PDA

View Full Version : State of the AFLW competition

Markwebbos
14th August 2023, 05:02 AM
The Roar did suggest that the Women’s AFL might want to pay / treat players better if it was going to avoid losing ground to the other women’s sports. Which may be a valid point right now.

Six Points: The ARC got Petracca 'touched' call spot on, and the Matildas lesson the AFL must learn (https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/08/13/six-points-the-arc-got-petracca-touched-call-spot-on-and-the-matildas-lesson-the-afl-must-learn/)

barry
14th August 2023, 05:51 AM
I personally think the women's AFL has been poorly setup. Too many teams. Gill has left a right mesd

Thunder Shaker
14th August 2023, 10:16 AM
I personally think the women's AFL has been poorly setup. Too many teams. Gill has left a right mesd
I think the season is too short. Each AFLW team should play every other team once.

stevoswan
14th August 2023, 12:19 PM
I think the season is too short. Each AFLW team should play every other team once.

Absolutely.

Industrial Fan
14th August 2023, 08:44 PM
I personally think the women's AFL has been poorly setup. Too many teams. Gill has left a right mesdway too many teams in such a short time. I get why they’ve been aligned to clubs but they just need to find so much talent that doesn’t have the same pathways as the men’s game.

Still enjoy watching it, but I think they needed to take a longer run up

Ruck'n'Roll
15th August 2023, 09:53 AM

Other than the dollars in the broadcast deal is there anything he's actually achieved. I'm not being sarky, I'm sure I must have overlooked something.