PDA

View Full Version : Nick Davis confirmation..........

DST
27th April 2004, 12:40 PM
Can anyone confirm whether Nick Davis is again out for another 5 to 6 weeks or did the Herald Sun just stuff up their injury list today?

DST
:confused:

liz
27th April 2004, 12:47 PM
I just responded to a similar question on the other ND thread. Their injury list on the website doesn't list him. Are you referring to the printed copy.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,9397107%255E25498,00.html

Sounds like an error to me. Surely it would be a 'story' if he had reinjured himself.

Go Swannies
27th April 2004, 01:59 PM
I just went to that link and got:

SYDNEY
Nick Malceski (knee) - season
Jarrad Sundqvist (knee) - season
Ben Fixter (hamstring) - 1 week
Michael O'Loughlin (hamstring) - test
Andrew Schauble (hamstring) - test
James Meiklejohn (groin) - test
Michael O'Loughlin (hamstring) - test
Stuart Maxfield (shoulder) - test

no mention of Nick and he seemed alright on Saturday. Just a weblink error to the ancient past. But see my other thread that suggests Stewie could be out for the next two rounds.

Rob-bloods
27th April 2004, 02:03 PM
For mine he looked in pain in general play Staurday night (on TV granted), I must admit I was half expecting this and was not surprised, just peeved, at the news in the Herald Sun..

Hope it is untrue, most of HSun's content is!

DST
27th April 2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by lizz
I just responded to a similar question on the other ND thread. Their injury list on the website doesn't list him. Are you referring to the printed copy.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,9397107%255E25498,00.html

Sounds like an error to me. Surely it would be a 'story' if he had reinjured himself.

I was referring to the printed copy, nearly chocked on my coffee on the tram into work.

Seems like a usual Herald Sun stuff up.

DST
:D

Ryan Bomford
28th April 2004, 01:10 PM
In the Round 6 match preview section of afl.com.au today they have Davis listed as reinjuring his hip and out for another 5 weeks. Does anyone have the official story?

hammo
28th April 2004, 01:15 PM
It's a stuff-up. They are obviously going off the incorrect Herald Sun list.

This is the Swans injury list posted this morning (Wednesday) on the website...

Looks like Magic will be out again but Davis WILL PLAY.

PLAYER INJURY STATUS
Nick Malceski Knee Season
Jarrad Sundqvist Knee Season
Ben Fixter Hamstring strain 1 week
Michael O?Loughlin Hamstring soreness 1 week
Andrew Schauble Hamstring strain 1 week
Stuart Maxfield Shoulder/neck nerve impingement Test

Snowy
28th April 2004, 01:50 PM
And I have heard that Maxfield is unlikely.

Schneidergirl
28th April 2004, 02:56 PM
Does anyone know how many mins St Nick played? He'll be right for this week, even if he doesn't play a full match.

Really.... how long does it take for a hamstring to mend :p Maybe he just doesn't want to play in the supposed rain. J/J.

Snowy
28th April 2004, 03:29 PM
played for 94 mins. Hamstrings are notoriously difficult to assess and there is no point in tempting fate.

sharpie
28th April 2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Schneidergirl
Really.... how long does it take for a hamstring to mend :p

Aparently a very long time if you wear the red & white. Just ask Benny Fixter and Schauble. Sheesh, what's the story with these blokes, even Magic. At least Fixter is down to 1. Must mean he's only got about 5 weeks to go, poor bloke.

Snowy
28th April 2004, 03:54 PM
suspect MOL's knee problem is complicating matters. Schauble may have ripped his off the bone.

liz
28th April 2004, 06:39 PM
In case anyone is still harbouring concerns over Nick's injury status, I saw him with my own eyes at training this afternoon. He took part in full training, no indication of any problems at all, no favouring of his left leg for kicking (which he was two weeks ago at training), no obvious deterioration in his ability to kick 70m
+ with his right leg, etc etc

Snowy
28th April 2004, 08:35 PM
Now Liz, 70metres +, surely you exaggerate. (lol)

Cheer Cheer
28th April 2004, 08:53 PM
If you need proof watch his kick against melbourne in the last qtr of last years game in melbourne. He kicked it from inside the centre square to the left of the centre square - and it kicked right through. Not really any wind to speak of.

Schneidergirl
29th April 2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Cheer Cheer
If you need proof watch his kick against melbourne in the last qtr of last years game in melbourne.

What a terrific kick that was! Ahhh memories... :)

Bart
29th April 2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Snowy
Now Liz, 70metres +, surely you exaggerate. (lol)

Remember that's 70 SCG metres. ;)