PDA

View Full Version : Perth Tickets (Eagles match)

peterh_oz
28th April 2004, 05:37 PM
Tickets for West Coast v Sydney @ Subiaco (May 15) go on sale Monday May 3 through Ticketmaster 7.

Advance tickets available via Swans office close FRIDAY APRIL 28 at 12 noon sharp!

I've been quoted $28.50 (adult) but these are all in 1 area and are a reserved seat.

Question - Does anyone know of any cheer squad seating or are these for the c/s also?

Finally - if anyone wants to share fuel cost & have a "different" trip I'm driving over (ex-Sydney but can arrange an ex-Melbourne) and back. 4 days each way & 4 days in Perth. Email me [email protected]

Captain
28th April 2004, 05:56 PM
I'm going.

I'm just going to buy a general admission ticket which I gather gets me in at the city end behind the goals.

If we see any fellow swans supporters we will come over.

desredandwhite
28th April 2004, 06:43 PM
I assume that you can get tix through the club, like for the brissie game - that way we can all sit together.. might give them a buzz tomorrow and find out.

timtayla
28th April 2004, 10:38 PM
All that are coming over to the west for the swans vs the eagles.
don't forget the irish club before and after the game,

great place to have a beer after our win >>>>>>>>>

floppinab
28th April 2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by peterh_oz
4 days each way & 4 days in Perth. Email me [email protected]

I take my hat off to you mate, driving to Perth (and back) for the footy, that's something else

Rob-bloods
28th April 2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by peterh_oz I'm driving over (ex-Sydney but can arrange an ex-Melbourne) and back. 4 days each way & 4 days in Perth. Email me [email protected] [/B]

I suppose you walked to Manuka for the game vs Norths?

port1978
29th April 2004, 12:34 AM
Tickets for West Coast v Sydney @ Subiaco (May 15) go on sale Monday May 3 through Ticketmaster 7.

Advance tickets available via Swans office close FRIDAY APRIL 28 at 12 noon sharp!

I've been quoted $28.50 (adult) but these are all in 1 area and are a reserved seat.

Question - Does anyone know of any cheer squad seating or are these for the c/s also?

I know there is a set area that the WA Swans suporter group is allocated....last year it was right up in the stands behind the goals......pretty stupid place if you ask me.....much better to be right down at ground level behind the goals.....Seems like it'll be the same place again considering the price of the tickets. I was quoted $30 for an extra ticket in that area. Think tickets behind the goals are normally under $20.

JF_Bay22_SCG
29th April 2004, 09:32 AM
Well, here is a picture of what Subiaco's seating plan is.

<http://westcoasteagles.com.au/default.asp?pg=stadiums&spg=seatingguide>

Disappointing that we'd be upstairs. But the most important thing is that we are ALL together.

So buy your tickets in that area, OK.

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
29th April 2004, 09:35 AM
Finally - if anyone wants to share fuel cost & have a "different" trip I'm driving over (ex-Sydney but can arrange an ex-Melbourne) and back. 4 days each way & 4 days in Perth. Email me [email protected]

Save me a spot in the car for the Dockers match, if you are carring it then.

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
29th April 2004, 09:50 AM
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109892

Hopefully this should answer a few of the questions we have about not only the footy, but Perth in general.

JF

Captain
29th April 2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109892

Hopefully this should answer a few of the questions we have about not only the footy, but Perth in general.

JF

I can offer the following from my limited knowledge:

Subi - lovely area, good coffee shops, couple of train stops to city (ie very close and better trains then Sydney), couple of good pubs as well.

Sights - Bell Tower, definately Fremantle (catch the train or a ferry), subi markets, swan valley wineries, rottnest island etc.

The main nightlife is in Northbridge, though it's pretty seedy, still a good time though.

WCE Supporters - Not feral, just biased wine sippers.

Sanecow
29th April 2004, 11:55 AM
Re: the big footy details

I don't know about Dockers fans being more friendly; last year I was near a thug who swore his head off (c***s was his favourite) all game (even though there were lots of kids around), called Barry Hall Elephant Man and screamed violent abuse every time a Swan was near the ball. Freo ferals can be quite frightening.

I'd be happy to sit in the general vicinity of other Swans fans; should I buy at the city end or the Subi end?

Tooth Fairy
29th April 2004, 03:35 PM
Is it a day game? This will be my second game at Subi. My first was years ago when I was on holidays and it was a night game. Anyway, I've been told to sit on the railway side of the ground due to the sun. That's where I'll be. Hope that helps y'all

peterh_oz
29th April 2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Rob-bloods
I suppose you walked to Manuka for the game vs Norths?

lol

peterh_oz
29th April 2004, 08:42 PM
So what have we decided? From reading the posts, the fence could be pretty **** for viewing. However I don't want to be stuck upstairs when everyone is downstairs.

Someone make a decision. Tickets through club close noon Friday Sydney time (16hrs to go!).

Thinking of fence & c/s area BUT I don't want to risk general admission tickets which don't go on sale until Monday. Has anyone got c/s connections within the club who can find out and post here early morning?

Dpw
29th April 2004, 11:52 PM
No cheersqaud for me this time, as the company I work for is a sponsor of the Eagles and have a corporate box, and I have been sucking up to the powers that be and it appears to have worked as they have promised me a spot.:D

anniswan
1st May 2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Tooth Fairy
Is it a day game? This will be my second game at Subi. My first was years ago when I was on holidays and it was a night game. Anyway, I've been told to sit on the railway side of the ground due to the sun. That's where I'll be. Hope that helps y'all

Hey Tooth, are you scurrilous in drag,