PDA

View Full Version : Sydney AFL Premier League Finals

shearer
16th June 2004, 10:05 AM
Anyone heard were the finals are this year?

I hope to christ that they arent at Monarch, last years finals had no atmosphere whatsoever. The ground is just to big.

I reckon they should be played at either Drummoyne or go back to the good old days of Erskinville Oval.

j s
16th June 2004, 10:20 AM
"Roger Sheeran" is a good finals venue too - it's a natural ampitheatre.

Monty Burns
16th June 2004, 11:58 AM
I haven't heard where the finals will be. Drummoyne Oval would be fantastic, however, I think that cricket poses a problem there.

I agree that Monarch has zero atmosphere, but Roger Sheeran isn't too far behind it. Although it makes for good viewing, I reckon that the crowd is that far away from the game that it detracts from the atmosphere.

shearer
16th June 2004, 12:04 PM
Ive played in a few GF's at Roger Sheeran and the crowd seems to be miles away, at least at Drummoyne your on top of the action.

Still the best is the old Erko oval.

troy34
16th June 2004, 11:28 PM
The league is trying hard to get Drummoyne Oval but at this stage the cricket wont let us use the oval past August 31, go figure this, the cricket have it for 7 months and we have it for 5 months yet we still pay half!! I think the league are going to have at least the first 2 weeks there

Luffy

Singapore Winky
19th June 2004, 04:37 PM
I think the league should look at Riverview number 1 oval as a possible location,it has a great surface and its a great oval to view football.

Prince
21st June 2004, 12:16 PM
You r spot on singapore winky....

My word is that they are condsidering the oval but have a problem with no fence around the ground. Talk of a portable fence an option.

Who cares about a fence anyway. Great venue and a few fat overweight yellow jacket security guards could keep everyone well back from the boundary line.

Riverview No 1 is great venue to watch footy. 15,000 there only few weeks ago to watch GPS match v Joeys.

j s
29th June 2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Prince
You r spot on singapore winky....

My word is that they are condsidering the oval but have a problem with no fence around the ground. Talk of a portable fence an option.

Who cares about a fence anyway. Great venue and a few fat overweight yellow jacket security guards could keep everyone well back from the boundary line.

Riverview No 1 is great venue to watch footy. 15,000 there only few weeks ago to watch GPS match v Joeys.
The fence is more likely to be so they can charge admission but if it's just a boundary fence then a simple rope on poles would be totally aequate.

Norris Lurker
29th June 2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by j s
The fence is more likely to be so they can charge admission but if it's just a boundary fence then a simple rope on poles would be totally aequate. They'd be talking about a fence outside the ground so they can charge admission, rather than around the boundary. Roger Sheeran doesn't have a boundary fence, and they've played finals there.