PDA

View Full Version : guernsey presentation night from me

penga
21st March 2003, 11:12 AM
i thought id give a quick run down from last night from my perspective and from the players i talked to, ie b4 bron does her article (i was sat next to her)

when we (me and my parents) first arrived we were walking behind nicksy and heath james, james was limping quite heavily favouring his knee, i was really concerned to who it was and i thought it may have been james because we were walking behind them and i couldnt tell who it was. during the night i talked to doyle and i was asking him who it wouldve been coming in with nicksy (as i didnt recognise james at the time) and he said james, and i said how heavily he was limping, to this doyle was very confused and he said that james was running, so i had a chat to james later in the night and he said that he had done an 8km run and pulled up with a bit of fluid on his knee, so it is just a minor setback, and he should be in full training in a couple of weeks again; i was a little confused because when he went up to get his jumper he didnt seem as though he was limping but u couldnt see his legs but when he sat back down at the table i saw him limping again. he also said that the admin has said to him that if he can string together 10 - 12 games this season they will keep him on the list but if he doesnt achieve this, he will be delisted... he also said that it was quite good that roosy was now coach as far as his career goes coz rocket was getting a bit impatient with him. he knew that he was going to be delisted around round 19 last year and was unaware that they were gonna pick him up again... i also asked him if he was still keen on the FB position or is there anywhere else youd like to play and he said that FB was the only spot that he wanted to play, so i asked him whether he was goin to be replacing schauble and he said that (something in the same effect as) he could easily outbody schauble and hed be keen to get down there... i think heath is a legend for what he has gone through and his determintation to stick with it, top fella

i asked bazza what his goal for the year was and he said to play 22 games, and i said not 25? to which he grinned and said ill be happy to get thru the 22 first and then see where we are. i asked him about LRT and he said that his kicking still needs a bit of work, he is a great mark and can run all day i asked him if hed be good at chb and he said definitely... he also has been getting over a bit of a knee injury and will be playing this weekend as with daniel hunt he also has had some injury cloud and should be playing this weekend at campbelltown.

i had a chat to goodesy and asked him how he felt that he lead the league in free kicks against last season, to which he replied that he had been talking to the umps a bit lately and had been trying to buddy up to them... but he said that he realised that he had to work on it. when i was talking to goodes we were standing near fixter and i asked goodes how long it will be before fixter is back and he said maybe round 2-3, not good news...

i asked okeefe where he wanted to play this season and he said on the ground, he didnt care where it was... didnt specify anywhere as long as he was there somewhere...

i asked c bolton how the professionalism down here differed from brisbane and he gave me a bit of a cliche answer and said that sydney were a very motivated group etc etc, but i mentioned that he was averaging quite high possesions in the 2nds for brisbane and would he prefer to play in the middle, he said that his main post is half back and he was mainly in the middle to get a good run and get into the game, so he wasnt that keen on playing in the middle as compared to down back

i had a chat to thewlis and he said that he was also currently injured, he was havin a kick to kick b4 training and he did something to his knee, nothing serious though... after i saw him at NSO kick that goal i thought he mustve been a forward and he also said that he was definitely a half back. as i may have mentioned many a time b4 but i really like thewlis, when he was introduced to get his jumper roosy made a comment that he wasnt sure which foot josh favoured as yet, "i cant tell if he is a right or left footer, he hasnt told me yet. josh shows some great skill" out of most of the team apart from bazza, thewlis seems to be quite built...

had a brief chat with sadders, and i asked him if his main post will be chb and said yup, thats where ill be playing most of my footy this year, all depends on the matchups though... sadders doesnt look like he has bulked up much at all even in a suit

roosy made a few announcements as far as injury is concerned and he said that seymour had injured himself again i cant remember what he specified but he wont be available til about rd 3-4 as well... sunny is right now and should be runnin around this weekend. davis pulled up with a bit of leg soreness after the weekend and he will be rested this weekend. doyle is right now, james has had the minor setback and that was about it from memory, im sure bron will fill in a few more details as she was taking notes, sorry bron if im stealing any of your thunder... thats all i can remember for now

ps i was quite surprised at how tall heath was, bron took a photo of me and him (hopefully she puts it up) and im 5'10-5'11 (with my dressy shoes on, big sole and orthodics gives me a bit of extra height) and he dwarfed me easily, he must be taller than 189cm as listed

penga
21st March 2003, 11:17 AM
oh yeah, magic touch and go for round 1 and buccy a fair way off

Mike_B
21st March 2003, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the report penga - interesting to hear what some of the players had to say. Looking forward to Bron's wrap too.

James
22nd March 2003, 10:56 AM
Hi Penga,

You probably won't remember me. It's James here the guy sitting opposite to you on the presentation night. Great wrap of the night, I had a blast.
Thanks for helping me find the players that night.
Hope to see you your parents, Bron and others in the fututre.

James

CureTheSane
22nd March 2003, 02:27 PM
Great post, as is Bron's article.

Looks like we are gonna have the biggest HB line this year.
Or maybe there'll be some punch ups over it lol

Bron
23rd March 2003, 08:19 PM
James, nice to see you found us here at RWO! Bron

Penga, I think that Des put up the photo you wanted, I can send you all the photos of the night if you like, just let me know .... Bron

James
25th March 2003, 09:56 AM
Thanks to you Bron, I would have never known about it.

cheers

penga
25th March 2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by James
Hi Penga,

You probably won't remember me. It's James here the guy sitting opposite to you on the presentation night. Great wrap of the night, I had a blast.
Thanks for helping me find the players that night.
Hope to see you your parents, Bron and others in the fututre.

James

hey mate, i remember ya...

it was a shame u couldnt have got mcglone and hunt's autographs

yeah bron, the james picture was put up... :) thanks