PDA

View Full Version : Eddie has camera implant

SWANSBEST
14th March 2003, 08:54 PM
AFL
Camera finally attached to McGuire forehead
by STAFF REPORTERS

"McGuire cam"
Bowing to popular demand, Collingwood President Eddie McGuire has had a television camera surgically attached to his forehead. Angled inwards, the camera will record McGuire's every expression, then relay the footage live to the newly-created cable TV channel Fox Eddie.

Television consumer groups welcomed the move, although some expressed caution until 24-hour Eddie coverage had been guaranteed.

"This is a step in the right direction," said Stephen Muir, 32, chairman of the Australian Media Consumers Group. "Our members have been telling us for months now that they want to see a lot more of Eddie McGuire on television. We have had people ringing up, demanding to know why Eddie is off their screens for sometimes five to six hours per day.

"We've confronted TV execs with this, and have been told that Eddie is on the radio, or in the newspaper at these times. You know and I know that doesn't cut the mustard," he said.

Footage from the new venture is expected to begin in the next two weeks, when bone grafted onto McGuire's forehead knits to the camera socket. Microphones will ensure each word uttered by the popular quiz show host will be recorded and instantly transmitted to a nation.

Free to air rights will be negotiated over the coming weeks, with Channel Nine favourite to secure the majority of Eddie rights. A network insider told The Bladder executives had already greenlighted a nightly prime-time Eddiewatch program, consisting simply of live, unedited footage from McGuire's forehead-mounted camera. Nine is expected to release packaged highlights to other stations.

McGuire declined to comment when contacted by The Bladder yesterday. He advised interested parties to tune in to an exclusive first-person documentary to be screened on Channel Nine this evening, titled 'McGuire: My thoughts about me'

Xie Shan
14th March 2003, 09:35 PM
Sounds like another one of those articles from The Bladder :D

Anything that makes fun of Eddie is funny; not only is he overexposed but he seems to hate the Swans as well, which makes him an easy target for jokes on RWO ;)

Charlie
14th March 2003, 10:59 PM
Does he hate the Swans???

On the Collingwood Show last night, they had a feature of the players who had gotten married or whose partners had had a baby.

Not a Swan in sight. This is despite Leo Barry and Jason Saddington both getting married, and Paul Kelly and Paul Williams' wives having kids. And these are just the ones I've heard about. I remember seeing Brisbane and Fremantle players; it wasn't an interstate thing.

Yes, he hates the Swans.

CureTheSane
15th March 2003, 12:38 AM
I'll take your word for that Charlie
I don't watch that crap any more
haha

The Collingwood Show :)