PDA

View Full Version : Troy Luff Medal Presentation

Bron
16th January 2003, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone,

The Troy Luff Medal presentation has been rescheduled for Tuesday 21 January 2002 at midday at the Club. You may recall that the previously scheduled presentation was cancelled at the last minute because of the impending birth of Willo's daughter.

It would be great if a few people could turn up to participate. It will consist of a brief presentation and a few photos. I'll write up the story and get it published for all to read.

The presentation itself is a red leather bound book with the story of the TLM and the countdown to Round 22 and Willo's win, followed by everyone's words of congratulations. We will publish the story on RWO after the presentation itself.

Please come if you can, post a reply if you're able to make it so that I can look out for you!

Bron

desredandwhite
16th January 2003, 05:01 PM
I'll see what I can do!!!

Mike_B
16th January 2003, 05:51 PM
Sorry Bron, now can do.....that awful 4-letter word....

desredandwhite
16th January 2003, 07:05 PM
I have that word too, but I reckon I might be able to swing a *coughlonglunchcough*

tez
16th January 2003, 07:52 PM
Bron,
Would like to make it but will be interstate until
Wednesday arvo. Have a good time and well done.

Cheer Cheer
16th January 2003, 08:44 PM
I would love to make it dearly but I'm interstate permantently!

robbieando
16th January 2003, 09:00 PM
%^#*ing Murray River and 1000km

jude_boltons_babe
17th January 2003, 03:14 AM
how much does it cost if he doesnt cost anything at all ill be there if it does ill have to work something out

Bron
17th January 2003, 08:23 AM
It doesn't cost a cent (well the parking meter might gobble a few coins). It will probably only take 15 minutes or so.

TheMase
17th January 2003, 09:58 AM
:(

Everyone knows what that means! :(

jude_boltons_babe
17th January 2003, 10:38 AM
ok ill be there for sure count me in

18th January 2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by robbieando
%^#*ing Murray River and 1000km

Yeah I can't swim either Robbie. Damn that Murray crossing :D

vagary
18th January 2003, 10:08 PM
bron, i was thinking of coming but then my tooth broke and the first appointment available at the dentist was tuesday so sorry i won't be there in person but hopefully i will in spirit.

robbieando
18th January 2003, 10:11 PM
Just think in a few years this award will have its own gala dinner with live TV coverage Australia wide. The players will want this more than B+F because it was voted on by the fans.

bomber-princess
18th January 2003, 10:47 PM
i should be able to come to that.

liz
18th January 2003, 11:18 PM
Yesterday afternoon one of my colleagues rescheduled a meeting for 12pm on Tuesday, thus putting pay to any faint hope I had of disappearing for a couple of hours. Shame.

Bron
19th January 2003, 09:04 AM
To all those coming, we'll meet outside the entrance to the Club at the SCG at around 11.45ish. See you then!

jude_boltons_babe
19th January 2003, 12:36 PM
ill be there for sure do we have to wear something swannies or can we wear anything

Bron
19th January 2003, 01:22 PM
Wear whatever you like.

Charlie
20th January 2003, 12:07 PM
Bron, Des.... I found out about the conspiracy to get me there...... Seems I would have made it if not for the bushfire. We were evacuated on Saturday, the fires reached across the road but thankfully my sister's place is fine.... just a bit messy!:(

But I'd rather miss the TLM than go through what 1000 Canberrans are going through at the moment.

desredandwhite
20th January 2003, 12:18 PM
Good to hear you're both ok though - it's pretty full on out there in Canberra. Glad your sister's place is also alright, plenty of houses are in trouble!

swansrock4eva
20th January 2003, 12:39 PM
yep, good to hear ur ok charlie :) we'll take loads of pics 2morrow and write a big article on it for you!

Bron
20th January 2003, 01:38 PM
Charlie,
So sorry you can't get here. I was thinking of you over the weekend wondering if you'd been affected. We were evacuated in the 94 fires and had some damage, so I know what it's like. Every time there's a bushfire, I seem to relive it. Take care.
Bron

robbieando
20th January 2003, 07:51 PM
Good hear that your OK

jude_boltons_babe
20th January 2003, 11:25 PM
ill be there tommorow for sure see you at 1145

Charlie
21st January 2003, 12:15 AM
I'm flying back to Melbourne in the morning. My sister is going to stay and take part in the clean-up efforts in her suburb. Lyons lost about 10 houses, the closest were about 80-100m from my sister's house. Spot fires were across the road.

Duffy, where they lost about 200 houses and I think 3 of the four people who died, is about 2km away. We haven't been able to see that area from high ground because of lingering smoke, but apparently it looks like a nuke hit it. There is no power or gas in the entire Weston Creek area (Duffy is a part of WC), and parts of 2 suburbs are without clean water. There isn't any public transport. It is like another world, but it's only a short walk from where I am.

Bron, obviously the Canberra fires are the focus of media attention here, but I've heard vague reports of a fire around Lindfield in Sydney's North. Are you affected?? I hope you are ok where you are, I know neither of us want to relive our fire experiences in a hurry. Good luck!

Charlie

Bron
21st January 2003, 08:04 AM
No fire here atm (thank goodness). Very thick blanket of smoke coming from Canberra and north (I presume). Same all over Sydney I guess. Take care

desredandwhite
21st January 2003, 09:10 AM
won't be able to make it guys, pretty full-on day for me.

Have fun, and make it a good one :)

vagary
21st January 2003, 09:09 PM
how did the presentation go today?

Destructive
21st January 2003, 10:30 PM
Won't be able to make it.

robbieando
21st January 2003, 11:22 PM
Hope everything went well

Bron
22nd January 2003, 07:55 AM
All went well, I've written an article, got photos and a video that Des will be putting on the site.

Basically, Willo came in with his elder daughter, we did a little speech, took some photos on the SCG, had a chat, etc. Saw heaps of the players after their various sessions at the Club.

desredandwhite
22nd January 2003, 09:10 AM
Bron's report, plus photos, videos, etc will be up tonight - apologies, I've been flat out trying to fix a couple of problems with some coding I did :) didn't want it to break suddenly (MIKE - Yep, the CSS changes I made are breaking netscape something fierce..)

There'll also be a PDF of the book presented to PW.

22nd January 2003, 03:02 PM
Apology accepted Des. Take your time, breathe some air, we await with baited breath. Oh, and well done Bron on getting it done so soon.

Cheer Cheer
22nd January 2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Bron
All went well, I've written an article, got photos and a video that Des will be putting on the site.

Basically, Willo came in with his elder daughter, we did a little speech, took some photos on the SCG, had a chat, etc. Saw heaps of the players after their various sessions at the Club.

congrats bron, good work !

robbieando
22nd January 2003, 08:48 PM
ohh a video that must be a site first??? That will be nice to see.

Bron
22nd January 2003, 08:49 PM
A cute little thank you speech .... (Willo's daughter was the cutie)

jude_boltons_babe
22nd January 2003, 11:57 PM
thanks bron and gemma for inviting me i had a great day and paul williams daughter is so cute

desredandwhite
23rd January 2003, 12:06 AM
We've got limited bandwidth for RWO, so I'm going to investigate compressing the videos for download (will look cruddy, but at least it'll load quickly!!). I'll try do that tomorrow, my computer is otherwise occupied - typing on my laptop now

Bron
23rd January 2003, 08:18 AM
I thought that might be a problem. The thank you video is 3MB. If Des can't get it up, then the alternative is that anyone who wants to see it should send me an email - [email protected] and I will email it back to you.

bomber-princess
23rd January 2003, 10:09 PM
it was a great morning. thank you gemma and bron for the invite. i am glad everybody that went had a great time. yes and Willo's eldest is a real cutie.