PDA

View Full Version : Banner message for Freo match.

JF_Bay22_SCG
18th March 2003, 11:45 PM
The banner is being sent over on Friday. We therefore need a short message/slogan for it.

Can anyone help out with any suggestions?

If so, please post them here, and forward them to Cathy Marney <[email protected]>

JF

WASwansFanatic
19th March 2003, 02:08 AM
I wouldnt have a clue about the message on the banner. Perhaps you could suggest something about their great recruiting! Trent Croad, Jeff Farmer most over priced players ever....Andrew Wills, Peter Mann, Clive ****house or the fact that they sent Belly over east till he was a champion then bought him back for 10000 times the price they let him go for?!?!

Anyway onto a more serious note....IS there a WA supporters club. I heard that there is...and to get my WA Swans number plates we had to speak to the "head" of the supporters club....but he was as useful as two tits on a bull. If there is can someone tell me how to get involved! Thanks

Dpw
19th March 2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by WASwansFanatic
I wouldnt have a clue about the message on the banner. Perhaps you could suggest something about their great recruiting! Trent Croad, Jeff Farmer most over priced players ever....Andrew Wills, Peter Mann, Clive ****house or the fact that they sent Belly over east till he was a champion then bought him back for 10000 times the price they let him go for?!?!

Anyway onto a more serious note....IS there a WA supporters club. I heard that there is...and to get my WA Swans number plates we had to speak to the "head" of the supporters club....but he was as useful as two tits on a bull. If there is can someone tell me how to get involved! Thanks

I had your exact problem when getting my plates. Only suggestion I can make is to ring the Irish club thats were the funcations are held and should be able to direct you from there. Personally Iam fed up with them and I just renew through the club directly now as they rush everything and are unrelaible. A group of us from here just to go together and leave them to it,

But I think your comments on the Dockers are way off the mark and very unfair.

Alison
19th March 2003, 11:14 AM
I really think that banner should congratulate Leo Barry on playing 100 games!!!!

Steve
19th March 2003, 05:43 PM
It has to be something about showing them how to win on the road.

Although I don't know how diplomatic the Cheer Squads have to be these days.

WE WON'T NEED TO POACH BELL, FARMER, HEADLAND AND CROAD TO SHOW HOW IT'S DONE TO WIN ON THE ROAD

Norris Lurker
19th March 2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Alison
I really think that banner should congratulate Leo Barry on playing 100 games!!!! When Leaping Leo cracks the ton
The Swans will come out number one. :eek: :)

barry
20th March 2003, 10:49 AM
I cant remember the exact phrase, but didnt Neville Wran once quote: "Anything west of Sydney is just camping out".

That would make a nice banner.

Red
20th March 2003, 11:54 AM
Only premiership games count in the games tally don't they? So Leo won't hit 100 untill Rd.1 (touch wood).

Why hang @@@@ on Freo's recruiting on the banner? As far as poaching goes, we really shouldn't be throwing stones, so to speak.

And sorry, but I wouldn't mention 'Sydney' and 'camping' in the same sentence. Especially not interstate.

If you're going to go anyone, why not the umpires? Surely someone can come up with something witty that encapsulates both coaches' recent run-ins with them.

snajik
20th March 2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Red
Only premiership games count in the games tally don't they? So Leo won't hit 100 untill Rd.1 (touch wood).

My records agree with Alison (above). Round 2 for Leo's 100th.

Red
20th March 2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by snajik
My records agree with Alison (above). Round 2 for Leo's 100th.

Right you are (whoops).

Still, it's a little presumptuous at this early stage. It'd look pretty silly if he's not actually playing.

WASwansFanatic
20th March 2003, 01:16 PM
How can you say the comments about Freo's recruiting are unjustified. Croad and Farmer & CO. are getting so much that Freo's squad is only of 34 players. Farmer did stuff all last year...besides nearly inciting fifty thousand fights.

Anyway....something about Leo Barry would be good! And on the other side perhaps something about Connoly's whinging to the umps. Or the one about poaching croad etc to win on the road is bloody funny and I for one would love to see it as the almighty Swannies run out onto Subi.

Just out of interest where is everyone sitting for the game at Subi? I think a position behind the goals at the Subiaco end right amongst the Freo cheer squad would be great!

Steve
20th March 2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Red
Why hang @@@@ on Freo's recruiting on the banner?
I agree it was extremely insensitive of me.

As far as poaching goes, we really shouldn't be throwing stones, so to speak.

Don't agree on this one, but I guess it depends on what you define as poaching.

The only current players we have gained directly from other clubs are Hall, Davis, Williams, Schauble and Ball. You could add Maxfield, but really it worked out as compensation for losing Gaspar.

Really only with Hall and Williams could we be accused at throwing money at players to poach them.

Freo have raided other clubs to recruit Simmonds, Carr, Cook, Headland, Farmer, McPharlin, Croad and Bell.

The last 5 Dockers would go close to making up half their salary cap.

IMO that is poaching.

motorace_182
20th March 2003, 08:10 PM
Freo have raided other clubs to recruit Simmonds, Carr, Cook, Headland, Farmer, McPharlin, Croad and Bell.

Wasn't Cook given up by us. If so then it isn't really poaching, its more collecting on lost goods

JF_Bay22_SCG
20th March 2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by barry
I cant remember the exact phrase, but didnt Neville Wran once quote: "Anything west of Sydney is just camping out".

That would make a nice banner.

More like anything west of Marrickville ("Hetero") Metro ISN'T!

That would be more realistic, don't you think!

JF :D