PDA

View Full Version : Nick Davis

Cheer Cheer
15th March 2003, 10:54 PM
Well I am one of the the biggest fan/follower's of ND and well it looks like I'm right on the money.
His second game after an interrupted pre season and he is BOG - the kid is a superstar in the making and will quickly rise to our best youngster and close to our best player.

Mike_B
15th March 2003, 11:02 PM
Lets just hope he's well and truly over the Osteitis Pubis that plagued him last year and that he stays injury free. Agree totally that he has potential superstar written all over him, and is definitely a huge positive for the game in Sydney that he is a Sydney boy.

Jimmy C
16th March 2003, 01:15 AM
I look forward to shouting at the telly this year.

penga
16th March 2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy C
I look forward to shouting at the telly this year.
lol
this is by far the most funny post that i have seen so far on RWO, gold!
:D

jude_boltons_babe
16th March 2003, 02:52 AM
i think nick davis is going to be great for the swans hes playing great

omnipotent
16th March 2003, 04:17 AM
Well I can tell you Pie supporters I know and that certain official rated Nick almost the most talented at Collingwood so I have always been surprised at how much people questioned his ability.

Dpw
16th March 2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by omnipotent
Well I can tell you Pie supporters I know and that certain official rated Nick almost the most talented at Collingwood so I have always been surprised at how much people questioned his ability.

Inside football rated him Collingwoods most important player last year, in there pre-season preview.

gloveski
16th March 2003, 12:24 PM
Hall,Davis,O'loughlan and Stevens hopefully will create a few headaches for other teams

omnipotent
16th March 2003, 09:16 PM
except this year inside footy rates him behind Shauble. That is rubbish.

liz
16th March 2003, 11:17 PM
except this year inside footy rates him behind Shauble. That is rubbish.

Not necessarily. Their lists are "most important", not "most talented". For team success it is certainly arguable that we will struggle more without a fit and in form Schauble than we would a similarly blessed Davis. With Hall, Doyle, O'Loughlin et al we have a decent forward line that could function well enough without Davis. Without Schaubs we're almost certainly stuffed.

Rizzo
17th March 2003, 03:37 PM
Looked to be a great foil for Hall on Saturday and I was impressed with his ball handling and general field play. Set Hall up nicely with a pass just outside 50 as well as nailing a few himself. He's actually a bit taller and bigger than than I remembered him in the black and white colours ;-)

Ajn
17th March 2003, 09:38 PM
Well so much for the doubters who questioned our depth and who couldn't see how we will cope without our former stars. We have the talent, hopefully now they feel the responsibility they need to bear.

omnipotent
18th March 2003, 03:57 AM
Lizz that is rubbish, Collingwood have at least as much firepower as us on the forward line so if they did it on the basis you suggested he would not have been number one. Shauble might be reasonably important because our key defenders are not great but I don't rate him. Watch him carefully, he usually follows a good piece of work with a turnover etc. Davis has much more ability and is much more the potential matchwinner than Schauble.

Reggi
18th March 2003, 07:21 AM
Wilson, Whitnall, Rocca, Lynch, if Schauble doesn't play on them, who will?

Far more important Schauble than Davis to us.

omnipotent
19th March 2003, 01:09 AM
Schauble beating Rocca or Whitnall I would like to see that. Might as well kick a score they cannot match than rely on him to beat them.

Reggi
19th March 2003, 07:19 AM
IIRC correctly a couple of years ago when Whitnall was in good form Schauble carved him up at Optus Oval even kicked two goals.

barry
19th March 2003, 09:30 AM
Schauble beating Rocca or Whitnall I would like to see that. Might as well kick a score they cannot match than rely on him to beat them.

Schuable would have those for pretenders for dinner. He goes well at CHB.

Its when he goes to FB against the likes of Lloyd or Lynch that I worry about.

chammond
19th March 2003, 01:13 PM
Even the very best full backs, including Dunkley, have been belted by the likes of Lloyd and Lynch. Lynch is one of the toughest players in the league - one on one not even Plugger could beat him for strength. And didn't Lloyd kick 13 goals on Dunkley not too long ago?

Schauble is proven quality, but he's not superman.

Davis may be quality, but he ain't proved it yet.

Steve
19th March 2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by chammond
... And didn't Lloyd kick 13 goals on Dunkley not too long ago?

In fairness to Dunks, from memory he kicked 1 himself, so it was really a net haul of 12 for Lloyd.;)

Reggi
19th March 2003, 07:49 PM
Didn't Luff and even the great G Bennett also get a go.

That was an unbelievable display

Benevolent Ert
19th March 2003, 08:59 PM
Everyone got a turn on Lloyd that day, Dunks, Gerard Bennett (on debut - I don't think he ever recovered), Rowan Warfe, probably even Peter Filandia - all to no avail, Warfey managed to slow the juggernaut slightly but the horse had bolted.
Dunks was swung to FF late in the game (probably to give Plugger a shot at Lloyd) and I remember saying to my friend 'if he kicks a goal I'll bare my arse'
Gave the top row of the Great Southern Stand something to look at that day. :D

desredandwhite
19th March 2003, 09:14 PM
ahh.. that was a very dodgy day indeed! I made the trip south for the easter double and copped that game plus a close loss against richmond the week before!!

Lloyd was completely unstoppable that day.

TheHood
20th March 2003, 07:55 AM
I think from memory that Dunks had an ankle injory and Lloyd made him look a bit silly running around like he was playing touch footy with a 5 year old.