PDA

View Full Version : Crouchy

CureTheSane
2nd May 2004, 10:22 PM
Will be our next captain.

I called it when Kelly announced he was retiring.
I remember some people agreed after some thought, and others were shaking their heads

But I watched him on the weekend, and not only is he playing the best footy of his career, but he acted like a captain.
Constantly trying to fire up the players etc.

Benevolent Ert
2nd May 2004, 10:39 PM
Good call

He was my choice as heir apparent at the start of Kel's last year, but probably didn't have his best year in 2002

But I agree - he has "leader" written all over him

BAM_BAM
2nd May 2004, 11:31 PM
ditto.

I believe him to be the next choice too.

midaro
2nd May 2004, 11:56 PM
No.

He is not a good enough player IMO. Sorry.

Can anyone provide an example of a tagger/small defender who captains/captained their side?

Charlie
3rd May 2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by midaro
No.

Can anyone provide an example of a tagger/small defender who captains/captained their side?

What makes you say that?

Have you seen Crouchy when he's not picking up another player? It frustrates me a little seeing him down back all the time, although until the return of Fixy we don't have much choice. Crouchy has HEAPS of ability in the midfield... runs like the wind, beautiful kick, not afraid to end up on the bottom of packs. Was played as an attacking midfielder in the two Melbourne practice matches... close to our best player in each one.

Easily one of our best 4 'small' midfielders.

Ruck'n'Roll
3rd May 2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by midaro

Mark Browning, John Rantall for the Swans.

David PArkin for Hawthorn

More recently Bomber Thompson at Essendon.

TheHood
3rd May 2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
beautiful kick

I agree he is in a purple patch at the moment but can't quite agree with this part of your praise.

I reckon he has improved slightly on that this year but he scrubbs them with the best of 'em quite frequently and really when I think of a beautiful kick, I think of Nathan Buckley, Nick Davis and Tadhg Kennelly...not Jared Crouch!

Sorry Couchy...keep up the good work lil buddy!

NMWBloods
3rd May 2004, 12:10 PM
Crouchy's not a beautiful kick. Sometimes they are perfect and hit their target on the chest, other times they wobble off his boot and head to the left.

RogueSwan
3rd May 2004, 04:59 PM

and Maddog Maxfield is? There is more to leadership than just being a good player!

Personally I think it maybe Goodes.

stellation
3rd May 2004, 05:02 PM
I'd love it to be a local boy.

anne
3rd May 2004, 05:14 PM
I think Hall would be the best captain. He can galvanize the players when they need leadership, his own game is so good the extra responsibility wouldn't effect him and it would make him think twice about losing his temper. He is just what they need and they need him now.

Bexl
3rd May 2004, 05:32 PM
41 points down in the last Q and Crouch was in the centre square reving up Goodes to keep going. He didn't give up and was showing that clearly and after we got the next few goals he kept fireing up the players around him.
He is a leader.

Rob-bloods
3rd May 2004, 10:05 PM
IMO Crouchy would be one of a few good prospects as Captain.