PDA

View Full Version : My pick for the brownlow thos year....

CureTheSane
3rd May 2004, 12:37 AM
Chad Cornes.

anniswan
3rd May 2004, 12:41 AM
Nah, King Jimmy will get it, he has to get value for money from his $20,000

NMWBloods
3rd May 2004, 01:00 AM
I reckon he nearly spent all his credit yesterday!! :mad:

Swansinger
4th May 2004, 10:35 PM
I'll change my original prediction (Lloyd - what was I thinking?!)
and say Robert Harvey.

hammo
4th May 2004, 11:27 PM
Bell or Haselby could go close for Freo. Neitz will do well, as will Hird of course and any number of St Kilda players.

RogueSwan
7th May 2004, 04:53 PM
I would say Hird , but those bummers just love going to the tribunal.

sharp9
7th May 2004, 05:03 PM
Barry Hall

Bleed Red Blood
7th May 2004, 05:15 PM
Judd,Nathan Brown(rich).

ugg
7th May 2004, 05:19 PM
I reckon Hayes would have been a good chance of winning it before he got suspended. My picks at the moment would be Hird from Gehrig and BBBBH

Bleed Red Blood
7th May 2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by ugg
BBBBH

Dont you know its just Harry.

TheHood
9th May 2004, 11:58 AM
Hasn't Hirdy put first bid on the medalion? Think it was EBay that he said he uses. Put the first offer of $20k down apparently. Reckon anyone will outbid him?

Plugger46
9th May 2004, 10:48 PM
Chad cornes or James Hird.

anniswan
9th May 2004, 11:02 PM
I don't really care who it is as long as it 's not a Swan. It's a hoodoo I am sure.

penga
11th May 2004, 01:07 AM
nigel lappin and luke power tie - the fab five

AussieAnge
11th May 2004, 07:39 PM
Bell, I've been saying it since he went to Freo and I'm sticking with him. I will be really dirty if peter perfect (sorry James Hird) gets it.

hammo
11th May 2004, 11:02 PM
Barry Hall

ScottH
12th May 2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by hammo
Barry Hall

I think that is extreme optimism. He has played well but has not been a standout in any games.

SwansRock
1st June 2004, 12:31 AM
for brownlow medel

def

Barry Hall or Jude Bolton they just rock!

liz
1st June 2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by hemsleys
I think that is extreme optimism. He has played well but has not been a standout in any games.

Up until the start of this last round, Barry was coming third in the C7 coaches award. This week's votes haven't been revealed yet (TF C7 tomorrow) - though I somehow doubt he'll be getting any this week!

He would be leading our B&F by a country mile at the moment, I reckon, and given that we haven't been beaten by a heap in any games he'd be a chance to have picked up the odd 1 or even 2 lots of votes.

Of course, tomorrow night's "date" might put pay to all this...

ScottH
1st June 2004, 07:43 AM
From a team perspective, yes he has been a standout, Fantastic, even.
From an umpire point of view?!?!? I don't think the Umpires would notice him, as they didn't on Sat. (thankgoodness)

But I have been known to be wrong before...... Only Once I think, ......or I could've been mistaken.

Wardy
1st June 2004, 08:04 AM
Agree with Aussie Ange - if Peter Perfect (Hird) gets it I'll heave!

If is was for acting ability - particularly throwing himself to the ground - go no further than Chris Grant (aka Roger Ramjet)

For actaully playing consistently well - Robert Harvey

ScottH
1st June 2004, 08:17 AM
I reckon Adam Mcphee could be a smokey!!!

Has had a terrific season.

swansrule100
1st June 2004, 06:55 PM
three picks..

hird... cos the umpires love the fool he got 19 votes last year and missed a fair few games.

a swans player would be hall i think hes our best so far...

but if im picking properly its Adam Simpson from the kangaroos...he gets more kicks than his teammates put together and uses the ball so well

taurus
1st June 2004, 10:21 PM
James Hird. Umpires will give him the votes out of fear that they may be seen as sour grapes... My artery will burst when this happens

:mad:

swansrule100
1st June 2004, 10:27 PM
im trying to be unbiasd... but i dont know james hird to me is the most overrated player in the history of football... i dont like wayne carey but in his prime he was a star and voss and buckley both can take a game over...but hird is just a good player nothing more!

dimelb
1st June 2004, 11:09 PM
Earlier in the year I said Riewoldt. I'll stay with him.

Grant
2nd June 2004, 12:04 AM
Ricciuto to go back to back.Has been sensational so far.

hawker
3rd June 2004, 12:49 AM
Agree with grant, Riccuto is the man at the moment. I picked him up at 12s last week but should of got him at 14s before his sensational game against the hawks. Into 9-1 now and 2nd favourite has Carlton this week which wouldnt be surprised to see him run wild and get another few votes.

Also plays great when Adelaide have something to really play for and they are still a chance for the finals as Adelaide have plenty of home games to come.

Look for him to go close this year.

ScottH
3rd June 2004, 07:26 AM
At leasst it won't be Eddie Buckley!!!! :D

Wardy
3rd June 2004, 07:43 AM
Oh yes there is a God, Eddie Buckley not a hope!!!
I was told that he was none too pleased about having to share it last year - I kind of feel sorry for Ricutto - he seems to be the forgotten one!

Plugger46
3rd June 2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by swansrule100
im trying to be unbiasd... but i dont know james hird to me is the most overrated player in the history of football... i dont like wayne carey but in his prime he was a star and voss and buckley both can take a game over...but hird is just a good player nothing more!

That is officially the worst comment I've ever heard. You obviously don't watch him at all. He is infinitely better than Buckley, and every bit as good as Voss. He is the best player going around at the moment by so far it's not funny. I don't suppose you saw Essendon versus the Eagles this year, did you? Go and have a look at that, if you didn't. That just summed up how good he is. Haven't seen Buckley take too many games apart, definitely not as many as hird. Hird is more damaging, and is as courageous as they come. Buckley gets a lot of cheap and meaningless possessions.

If he wins it this year, it'll be because he is the best going around, not because of some other crap about getting cheap votes. He's come back from so many freak injuries and has lost nothing.

He would be in the best 5 players I've seen. Voss would be just outside.

By the way, Bazza is a huge chance the way he's playing.

swansrule100
4th June 2004, 01:08 AM
yeh but hird finally has a good year after bearly showing his face on the ground.... but i dunno i really dont like him but oh well fair point i guess

ScottH
4th June 2004, 08:03 AM
Hird would have to be the best player going around at the moment. Skills are a class above the rest. Voss is still a great player but isn't as dominate with the dodgy knees, now. And Buckley is a great ball winner, when he is actually on the ground, but doesn't have the silky skills of Hird.

Wardy
4th June 2004, 08:08 AM
ok - Peter Perfect is a good player - he just gets on my goolies and is a penalty puller of the highest order!

(ok got that off my chest now!)

ScottH
4th June 2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Wardy
ok - Peter Perfect is a good player - he just gets on my goolies and is a penalty puller of the highest order!

(ok got that off my chest now!)

LOL

You won't need to see your therapist now.

I think we all feel the same way about the golden haired boy.

Gr8 player but....

Wardy
4th June 2004, 08:38 AM
I know - damn it!!!!

ooh losts of activity out my office window - the torch relay starts shortly an I can see some bods over at the Opera House - helicopters hovering) nah - saw it in 2000 - not as exciting this time.

ScottH
4th June 2004, 09:01 AM
My kids are nagging about having a look over the weekend, But I keep telling them it is the same as 2000.

Stand out in the freezing cold for an hour or more to see someone we don't know run by in about 10 secs.

But, I really enjoyed the experience, truly!!!!

Wardy
4th June 2004, 09:18 AM
HMMM - just cant get excited about this - We just saw someone run past (dunno who as I am on the 22nd floor) our building. oh well back to work I guess.

bring on Sunday!!!!

Mike_B
4th June 2004, 09:34 PM
I missed it - was in Melb for the day, so the closest I got to seeing anything was the 747 it is being flown around in. Had I been at work today, I would have gone in a bit earlier than usual to take a peek, or gone in late and walked around the corner from home to see it.