PDA

View Full Version : Swan Song

TheHood
14th March 2003, 07:54 AM
As usual, I am probably the last one to know about this but has anyone cottoned onto the release of The Champ's autobiography?

Due for release in April 2003.

www.allenandunwin.com/Bookseller/product.asp?ISBN=0733310281 (http://www.allenandunwin.com/Bookseller/product.asp?ISBN=0733310281)

desredandwhite
14th March 2003, 08:40 AM
first I've heard of it, TheHood! Thanks for the info, this one looks like it's going STRAIGHT to the pool room. :D

Mike_B
14th March 2003, 09:30 AM
Pity about the picture on the front of Kel playing in a game where we wore those awful white shorts. But definitely will be bought once published.

desredandwhite
14th March 2003, 10:29 AM
I reckon that'd almost be 26th July 1998 at the Gabba. Assuming Jared Crouch hasn't been photoshopped into the picture, it has to be either 1998 or 1999 (old AFL logo)... I THINK the 1999 guernsey has the puma logo on the front somewhere so I'm thinking it's 1998. We really only play in white shorts against two teams, brisbane and melbourne - and in 1998 we played away to melbourne at night.

Yep, it's been THAT sort of friday!

TheHood
14th March 2003, 10:36 AM
You are a freak Des.

Scwatta always looked particularly bad in the white shorts.

I think the pic show Kel's biceps at their best though!

Mike_B
14th March 2003, 10:41 AM
I recall us playing Geelong in Geelong a few years ago wearing the white shorts...

desredandwhite
14th March 2003, 11:12 AM
mike, that could throw a spanner into my calculations then!

TheHood, Plugger looked 1000% worse than Schwatta in the white shorts ;)

TheHood
14th March 2003, 12:06 PM
They were a cruel joke thought up some sick twist.

Agreed about Plugger too. I actually had a theory that he played crap when wearing those shorts. I'd like to know his goal percentage with the white and then with the red! hehe

Schwatta looked so bad because he's got those dark hariy arachnid legs.

TheMase
14th March 2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by TheHood
They were a cruel joke thought up some sick twist.

Agreed about Plugger too. I actually had a theory that he played crap when wearing those shorts. I'd like to know his goal percentage with the white and then with the red! hehe

Schwatta looked so bad because he's got those dark hariy arachnid legs.

I am pretty sure the Swans wore the White Shorts against Fitzroy when Lockett kicked 16 goals straight.

Grant
14th March 2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
I recall us playing Geelong in Geelong a few years ago wearing the white shorts...

Wasn't that the day Cresswell taps his knee cap back in?

jude_boltons_babe
14th March 2003, 01:02 PM
when i was at the last game i was talking to a few of the players and paul kelly and he told me it was coming out soon i cant wait

Mike_B
14th March 2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Grant

Nah, was 2-3 seasons after that. I think it was the season where for like the first 8 rounds or so we wore white shorts for all away games, not just those where there was a clash, before the afl realised the stupidity of their decision.

swansrock4eva
14th March 2003, 02:14 PM
Iirc, Kevin Dyson was always uh... on display in those shorts so to speak... and someone else too but i can't remember... very scary stuff though...

penga
14th March 2003, 03:34 PM
those white shorts are horrid, although the ronald mcdonald socks arent much better!!! i think we should adapt the collingwood style sock (the one theyve been wearing in the preseason) ie all red with a band of white about the thickness of threebands on the ronald socks... ie for the away games

gloveski
14th March 2003, 04:39 PM
I'm pretty sure sydney wore white shorts when plugger had his big day out also

Louellyn
14th March 2003, 08:17 PM
The White shorts have a bad hoodoo about them for sure. Hate 'em.

robbieando
15th March 2003, 02:42 PM
Um I didn't have a problem with them, mainly because Lockett kicked 16 goals against Fitzroy in them in 1995. We only wear them against Fitzroy/Brisbane - no other team

Destructive
15th March 2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Grant

That was against Carlton in 96 I think. I was watching it with Norris Lurker, and being horrified at what we saw.

desredandwhite
16th March 2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Destructive
That was against Carlton in 96 I think. I was watching it with Norris Lurker, and being horrified at what we saw.

Nope, vs Geelong at Kardinia Park in '97.

Diego
16th March 2003, 01:02 AM
Lock it in Eddie!

Des is right!

Jimmy C
16th March 2003, 01:21 AM
Who'll be helping him to write it?