PDA

View Full Version : Roos' views on 1278 radio tonight

Snowy
7th June 2004, 08:21 PM
Roos was on 1278 tonight with Healy, Wallace and Tony Shaw. He was full of praise for Leo saying he has had a great year with his last month being spectacular. He also commented that Hall has been the best player overall for the season. He doesn't believe in the revenge factor saying that once a game has been played that's it - over. He said that even within a season come the time when you play the team the second time over you don't even consider the first encounter. He feels that opposition teams make the mistake of playing the SCG differently offering the view that Sydney does not change its game plans to accommodate different venues. He went further to make the point that with the demise of Waverley most grounds are of a similar configuration in any case. He is not concerned at having to play finals at Stadium Australia. He mentioned Ball's hammy saying that Doyle will have to assume more ruck responsiblity. He agreed with the blokes that Leo Barry perhaps deserves All-Aussie consideration and praised the mark of Riewoldt but refused to rate it better than Sampi's saying they were too different in nature for this. He sounds very rational and balanced every time I hear him.l

CureTheSane
7th June 2004, 09:40 PM
Riewoldt's mark was the mark of the year for me.

Why?

Because it is the first mark in years which I have seen taken where I have gone "WHOOOOAAAAAA!!!! Holy @@@@!!!!!!!!"

Awesome

treespirit
8th June 2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by CureTheSane
Riewoldt's mark was the mark of the year for me.

Why?

Because it is the first mark in years which I have seen taken where I have gone "WHOOOOAAAAAA!!!! Holy @@@@!!!!!!!!"

Awesome Sampi for me. Riewoldt's was all about great courage, like Jonathon Brown's. Awesome courage; but Sampi's was more athletically spectacular.

Perhaps there should be Best Courageous Play of the Year awards. Leaping would be a finalist evry year.

Go Swannies
8th June 2004, 11:03 AM
Am I being nitpicking if I point out that Milne would have taken the mark for the Aints anyway? Great athleticism from Riewoldt but you kinda wonder if it was more ego than self sacrifice. I know if I saw Baz lay Pebbles out by going over him to take the mark I'd be p#ssed off.

I think I'd rather go for Leo climbing man-mountain Gehrig and reaching for the stars (it was just unfortunate that the ball was passing by his feet at the time).

ScottH
8th June 2004, 12:48 PM
Milne Probably would've marked it, but it was a shame that he actually got up after Reiwoldt almost took his head off!!

Rob-bloods
8th June 2004, 12:58 PM
I think small guys backing into big guys are the brave ones. As good as Riewa's was, he did not backing in but went forwards into three small players, one his own, the athleticism of a guy his size to grab it and hang on in the circumstances was excellent, but I think it has been overplayed.

Leaping does four 'braver' things every solitary week...I would love to ask Mrs Leaping if she has good life insurance on the old man...