compared to the older days of a camera with film and you had one chance to get it right!

Will have to hit you up on how to keep her a Swan in Crow country (goswannette has already politely informed the Crows supporting grandparents that if they buy Crows stuff, it won’t be kept in our house :rolleyes: ). Pity my Swans supporting grandswannie lives in Cairns!

Hope to see you at the Christmas function

Awww thanks Mel … we adore her

A huge congrats! Children are such a blessing. Donning the red and white is a great start.
Cheers Mark26! gocygnet’s first red & white gear was a gift from a long-stay patient - little hand knitted red & white booties … about 5 years before gocygnet was born! (knitting apparently kept my patient entertained) gocygnet’s tiny pair matched pairs the patient knitted for myself and goswannette. We wore them watching last weeks game ;) cozy
… gocygnet wasn’t happy at the start of the final quarter!

I also want to pass on my congrats Goswannies. Great pic! First birth shared on RWO I can recall. More of it!
Thanks KSAS! I can’t wait to teach gocygnet about the rich South Melbourne history of the Club. I’ve got some old South gear that I had as a kid for when she’s big enough too. I’ve got Lorraine Wilson’s children’s books “Carn the Swans” that I’ve started reading to her. & thanks for the positive views on the pic - not always as well received in Crow country :rolleyes:. But that’s why I love RWO!

“First birth shared on RWO … More of it!” … if you mean have another baby, we’ll sort gocygnet first! If you mean more pictures, sure! If you mean other members first baby announcements - all for that!!! :rofl:

bloodspirit
25th August 2022, 12:38 PM
Gorgeous! Congratulations!!

chalbilto
25th August 2022, 06:28 PM
Congratulations. Beautiful baby👏👏👏

stevoswan
25th August 2022, 08:11 PM
Nice work. Congrats!

goswannies
29th August 2022, 07:55 PM
Congratulations. Beautiful baby👏👏👏

Thanks Chalbito. She was her moments, as all babies do, but we adore her.

Gorgeous! Congratulations!!

Thanks bloodspirit. I think all babies are (at least to their parents - makes all those periods of crying and sleepless nights bearable)

Nice work. Congrats!

Cheers stevo, hard work at times but a lot of fun! Worth every second

KSAS
30th August 2022, 09:25 AM
Thanks KSAS! I can’t wait to teach gocygnet about the rich South Melbourne history of the Club. I’ve got some old South gear that I had as a kid for when she’s big enough too. I’ve got Lorraine Wilson’s children’s books “Carn the Swans” that I’ve started reading to her. & thanks for the positive views on the pic - not always as well received in Crow country :rolleyes:. But that’s why I love RWO!

“First birth shared on RWO … More of it!” … if you mean have another baby, we’ll sort gocygnet first! If you mean more pictures, sure! If you mean other members first baby announcements - all for that!!! :rofl:
All the above! Warms this old South Melbourne boy's heart that you're indoctrinating South's history with gocygnet.

Jimitron5000
30th August 2022, 10:14 AM
Congratulations! I have no doubt she has chosen fine parents.

As for parenting tips...when changing her nappies, work from the side rather than at the business end.

Sandridge
3rd September 2022, 09:11 AM
I am soooo jealous of gocygnet!

She's just one month old and has seen the Bloods win a final!

I was 39 years old when I first experienced a Swans win in a final back in 1996.

gocygnet is obviously our good luck charm. Let's hope that by the time she's 2 months old, she'll have seen a Swans premiership!!

stellation
3rd September 2022, 10:30 AM
Gorgeous, congratulations! You have a wonderful road ahead of you- some of the greatest moments of my life have been associated with spending time around the Swans/footy in general with Stella junior, I hope you get to enjoy some of the same experiences.

I feel like it was yesterday that he was in a bouncinette staring confused at me as I waxed lyrical about Andrew Schauble's beautiful, long, looping good-as-a-kick handballs. Or being with him at a merch stand as he stood on tippy toes and, with great consideration, picked out which player badge he would get that week. Or sitting with him waiting for a plane home after the 2006 GF, and him offering a pearl of wisdom that whilst it hurt to lose it was "nice that the Eagles fans had a turn at being happy, because we got to be happy last year!". Or running out with him and his Auskick team when they got their turn to play at half time, and the sheer excitement he had in the lead up when he heard they got to wear the Swans kit that day. Or getting to stand next to him and shout and cheer and high five as Buddy, the young guy we'd cheered for at home as excited footy fans years before when he kicked 13 one day, kicked his 1000th goal and being surrounded by amazing positive energy after a couple of pretty weird years. Or last week, seeing his genuine pride, excitement and enthusiasm at his club having their first AFLW game. Or last night having a kick and a laugh at the end of the week, then sitting down and cheering on our team to victory together.

I wish all the joy in the world to you. Thank you for sharing this moment with us.