PDA

View Full Version : Amon Buchanan

Cheer Cheer
23rd May 2004, 08:20 PM
I haven't seen pressure skills from a Swans player like his for a long long time - whether Amon be in our forward 50 pressuring defenders or on the ball harrassing the current oppostion ball holder - he is just at them at them at them.

Great one percenter player at the moment - hopefully to add more strings to his bow in the upcoming games.

Jeffers1984
23rd May 2004, 08:25 PM
He is awesome..doing a great job with Schneids out

Would be interesting to see who is quicker of the two

Jeffers1984
23rd May 2004, 08:26 PM
Also to add, he is gonna be our Sammy Mitchell once we get a good tap ruckman. He is very very good in the clearences when he is there.

NMWBloods
23rd May 2004, 08:26 PM
That clearance to get the ball to Bolton for the winning goal was absolutely outstanding, and something our team has been missing.

Dpw
23rd May 2004, 08:44 PM
Keeps on impressing with those one percenters, is a fave with RWO liners and when he adds the other requirements to his game he will be a regular member:)

EMJ
23rd May 2004, 08:48 PM
I agree - well played all day - kept on giving and trying.

desredandwhite
23rd May 2004, 08:56 PM
I don't think his raw ability was ever in doubt. I was worried about his pace and fitness.. But gee, the way he has been running down guys with great tackles in the last couple of weeks.... Well done, Monty, may the form keep up.

Tooth Fairy
23rd May 2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
I don't think his raw ability was ever in doubt. I was worried about his pace and fitness.. But gee, the way he has been running down guys with great tackles in the last couple of weeks.... Well done, Monty, may the form keep up.
I thought he may be a bit slow too last year. But now! Jeez that kid can frollick through the fields. Definitely on the right way to becoming a regular 22'er

Bron
23rd May 2004, 09:28 PM
Very happy to see Amon out there and showing his stuff. He was bitterly disappointed about being delisted and I'm so happy he has had the chance to stay with the team and now prove himself.

ScottH
23rd May 2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Bron
He was bitterly disappointed about being delisted and I'm so happy he has had the chance to stay with the team and now prove himself.

Don't think that will happen at the end of this Year!!

Also can you image him and Schneider in the centre of the ground.

Hmmmmmm.

Jimmy C
23rd May 2004, 09:58 PM
Great to see him having a good game. I remember when he was selected, and the buzz was around his ability to read the play. Some suggested that it was comparable to Matthews' ability (Leigh, not Ben).

ugg
23rd May 2004, 10:00 PM
He's really becoming a favourite of mine, he's very quick over a small distance and really lays into the tackles. Great idea to place him opposing the kick-in taker of the opposing team, and he was all over Joel Smith today. Also starting to extract some clearances which is pleasing to see.

Mike_B
23rd May 2004, 10:16 PM
He's really starting to show why the club re-drafted him. I'm sure it makes a difference that he has had the opportunity to string a few games together with a decent amount of field time rather than spending alot of time on the bench, and then being dropped, then coming back to spend more time on the bench etc.

Keep it up Monty!

Bron
23rd May 2004, 10:20 PM
One of my fave's too.

Bleed Red Blood
23rd May 2004, 10:26 PM
One of my fave's too.

Seem to be in a good mood.

Monty was great with the one percenters.

Will he stay in the team when Schneids get's back in round 15?

Oh and Ablett after round 1 hasn't sone much.

I suppose limited game time and limited game's are a contributing factor but he should be doing more in what his fifth season?

Bron
23rd May 2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood
Oh and Ablett after round 1 hasn't sone much.

I suppose limited game time and limited game's are a contributing factor but he should be doing more in what his fifth season?

He took at least one good mark. But didn't have much game time that I could see. Will be interested to see how much game time our guys on the bench actually got. Wharfe certainly didn't get much time (phew).

Bleed Red Blood
23rd May 2004, 10:32 PM
He took at least one good mark. But didn't have much game time that I could see.

Chest mark?

Will be interested to see how much game time our guys on the bench actually got.

I read on bigfooty that McVeigh was on the bench most out of all our players and in the top 10(IIRC) in the league.

Cheer Cheer
23rd May 2004, 10:34 PM
Is it fair to say Amon has overtaken Luke ablett on the pecking order now?

penga
23rd May 2004, 10:38 PM
he is quickly shooting up my fav list as well

only a matter of time before a NRS nomination

i thought we didnt lose much when we delisted him

*while eating pie, the humble variety :D*

penga
23rd May 2004, 10:42 PM
Will he stay in the team when Schneids get's back in round 15?

yes, without a doubt...

buccy will be getting the ball for schneider in our future midfield

inside midfielder - buccy

outside midfielder/small forward - schneider

liz
23rd May 2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by penga
only a matter of time before a NRS nomination

Is he not too old? I can never remember whether you have to be '21 or under' or 'under 21' on 1 Jan of the year in concern.

desredandwhite
23rd May 2004, 10:45 PM
And possibly has played too many games too? I think he had just over 10 games, which (IIRC) is the limit?

Of course, my memory isn't as good as.. errr.. what was I talking about?

Cheer Cheer
23rd May 2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Cheer Cheer
Is it fair to say Amon has overtaken Luke ablett on the pecking order now?

By this I mean has he gone gove above NOG in terms of who Roosy picks first for the team.

I'm assuming Buchanan has blown ablett out of the water in terms of who gets favoured first for that interchange spot.

Mike_B
23rd May 2004, 10:47 PM
And possibly has played too many games too? I think he had just over 10 games, which (IIRC) is the limit?

Monty had played 6 senior games at the start of this season. With today's appearance, he now has 10 senior games to his credit.

liz
23rd May 2004, 10:47 PM

Of course, my memory isn't as good as.. errr.. what was I talking about?

Nah - he'd just played 6 to the start of the year (courtesy of the AFL Season Preview 2004 which lives on the floor next to my computer)

stellation
23rd May 2004, 10:49 PM

I read on bigfooty that McVeigh was on the bench most out of all our players and in the top 10(IIRC) in the league.

Which is a shame. Dermie made a good point that McVeigh can run all day and it was a shame he didn't get the game time to be able to run his man into the ground to really capitalize on it.

NMWBloods
23rd May 2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by stellation
Which is a shame. Dermie made a good point that McVeigh can run all day and it was a shame he didn't get the game time to be able to run his man into the ground to really capitalize on it.

Yep, I thought that was a pity too. He has some nice skills that I'd like to see used more. We'll probably see more of him later in the year and next year.

As for Buchanan, I wrote elsewhere that I was really pleased with his close-in efforts - clearances and tackling.

Tooth Fairy
24th May 2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by stellation
Maybe they could try him starting in the fwd pocket and give him poetic licence to run the wing to the forward line?