PDA

View Full Version : Swans sign Chloe Molloy

bloodspirit
22nd February 2023, 09:24 AM
I'm on the Chloe Molloy bandwagon. We are rumoured to be into her and I really hope we get her. She is a gun! Was the Pies best player when we played them last year I thought.

liz
22nd February 2023, 10:28 AM
AFL site is reporting that she’s told Collingwood she’s leaving. Can’t officially sign her until 1 March.

bloodspirit
22nd February 2023, 10:54 AM
And Swans now saying that she has indicated her interest in joining the Swans. I think it's happening! :)

aardvark
22nd February 2023, 12:26 PM
I hope Molloy has got over whatever injury has been slowing her down the last 2 years. She's an excellent player when fit.

bloodspirit
23rd February 2023, 11:17 AM
Molloy had a Lisfranc injury (which do take a long time to get right - is that what Ling had?). She has returned to playing and had a great season last year I think. The Hun is reporting that we will announce her signing for 5 years next week (when the Priority Signing Period opens). Will be the longest contract in AFLW history. I'm amped - she is a gun. I can think of few players I'd rather get. Great age and experience level too - 24 year old, 47 games over 5 seasons (including time injured).

Meg
1st March 2023, 11:50 PM
Molloy now confirmed. Such good news!

“AFLW star Chloe Molloy has committed to the Sydney Swans on a long-term deal, ahead of the club’s second season in the competition.

Since making her debut for Collingwood in 2018, Molloy has been a consistent performer. The 24-year-old has won the AFLW Rising Star, the Magpie’s Best and Fairest, earned two All Australian jumpers and booted 37 goals from 47 games.”

https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/1276359/aflw-priority-sign-and-trade-chloe-molloy-signs-with-sydney-swans

Ruck'n'Roll
2nd March 2023, 03:05 AM
1 day in, 1 signing.
I hope that isn't it.

Go the Pen's (yes I had to look it up)