PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Footy... Who's going to win????

me son
21st July 2004, 11:04 AM
How many of you out there are willing to make an early 5 weeks out from finals call on possible GF combatants?

1st Grade Ladder Currently
North Shore
UNSW - ES
St George
Pennant Hills

Reserve Grade Ladder
Pennant Hills
East Coast
North Shore
Balmain

Under 18's Ladder
Pennant Hills
St George
East Coast
North Shore
Redbacks
Wollongong
Riverview

Me sons thoughts.....

First Grade
North Shore v UNSW-ES

Reserves Grade
Pennant Hills v East Coast

Under 18's
Pennant Hills v Riverview

The rest of you??????

in_the_outer
21st July 2004, 02:16 PM
1st Grade - Uni v St George
Reserves - Pennant Hills v Balmain
18's - Pennant Hills v St George

j s
21st July 2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by me son
How many of you out there are willing to make an early 5 weeks out from finals call on possible GF combatants?

1st Grade Ladder Currently
North Shore
UNSW - ES
St George
Pennant Hills

Reserve Grade Ladder
Pennant Hills
East Coast
North Shore
Balmain

Under 18's Ladder
Pennant Hills
St George
East Coast
North Shore
Redbacks
Wollongong
Riverview

Me sons thoughts.....

First Grade
North Shore v UNSW-ES

Reserves Grade
Pennant Hills v East Coast

Under 18's
Pennant Hills v Riverview

The rest of you?????? For U18 Riverview will have some difficulty even making the finals from their current position, especially considering their relatively poor percentage. They really need to win all four of their remaining games which includes one against St George. This is quite possible but that one game will essentially decide their position. Brest possible finish is 5th. They would then face knockout games every week of the finals. Tough call! If either of Northshore or Redbacks win their games then RV is out.

Assuming all top seven teams beat bottom six in their remaining games and games between top seven have a questionable outcome the possible ladder rankings are as follows (certain victories plus who they play in the top group):

Pennant Hills 48 points plus games against NS, ECE & RB (max 60)
St George 48 points plus NS, RV (max 56)
East Coast Eagles 48 points plus PH (max 52)
Wollongong 48 points plus RB (max 52)
Riverview 44 points plus SG (max 48)
Northshore 40 points plus SG & PH (max 48)
Redbacks 40 points plus WG & PH (max 48)

The six games where the top group clash are:
PH v NS
PH v ECE
PH v RB
NS v SG
RB v WG
RV v SG

ECE, NS & RB also have byes to come which is effectively a losing game. The above points scores include this factor.

PH has the toughest (remaining) draw but percentage will get them thru even if they lost all three of the above games (unlikely).

SG only has two tough games and again %age will see them thru.

ECE needs to win against PH or their low %age will mean they depend on other games going the right way

WG can afford to lose their one tough game as long as other games go to plan (ie PH and SG win all their games)

If NS wins all games they are in but can lose one and still get in if RB and RV also lose their tough game

RB needs to win both games plus both NS and WG to lose one

RV needs to win plus both NS and RB lose one

Any of PH, SG, ECE, NS and WG could finish on top with the right results and only modest %age changes.

I'm biased as to the results I want see which is for NS to win all their games.

motorace_182
21st July 2004, 04:57 PM
1st Grade:
North Shore vs UNSW - ES

2nd Grade:
Penno vs East Coast

Under 18s:
Penno vs East Coast

Norris Lurker
21st July 2004, 07:43 PM
Still a long way to go - at this stage last year UNSW-ES were struggling to make the 4, and we all know what happened.
Anyway, my tips from here are:

Seniors - North Shore v UNSW-ES, with the Bombers finally to turn the tables.
Reserves - Pennant Hills v North Shore, with Penno to take the title.
U18s - Pennant Hills v St George, with the Demons to get up.

J Zan 23
3rd August 2004, 06:03 PM
Riverview are no chance to make the finals unless they can string 4 quarters of solid footy together. St George thumped them on the weekend because of their superior commitment towards the footy. No doubt the View boys have had glimpses of brilliance, but will need to show a bit more come finals time.

At this stage i'm tipping Wollongong to make the G.F

yelmit
4th August 2004, 09:51 PM
see ya NS in 18's

the top 4

pennant hills
st george
east coast
woolongong

the rest

redbacks 40points with bye and woolongong
north shore 36points with bye and Holroyd-parra
riverview 36points with wests and camblltown

it comes down to the woolongong v redbacks game for 5th
or view need massive victories to nill next two weeks

shearer
5th August 2004, 11:47 AM
Wollongong will flog them if they play all there Rams blokes.

j s
5th August 2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by yelmit
see ya NS in 18's

the top 4

pennant hills
st george
east coast
woolongong

the rest

redbacks 40points with bye and woolongong
north shore 36points with bye and Holroyd-parra
riverview 36points with wests and camblltown

it comes down to the woolongong v redbacks game for 5th
or view need massive victories to nill next two weeks
NS still have a remote chance of scraping in. If woolongong wins, NS wins and riverview loses either of their two games then NS scrapes in on %age.

Problem is that riverview should win both games easily which will make it as you say.

Prince
5th August 2004, 04:24 PM
nth shore are gone....... my info is first time in nearly 20 years they have missed Under 18/Under 19 Finals.

riverview will not drop another game and will win them by big margins. 10+ goals this week and 30+ the following week.

i think riverview will also scrape into 5th spot and play EastCoast on 22nd Aug in elimanation final.

provided penno get over eastcoast this weekend... St george v Wollongong in Qualifying final with St George to win and set up second semi against last years premiers penno for a spot in GF....

but with st george getting up last start at Ern Holmes they will be slight favourites.... Penno had 6 starters out that day to injury and first grade.... St george had a few out aswell.. makes for a big game!!!!

Those two teams will contest the GF.....

jazzy jeff and the fresh?

shearer
5th August 2004, 04:51 PM
Most people on here think Saints 18's cant play so Prince it will be interesting to see how they fare.

That game you mentioned at Penno was a good game of footy. I think with both sides getting there players back from first grade for the finals the finals will be good quality games.

parade old boy
16th August 2004, 12:52 PM
Riverview boys did well to get to 6th, I am told no umpires for there last game at campbelltown, gee the NSWAFL are lucky the Redback and the gong was not a close one as a campbelltown parent umpiring was a little one sided and if it had of come down to percentage could of been crucial to riverview. Wollongong are certain pretenders, getting flogged by redbacks and will back up against them this week...my tip is eastcoast v penno gf