PDA

View Full Version : Swans v Tiges thoughts

floppinab
15th March 2003, 05:48 PM
A pretty lacklustre performance by both sides. Hard to read too much into the last quarter where Richmond clearly had the foot off the gas.
Given Roos commments before the game you could suggest it was a pretty poor performance but that said, it is the preseason..........

Good performances by the usual suspects, plus Stevens took a few good marks, Schneider got plenty of the ball, Saddo/Bolton did a good job on Richo but he was clearly in one of *those* moods and was never going to get into the game anyway.

Jude, Frostie, euthanasia now!!!

Tiger did some good things, he seemed to take most of the kick-outs, an interesting move.

Overall if anyone suggested that's the best we've got then we are in trouble no doubt. Otherwise bring on Round 1 so we can what the real Swans will look like.

desredandwhite
16th March 2003, 01:32 AM
Well... it wasn't too bad, when you consider the "potential" of the side. Basically it showed us how much difference there is between us playing at our best (4th q) and playing pretty much at our worst (1st q).

Nice performances from Nicky D, Barry Hall (once he figured out how to lead and mark) and Scotty Stevens. A very promising thing was Jason Ball's performance. Really threw himself around and took a couple of great marks.

Another one I'm impressed with is Adam Schneider - He and Bucky are fighting for the same spot, but IMHO Schneides has shown a bit more this season. Very classy skills, and has pace.

Some guys still need work though.. Benny Mathews, Jude Bolton were struggling all day and would frequently do something great only to undo it with something stupid half a second later. Stuie Maxfield had a dirty day as well.

The defence will need a bit of work - but it really stiffened up a bit once Ball/Goodes etc went back to help out.

Rizzo
17th March 2003, 03:44 PM
Way too many turnovers from both sides.

Goodes looked fantastic again, not only in the ruck but chasing down the ball, great goal saving effort down back in the second quarter.

I thought Richo lead well and out played his defenders but couldn't hit the side of a barn!

Good to see Ball back on the park.

The Man from Kerry chased well. I'd like to see him on the wing. The boy can run and will chase all day.

Didn't see Fossie in the game at all. Bolton had a few shockers - look up before you kick son!

Generally speaking, our forward line looks promising but the rest of the guys need to tighten up.

Skells
17th March 2003, 03:55 PM
I was pretty happy with the way the team played on the weekend and is a huge improvement from the Brisbane game (even though we have a few more players back now).

I was impressed with Schnider seemed to work hard most of the game. Good top see Ball on the ground again and played well. Can't wait for thround 1 though.

penga
17th March 2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Rizzo

The Man from Kerry chased well. I'd like to see him on the wing. The boy can run and will chase all day.

scuse my ignorance but who?

Mike_B
17th March 2003, 06:28 PM
That would be Tadhg - he originally hails from County Kerry in Ireland.

Norris Lurker
17th March 2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Rizzo
I'd have liked to have seen him on the wing too, that way my digital camera which only has double-zoom would have got some better pics. (Sorry Swansrock4eva, but he didn't come over our way very often; and he played a full game so our seats near the bench didn't help.
Anyway, the pics I did take of the game are up - check out http://www.geocities.com/aussierulesok2003/swantige1.htm

Reggi
17th March 2003, 09:16 PM
All practice matches are scrappy affairs - rarely do you see quality ones, basically because the in-form players are taken off, why do you need practice when you are going ok.

Funny all the official match reports differed on best players.