PDA

View Full Version : If the Swans need an inspiration!!

Troy G
16th June 2004, 06:23 PM
This is an extract from www.simonmeyer.org

For those that don't know, Simon Meyer is fighting back from a tackle suffered in the SydneyAFL seniors and the following was written by his carer..his mum!

"It has been many weeks since Simon left Sydney to return to Perth. He has been waiting impatiently for Rehab to start again. And it did this week. Tonight he rang me. His first words are always "Hi!". It is such joy to hear his voice. But the most astounding words were to follow. Simon said slowly with great concentration "The man is eating a sandwich". That is the first time I have ever heard him say a complete sentence of any length. I cried. What hope there is in those words. No he did not generate them himself. He learnt them but the complexity and length and memory is astounding.

So what of other news of Simon. The most exciting is that he drives his father everwhere. Our automatic car is now modified with the left accelerator, the steering wheel knob and extended blinkers. John says Sim is an "excellent driver". Although Sim is still only on a Learner's Permit he should be able to take his licence test again soon. Then he may drive alone if he wishes. This will be his first experience of independence."