PDA

View Full Version : Our Guns

20th July 2004, 02:21 AM
Guns:
Hall, Goodes, O'Louglin (is getting on).

Potential Guns:
Doyle (??), McVeigh (?).

That is all I could think of. Thoughts???

NMWBloods
20th July 2004, 10:25 AM
This year we have one gun - Hall.

Last year Goodes and O'Loughlin were probably guns too, but not currently. Goodes probably should be again, but maybe not O'Loughlin.

Barry is close.

Williams was, but not any more.

Potentials - McVeigh, Davis, Schneider, Kennelly.

Snowy
20th July 2004, 11:24 AM
Goodes may be if he is not medically mismanaged.

gossipcom
20th July 2004, 11:26 AM
Bevan's got the potential to be a big gun.

Willo needs to get his freaking foot sorted out!

stellation
20th July 2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
This year we have one gun - Hall.

Last year Goodes and O'Loughlin were probably guns too, but not currently. Goodes probably should be again, but maybe not O'Loughlin.

Barry is close.

Williams was, but not any more.

Potentials - McVeigh, Davis, Schneider, Kennelly.

I agree with that totally.

Sanecow
20th July 2004, 12:28 PM
LIST OF GUNS TO FOLLOW STOP HALL STOP

swansrule100
20th July 2004, 04:09 PM
Paul Roos

SwansRock
20th July 2004, 10:26 PM
brett kirk jude bolton

Slick Swans
20th July 2004, 10:40 PM
Definatly Brett Kirk, I can't rate him high enough, and Bazza of corse and can't go past Leo

SwansRock
20th July 2004, 10:46 PM
good now i know who i like on this fourm

chammond
20th July 2004, 10:49 PM
I guess to me a "gun" is someone who can, and frequently does, change the result of a game off their own boot.

Hall, O'Loughlin, Kirk, Goodes and Williams are all capable of regularly achieving that, and have done so at different times over the past 18 months. Jason Ball is also certainly capable of achieving that, but probably hasn't done so since 2002.

Nicks has won the odd game off his own boot, but you couldn't say he'd ever do it regularly. Davis and Kennelly both seem to have the ability to be a gun, but haven't reached that standard yet.

Snowy
21st July 2004, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't say Kirk does that off his own boot, more the role he plays. A gun is usually someone who has ultra talent and is destructive.

daniel f
21st July 2004, 02:21 PM
guns[IMO] Hall,Okeefe,J.Bolton,Kirk,Barry

Damien
21st July 2004, 04:05 PM
Hall, Goodes, O'Loughlin, Ball and Williams are our guns IMO. They can dictate how our team plays

Then we have stars like Kirk Schauble and Barry that are vital.

I probably rate J.Bolton as the hard at the ball player we need, but not as a gun. I think his looks and alleged dealings with Delta make him a superstar - in reality I think he is just the hard type of player every team needs. Sort of like Jason Johnson I guess.

Mike_B
21st July 2004, 04:14 PM
All of our guns are surely better than Mark Williams (Hawthorn) air rifle :D

SwansRock
21st July 2004, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snowy
I wouldn't say Kirk does that off his own boot, more the role he plays. A gun is usually someone who has ultra talent and is destructive. [/QUOT

you just described him

Slick Swans
21st July 2004, 10:28 PM
Too rite! Destructive talk about destructive, who else in the league has 88 tackles and is head and shoulders above anyone else, that is destructive!

dread and might
22nd July 2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Mike_B
All of our guns are surely better than Mark Williams (Hawthorn) air rifle :D

most arrogant player to average 6 posessions a game. on a team that normally loses. idiot.

sharp9
22nd July 2004, 10:46 AM
A gun.....mmm, I'd define a gun as any player that every coach in the league would fair froth at the mouth to name in their side. We have two, Brett Kirk and Barry Hall (plus Goodes, Schneider and O'Loughlin when fit).