PDA

View Full Version : Sydney AFL Rep Game

Troy G
2nd June 2004, 11:17 AM
The upcoming Sydney AFL v Riverina rep game is being played in Wagga Wagga.

Will the NSWAFL fork out the money to send the people that do the game on Friday nights on Foxtel to cover the game?

People in Sydney (that care or don't) should be able to watch their best players, and the AFL should want to showcase it?

I won't be holding my breath.

me son
2nd June 2004, 11:38 AM
Good point Troy. I doubt the Sydney AFL big wigs will pay for Abba, Dougie and the digital sports guys to get to Wagga.

Would be great to see Luffy with some quality players around him from the current top 4 sides. Id like to see that!!!

It looks a talanted squad below:

Players Name
Club

Adam Fiddler
Radlee Moller
Matthew Withers
Campbelltown

Peter Carey
Barnaby Howarth
Anthony Brawn
Ryan Talbot
Alex Huggins
Pennant Hills

Steven Pech
Andre Pech
Mark Parmenter
Steven Crisp
Peter Kefalas
Adam Cambourn
Brad Flinn
UNSW-ES

Jason McPherson
John Bradfield
Martin Brewster
Western Suburbs

Glenn Garner
Todd Featherstone
Michael Talbot
richard Talbot
Declan Donoghue
Andrew Bawden
Tim Addison
St George

Andrew Bereza
Jarrod Crosby
Nick Hosking
Mark Livy
Ron Wason
Dean Davies
Nathan Carbone
North Shore

Nick Trask
Ben MacNamara
East Coast Eagles

Troy Luff
Craig Morrison
Evan Davis
Cameron French
Balmain

Here's a tip for you all..... Balmain will beat Pennant Hills Demons in both Reserve grade & First grade this weekend. Cam Colville has the reserves firing and first grade are warming up nicely.

Lets just wait and see.

Ahhh me son

Prince
2nd June 2004, 11:51 AM
Whilst I agree we will not see the Rep game on TV....

Me son.. what are u on.... The Pennant Hills Demons will not be beaten in any grade on the weekend. Old and big chris yard in his first year of coaching is going great guns with the two's and danny ryan has the young A grade side playing some great footy.

Pennant Hills will win
East Coast in an upset over the doggies at gipps rd
St george easy
north shore easy

jazzy jeff and the fresh......???

Norris Lurker
2nd June 2004, 08:47 PM
The Digital Sports/Fox Footy people do good work. I don't know who pays the production costs, so it may not be up to the Commission to fund a trip to Wagga; but it would be great if that game was on telly. I'll be in Victoria over the long weekend, but I may put up some scores and do a brief article that weekend.
As for Pennant Hills v Balmain, the Demons have hit some good form lately - beating UNSW-ES by 50 points was very impressive. Balmain beat them last time, but it'll be a test.
The game at Ern Holmes is RWO match of the round this week; so I'll be out there on Saturday. I've seen Pennant Hills a couple of times this year, but this'll be the first time I've made it to a Balmain game - looking forward to it, and I will hopefully get to Drummoyne some time soon. I think Fox are doing the Wests v North Shore game. And it's interesting to see a premier league game at Gipps Rd this week - I think that would be the first since the Goannas were in the SFL.

Jacks
4th June 2004, 01:05 PM
The Digital Sports team will not be going to Wagga Wagga for the Rep game for a number of reasons. Logistically it would be a nightmare for a production that is run on a shoe string budget, the commentators are volunteers and therefore could not be expected to foot the travel bill themselves and finally it was decided that it would be just to cold to go to Wagga.

Also the East Coast Eagles game scheduled for Gipps Road this weekend has been transfered to Wagener Oval after the League deemed that the surface at Gipps Road was not suitable for Premier Division games.

jude_boltons_babe
4th June 2004, 01:35 PM
demons will kick butt
and same with the north shore bombers

Troy G
7th June 2004, 02:04 PM
Jacks, the point is you aren't given the budget and the game isn't deemed important enough in the scheme of things to give you that budget to go Wagga! You're right about the cold though!

Norris Lurker
13th June 2004, 11:04 PM
Congratulations to the Sydney AFL on a 51-point win - final scores Sydney AFL 20.20 (140) d MVAFA 12.17 (89).

Troy G
15th June 2004, 05:12 PM
Details of the representative match played Sun 13th June at Maher Oval, Wagga Wagga, between the Murrumbidgee Valley AFA and the Sydney AFL.

Sydney AFL 5.3 9.7 12.13 20.20 (140)
MVAFA 2.8 4.11 8.14 12.17 (89)

Goals - Sydney AFL: J McPherson 4, S Pech 4, A Huggins 3, J Bradfield 3, M Livy 2, P Carey 2, A Brawn, A Fiddler

MVAFA: B McKelvie 2, M Byrne 2, M Hamblin, B Aiken, A Loughman, R Simms, M Duncan, N Irvin, M Hard, A de Jong

Best - Sydney AFL: S Pech, B Flinn, M Parmenter, Ryan Talbot, J McPherson, B Howarth

MVAFA: A de Jong, B Ryan, M Hard, B Aiken, M Robertson, M Hamblin

At - Maher Oval, Wagga Wagga