PDA

View Full Version : Coach to Canberra for Swans v North Melb

desredandwhite
22nd March 2003, 10:33 AM
Anyone interested in a supporters' coach to Canberra for the match against the Roos? Apparently the club is keen on getting it organised if there are enough numbers etc. Not 100% certain about costs yet.

Mike_B
22nd March 2003, 12:08 PM
I'm interested, but can't make any promises yet....

motorace_182
22nd March 2003, 12:18 PM
Sounds good. I might be able to make it, depending on my workload at the time

JF_Bay22_SCG
22nd March 2003, 05:14 PM
Yes, again this is something the club should be organising themselves.

But still, if they won't we should ourselves. We can even bring the CS flags/floggers down and sit in one of those dodgy portable stands.

Try Cathy Marney Des. She has good contacts with several bus companies.

Geelong gets 10 buses to Sydney. There is no excuse for us not getting the same amount to Canberra.

Let's think about getting something going ourselves!

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
22nd March 2003, 05:17 PM
http://www.geocities.com/sportsjunkieau/canb1.html

Dean
22nd March 2003, 07:44 PM
Cathy is infact the person who is gauging interest for organizing a trip. (non-cheersquad related)

Edit: Spelling

Charlie
22nd March 2003, 08:08 PM
While I'm obviously not going from Sydney, there's a good chance I'll see you all at this match!!! Book tickets early though, remember it's a smallish ground.

vagary
22nd March 2003, 11:13 PM
that's a good idea. someone should organise one for melbourne fans too.(just an idea)

jude_boltons_babe
23rd March 2003, 01:04 AM
me and my freinds are driving up i cant wait bring it on

JF_Bay22_SCG
23rd March 2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Charlie
While I'm obviously not going from Sydney, there's a good chance I'll see you all at this match!!! Book tickets early though, remember it's a smallish ground.

Nah Charlie. AFL is a dead duck in Canberra. All the expats have lost interest, whilst the locals now follow union more than anything. If they reach 10000, I'd be highly highly surprised. We got 7000 against the Pies in a pre-season match last year. And 4000 against North a week later. A crowd of similar size would be about what I'm expecting. Ah, and North Melbourne CS will sit on the wobbly seats, wave their little chequered flags and do bugger all else.

There is simply no point in pre-booking tickets. Just get a GA ticket on the day and look for the Sydney-based crew on one of those wobbly porta-stands that line the outer wing.

For a Melbournite I'd save up and come up here as opposed to going to Canberra. A trip to Manuka Oval, with its plethora of public service cardboards, is simply not worth the effort. Of course I'll go for sure, but games there have the feel of country practice matches, even if you get a cool view through the trees of Parliament House and the Black Mountain tower behind it.

JF
PS:- Considering my two ex partners both live there, I'll NOT be doing the weekend trip thing!!!! :frown :mad: