PDA

View Full Version : Trivia Night!!!

swansrock4eva
16th January 2003, 10:28 PM
redandwhiteonline.com?s GRAND TRIVIA NIGHT!!!

WHEN: Saturday March 22, 2003. 7pm
WHERE: The Auditorium, L1, Paddington-Woollahra RSL Club, 226 Oxford Street, Paddington
HOW MUCH: $12/head, discounts for group bookings. Also bring some loose change along for games and other things during the night.
FOOD/DRINK: The RSL has several food outlets including a Chinese Eatery next to the Auditorium. We recommend buying some food from these places beforehand or during the interval and bringing it into the Auditorium. There is a bar across from the Auditorium selling both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at RSL prices*.

Hosted by the one and only Troy Luff, the night will have a Red and White feel but won?t be just about football! Proceeds from the night will be going towards keeping RWO operating and also Malcolm Sargent Fund for Children With Cancer so come along, bring some friends and dig deep to help out!

Tickets will be available at the Swans vs Bombers match at North Sydney Oval and the Swans vs Lions Match at Telstra Stadium on Sun Feb 16 and Sat Feb 22 respectively.
For further details contact Gemma at [email protected].

*U18?s are not allowed to purchase from Licensed areas, and as such, will have to get someone else to buy their soft drinks.

anniswan
16th January 2003, 11:00 PM
Will the swans promote this at all?

Could you ask that guy Arunas Carl Blandis who sends out the emails about the swans supporters club to promote it to his email list?

It may also be a good idea to post it to the football newsgroups.

cheers
AS

swansrock4eva
16th January 2003, 11:06 PM
It's just gone out to yahoogroups, and i am meeting with the club on tuesday :) If anyone has details for ACB i will pass it on, or others can if they wish to do so.

jude_boltons_babe
17th January 2003, 04:09 AM
count me in ill go for sure when does it have to be payed by i love trivia and so do all my freinds

TheMase
17th January 2003, 09:53 AM
There was a plan for a footy game prior to this @ Bus Stop Oval too.

I have to confirm this with Des and SW4E.

Bron
17th January 2003, 10:47 AM
Gem,
Email it to me and I will send it on to Arunas.
Bron

swansrock4eva
17th January 2003, 03:28 PM
Mase, i don't see any probs with it - the date also means it's less likely the oval will be in use so you have my blessings to organise! :D

jude_boltons_babe
17th January 2003, 09:43 PM
i cant wait it will be alot of fun

swansrock4eva
23rd January 2003, 12:51 AM
After meeting with the club yesterday, there will now also be an auction for a signed swans guernsey at the trivia night - payment details will be arranged with the highest bidder on the evening. Again, for further details, [email protected] is the place to send the questions! :)

Mike_B
23rd January 2003, 09:30 PM
Sounds great Gembo - pity I'll just be recovering from a 3 week trip to India so probably won't have the funds to spend, but a great way to raise more money for the Malcolm Sargent Cancer Fund for Children!!!

Thank you Sydney Football Club for the generous donation!

robbieando
23rd January 2003, 10:12 PM
Gem would you like any other items??? Because I have a signed Jason Danstall card I have been trying to get rid of for years:D

I take it half the money goes to the site to keep it running????

swansrock4eva
23rd January 2003, 11:43 PM
Mike - warn the people on your table!!! i don't want to deal with complaints abt sweatiness on the night!

Robbie - we'll see how much money we end up before we decide what goes where. We have some basic costs to cover first and then it's all good news from there!

desredandwhite
26th January 2003, 01:41 PM
I don't think I'll be able to put much of a bid on it either :)

ah well, such it is.

Come on everyone, it's going to be a fun night! (following a fun day with the RWO/Bigfooty match)... PM gembo if you're interested.

jude_boltons_babe
26th January 2003, 03:58 PM
ill come to trivia for sure but i cant play footy ive stuffed my leg drats maybe another time

swansrock4eva
2nd February 2003, 12:10 AM
*BUMP*

Just reminding you /letting you know, tickets for this will be on sale at the NSO Swans vs Bombers match in 2 weeks time, and the Swans vs Brisbane match at Stadium Oz the week after. You will find me with the cheersquad group - look for the big flags! Remember, there are discounts for groups and if you want to organise a group booking, please try to let me know before then through a private message on here or at [email protected]. Remember, friends and family are most welcome, and it will be a great night!

j s
2nd February 2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by swansrock4eva
*BUMP*

The things that go *BUMP* in the night?

jude_boltons_babe
2nd February 2003, 08:23 PM
i cant wait till the trivia night it will be great

Diego
2nd February 2003, 08:42 PM
Well it's starting to look like I will be moving to melbourne the weekend after, so i will be there as it's my last chance to hang out with a room full of swans ppl. I know i can head down and join the STh Melbourne faction...but I will miss the swans so much.

I have a few old footy cards with B Round and David Ackerly et al. They wont get much at all but i can donate them as i am doing nothing with them.

:)

TheMase
3rd February 2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by jude_adams_babe
i cant wait till the trivia night it will be great

We got the message the first two times ...

Bron
3rd February 2003, 09:50 PM
Swans Supporters Inc ("that Arunas guy") will be doing a mailout to their database of close to 1000 people later this week and will include a promo for the trivia night.

In the spirit of goodwill and because we are all supporting the same club and have the same aspirations (a flag), I think that we should refrain from flaming those who are doing something via SSI as has happened in the past - feedback yes, flaming and personal attacks are not appropriate (as in the guidlines for this board).

I will post the email here for those who are interested. SSI is looking to build a membership base so that membership concerns can be heard - a force of hundreds (potentially more down the track) will hopefully get a better reception than one or two. There is a strong focus on getting better "services" to Melbourne members and a function is proposed for later this year.

See www.swanssupporters.org - further updates will be on the site later in the week.

Ajn
3rd February 2003, 10:43 PM
Who signed the jumper and who will bid on my behalf, need a tele-link.

swansrock4eva
3rd February 2003, 11:18 PM
Ajn, and anyone else who can't be there on the night:
If you wish to find a fellow RWO'er who will be there, and tee it up with them to bid by mobile phone, that is perfectly acceptable(watch one of the TV auction shows if you dunno how to play like that!).

swansrock4eva
8th February 2003, 04:49 PM
I've just been informed that the Trivia night actually is on the same date as the upcoming State election. Election booths close as 6pm, we start at 7pm so i'm hoping this doesn't pose a problem for anyone, but I already know of 3 ppl i had lined up to attend who are actually working on a booth. Does anyone else have that problem? If so, please reply here asap!

Charlie
8th February 2003, 05:21 PM
Gem, can you please make sure that you post a full list of everything in the charity auction ahead of the actual night? Just so those who can't attend can bid on everything that ends up there.

Pics would be good to where possible...

swansrock4eva
8th February 2003, 05:56 PM
Charlie, at this stage it will only be the signed guernsey, because we are relying on big donations for those prizes and the club is really the only one that can do that for us. But seeing as the guernsey is a pretty big prize in itself, and one we weren't actually expecting to get in the first place, that should suffice I hope!

swansrock4eva
12th February 2003, 05:38 PM
Just bumping again, and reminding everyone to come find me on Sunday under the big tree!!!